UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

Hi CS & Topdogg. I have a box sitting behind me waiting to be ripped apart

Did I read correctly somewhere in this thread that these shafts are $125 per shaft?

Get to ripping!

Wow. And I assume that it's not easy to be able to test these before buying.

Did I read correctly somewhere in this thread that these shafts are $125 per shaft?

The Protype version of this shaft is in the $125 range. There are a few other versions that are significantly cheaper

Wow. And I assume that it's not easy to be able to test these before buying.

Unless they ever have their specs input into the shaft optimizer or have easily available shafts for testing, etc - it would be difficult for most to try before purchasing I believe.

Are aerotech shafts around the same price?

Tore that box open like it was...well a box full of Anser irons with Recoil shafts!!! I am blown away by how the full package looks. This is not the thread to discuss the irons but man o man are they gorgeous. The shafts look like steel. Just a darker color but they definitely look steel to the eye. The iron feels like it has some heft to it which is what I like. Range tomorrow!!

Tore that box open like it was...well a box full of Anser irons with Recoil shafts!!! I am blown away by how the full package looks. This is not the thread to discuss the irons but man o man are they gorgeous. The shafts look like steel. Just a darker color but they definitely look steel to the eye. The iron feels like it has some heft to it which is what I like. Range tomorrow!!

Can't wait to see some pictures and your initial thoughts from the range!

My guess is you are gonna be blown away and absolutely love them.

Can't wait to see some pictures and your initial thoughts from the range!

My guess is you are gonna be blown away and absolutely love them.

I can say that by looks alone I am blown away. Ball flight is key though. I like a high flight

you know what would make this post better, pictures. Happy they got in.

you know what would make this post better, pictures. Happy they got in.

Don't mod me!! I even told myself this morning that maybe I should take the camera in today. I forgot. Am hopeful for some sun tomorrow morning and I can get some good outdoor pics. If not I will get the best I can

Don't mod me!! I even told myself this morning that maybe I should take the camera in today. I forgot. Am hopeful for some sun tomorrow morning and I can get some good outdoor pics. If not I will get the best I can
No worries, any pics are better than no pics!!!

you sir are killing me! But nevertheless I look forward to those pictures. The old school ping homer in me wants to see this combo.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts Chunky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunky: can you remind us if you had these hard or soft stepped, and if you did, what you expect/hope that it will accomplish?

I can say that by looks alone I am blown away. Ball flight is key though. I like a high flight

I think you will like the flight. I am seeing flights similar to KBS tours, a nice mid/mid high. I find that these resemble those shafts almost exactly. From the feel to the look, to the weight, to the flight. Just really enjoying these shafts immensely.

Glad you finally got them! I think you will love the flight you get with these. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.

Chunky: can you remind us if you had these hard or soft stepped, and if you did, what you expect/hope that it will accomplish?

I went stiff flex soft stepped once. When you are between flexes you can either hard step the lower flex(regular) or soft step the higher flex(stiff). This will make it play softer than a stiff. I've done this with most stiff flex shafts I have played and loved the results. IMO it gives me the benefits of the stiffer flex(better dispersion) but at the same time my distance should still be fine

you sir are killing me! But nevertheless I look forward to those pictures. The old school ping homer in me wants to see this combo.

It is stunning if I must say so my self

I went stiff flex soft stepped once. When you are between flexes you can either hard step the lower flex(regular) or soft step the higher flex(stiff). This will make it play softer than a stiff. I've done this with most stiff flex shafts I have played and loved the results. IMO it gives me the benefits of the stiffer flex(better dispersion) but at the same time my distance should still be fine

Cool, thought I remembered you planning on doing something. Will be interesting to see if these shafts handle it the same that other shafts have in the past for you.

Still compiling my thoughts on my first 72 holes with these. I will add that one thing I was surprised by was the ball flight. A bit higher then what I expected, but it was still pretty flat and had zero spin issues with cold winds. Mid-high yet still powerful is a good was to summarize it.

Still compiling my thoughts on my first 72 holes with these. I will add that one thing I was surprised by was the ball flight. A bit higher then what I expected, but it was still pretty flat and had zero spin issues with cold winds. Mid-high yet still powerful is a good was to summarize it.

Sounds like you are seeing the same thing I am, and its a great flight. Like you said a penetrating mid-high that's carries forever. Can't wait to hear your other thoughts as well.

Back