UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

How much can we get these for from @DannyLe ? :unsure: What is the timeline for the heavier weighted shafts?
He’s not really a sales guy, but they do offer shafts on their website

Does anyone know the difference between these shafts and the 460 ES?

I would love to see these in a heavier weight. say 90g or higher.

I would love to see these in a heavier weight. say 90g or higher.
I believe on his episode of Off Course, Danny mentioned that heavier weights will be a part of this lineup. With that said, I have been playing Recoil 95s in my Srixon ZX combo set, which is a weight step lighter than my Proto 110s in my Ben Hogan PTx Pros, and I am liking it quite a bit. Makes me wonder how light I can go.

I believe on his episode of Off Course, Danny mentioned that heavier weights will be a part of this lineup. With that said, I have been playing Recoil 95s in my Srixon ZX combo set, which is a weight step lighter than my Proto 110s in my Ben Hogan PTx Pros, and I am liking it quite a bit. Makes me wonder how light I can go.
My Forged TEC have the Recoil 95s. My previous set was the same as yours. I’ve been trying a OL F8 8 iron and GW. I was concerned that the shaft was 65g. I shouldn’t have been. It is remarkably well balanced. I can only imagine how good the Dart, or a similarly weighted UST shaft would be.

My Forged TEC have the Recoil 95s. My previous set was the same as yours. I’ve been trying a OL F8 8 iron and GW. I was concerned that the shaft was 65g. I shouldn’t have been. It is remarkably well balanced. I can only imagine how good the Dart, or a similarly weighted UST shaft would be.
That’s exactly how I feel. It took me about a week and a few range sessions to figure it all out, as I think I was using the shaft weight to help shallow me out a bit. Once I was able to put it together, I have been mashing the ball.

Going to put a set of these into some Hot Metal Pro irons and give them more of a test.

Going to put a set of these into some Hot Metal Pro irons and give them more of a test.
Be careful....that sounds like a lethal combo!

Be careful....that sounds like a lethal combo!

Going lighter than I have previously since I have been in the Recoil 95, but hitting these in the Apex irons I have really enjoyed them.

Looks like UST Mamiya is looking for testers on their Instagram page. Deadline 3/29. FYI. (y)

I can't wait for these to come out in 95s. I have tried to go lower than that and it just does not work well for me.

Going lighter than I have previously since I have been in the Recoil 95, but hitting these in the Apex irons I have really enjoyed them.
Will be weird at first and It will take a few swings but your body will adjust...probably. haha

Let me know the differences you see. I have the 95's as well & was considering the Dart shafts as an "upgrade" (y)

I'm now gaming the UST Mamiya Recoil Dart (75s, F3) in my Apex Triple Play Combo set and have been very pleased. I had the older recoils and they seem quite similar, although the new ones are slightly stiffer. Great accuracy. Distance might be less, but hard to tell through the CA 'winter'.

I have the 65 F4’s in my Apex21 Combo set. Had the Catalyst 80’s in my Apex 19’s. At 64 lighter is better for me. However don’t let the weight fool you. I was a little concerned but with the Tech and extra hoop strength these feel great. Was also worried about distance loss due to weaker lofts in the Apex pro part of the combo set. Well that is a none factor. Distance is the same. Nice high trajectory. IMO these play and feel a little firmer and heavier than you might think, if that makes sense. I’m expecting great things from my iron game in 21’
Also the LIN-Q Purple is really trying to gain its spot in my Driver.

Regarding the Dart 75, the A flex and R flex are the only two grams difference and that appears to be the only difference! The Torque and ball flight is the same!

So my question is what is the difference between the A flex (seniors) and R flex (regular) other then the slight weight difference?

Thx.

Regarding the Dart 75, the A flex and R flex are the only two grams difference and that appears to be the only difference! The Torque and ball flight is the same!

So my question is what is the difference between the A flex (seniors) and R flex (regular) other then the slight weight difference?

Thx.
Just flex. One of the benefits of graphite is the ability to alter flex and weight independently

I’m certainly interested in how low I can go in weight.

Pretty smooth swing but I do like weight to feel the club through the swing.... I’ve been as light as 95 I believe.

Just flex. One of the benefits of graphite is the ability to alter flex and weight independently

Okay so based on my initial post, what is flex? I mean what changes the R to an A flex, two grams weight???

Wouldn't you think there would be something else behind the flex change like kickpoint, ball flight, torque, etc. and not just two grams weight difference?

Okay so based on my initial post, what is flex? I mean what changes the R to an A flex, two grams weight???

Wouldn't you think there would be something else behind the flex change like kickpoint, ball flight, torque, etc. and not just two grams weight difference?
Correct a generic look would leave one to believe it would have a higher launch angle than the regular if properly released in the swing. I believe what @JB was referring to was the locations of the weight in those two shafts to accomplish a result needed in that weight and flex designation, the easiest glance would be a few grams of weight but the balance points would likely be different as well as the kick point. Torque shows the same on the manufacturer site. Only difference in the photos above and the UST site is the launch with the 65’s showing high and 75’s mid on the site.

5663E25A-B209-4F1F-B920-F31A7E3131E0.jpeg
FF699945-BC78-4504-8055-0D5331431E9A.jpegF5A64A3C-6A49-49CC-8181-3392DBACE8BC.jpeg
Pulled some quick specs on the 75 F4 version of the shaft. The color comes across as a black or even a midnight blue as it gives off the slightest hint of blue in the reflection. Shaft comes in raw at 41”.
Weight: 75.43 g
Balance Pt: 20” from Tip
CPM Reading: First Cycle (Average)
Butt: 205g 310.6 (313.7) 454g 213.5 (214.3)
10” 205g 359.5 (363.1) 454g 246.8 (247.6)
15” 205g 435.6 (437.2) 454g 297.6 (298.5)
20” 205g 544.0 (546.4) 454g 369.7 (371.0)
25” 205g 740.3 (746.6) 454g 502.4 (506.3)
30” 454g 828.6 (834.1)

50g Tip 467.8 (468.7)

Hit the range to try to get a resemblance of a swing, have been really enjoying these in the irons as I am much more able to feel the shaft in the swing vs. my old shafts. The flight looks really good to my eye on nicely struck shots, fighting winter rust and mental blocks at the moment. The transition at the top and the release feel smooth throughout without a whippy feel in either end which was really pleasing specially with the weight class, they seem to feel stable like a heavier shaft in the way they react in the swing.

So I may have tested Recoil DART 90s earlier this week (only one set exists currently). And my current Recoil Proto shafts are now scared and should be.

Back