UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

My adjustment time was nonexistent. It was (and is) a most pleasant Experience.
I mean we saw what you did with them in less than 48 hrs...

I was one on the fence with switching to graphite. Little did I know it was going to be the best thing for my game.

Hey THP I have tons of steel shafts up for grabs...

Hey don't flood the market I'm trying to sell some shafts here :ROFLMAO:

At some point this year, I'm giving the Recoil proto 110's a LOOOOONG look.

I think I'm over dealing with the elbow pain associated with steel.
Since I switched from steel to the Recoils I have had zero issues with the pains in my elbow. It is definitely worth a look. I will never go back to steel.

Since I switched from steel to the Recoils I have had zero issues with the pains in my elbow. It is definitely worth a look. I will never go back to steel.
I went into the Graphite Challenge with some fairly significant tennis elbow pain, to the point where I put myself on a swing count and was applying ice every night and wearing a brace during the day. I think it was exacerbated by hitting off mats at the range.

Since moving to the 110 Prototypes, my elbow pain has been a 1 at it’s highest, and I have been playing just as much golf with a higher proportion of range time because of my lessons and working on my swing to apply those lessons. These shafts promote an effortless swing. At the event Danny said that dispersion would be much more narrow, but I never expected to see some of the results I have been getting. I went into the event averaging 4-6 golf balls lost a round. I have played 5 golf balls over my last three rounds. I have big plans for these shafts in 2020.

Last edited:

As I reflect on these statements for a second - I don't think I'm going back either. I'm in my 40's and my body will only thank me later, and I don't yet deal with elbow.hand pain, etc. and frankly with a handful of other issues, don't want to. Preventive Maintenance is where its at.

As I reflect on these statements for a second - I don't think I'm going back either. I'm in my 40's and my body will only thank me later, and I don't yet deal with elbow.hand pain, etc. and frankly with a handful of other issues, don't want to. Preventive Maintenance is where its at.
I don’t want to speak for you, but I also wanted to point out that I have seen zero performance sacrifice with the graphite shafts. I really want to try them on a set of club heads like the Cobra ForgedTec.

I don’t want to speak for you, but I also wanted to point out that I have seen zero performance sacrifice with the graphite shafts. I really want to try them on a set of club heads like the Cobra ForgedTec.

I agree there has been no performance lost at all. I played 110's for about a year and a half. Only reason I switched was by the end of the round I was getting wore out.. Since dropping to the 95's I don't have that issue of getting tired. Only thing I miss from the 110's is the ball flight was just a bit lower and sometimes that was very handy.
It is definitely worth making sure you get the right weight and flex for them.

I was one on the fence with switching to graphite. Little did I know it was going to be the best thing for my game.

Hey THP I have tons of steel shafts up for grabs...
Time to get that trader history up on the BST!

I haven't fully taken on the graphite challenge yet, although I've flirted with it in the past.

The idea really excites me. Might even have to write about it.

I haven't fully taken on the graphite challenge yet, although I've flirted with it in the past.

The idea really excites me. Might even have to write about it.

I like where this is headed.

I like where this is headed.
One thing I've never done, is sent it through the wedges.

Having full graphite from driver to wedges? Maybe even putter? That'd be kind of fun.

Having full graphite from driver to wedges? Maybe even putter? That'd be kind of fun.
I just added Ben Hogan Equalizer wedges with Recoils to the bag yesterday and clanked one off the pin from 115yds. I think I gained some accuracy with graphite in the wedges.
Only club without graphite is the putter! @DannyLe can you make that happen?

I'm sending the wedges. The putter is decidedly nervous.

I just added Ben Hogan Equalizer wedges with Recoils to the bag yesterday and clanked one off the pin from 115yds. I think I gained some accuracy with graphite in the wedges.
Only club without graphite is the putter! @DannyLe can you make that happen?
This is awesome to hear. Which recoils did you go with? I’m planning on making this change soon since I finally figured out how to swing a wedge on pitch and chip shots. Just need to figure out some gapping before I make the investment.

This is awesome to hear. Which recoils did you go with? I’m planning on making this change soon since I finally figured out how to swing a wedge on pitch and chip shots. Just need to figure out some gapping before I make the investment.
When they did my fitting at TheGrandaddy, fitter said go same shaft all the way thru to the wedges. Only thing he changed was went D2 in wedges for the extra heft in the head.
There is a certain comfort level but also I generally refer heavier wedges Just something you have to play with a bit.

When they did my fitting at TheGrandaddy, fitter said go same shaft all the way thru to the wedges. Only thing he changed was went D2 in wedges for the extra heft in the head.
There is a certain comfort level but also I generally refer heavier wedges Just something you have to play with a bit.
Exactly the same thing DannyLe mentioned during the Graphite Challenge...go graphite all the way through the bag.

Recoils ES 780 | F4

It's been a VERY long time since I even considered putting graphite in my irons. Not sure why, just always thought steel first. Might have to play a bit with what a shaft might feel like in an iron.

It's been a VERY long time since I even considered putting graphite in my irons. Not sure why, just always thought steel first. Might have to play a bit with what a shaft might feel like.
You can hit mine at the Distance Bash as much as you want.

take a look at my setup. ;) Steel just isn’t needed.

Back