UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

I saw what they have made for Breast Cancer Awareness. Those are spectacular. I can't wait to see what the three of you have come up with for us.

Holy crap the customs that were done for our event next week are amazing.

mans yes we will be giving one away.

I saw what they have made for Breast Cancer Awareness. Those are spectacular. I can't wait to see what the three of you have come up with for us.

Those are stellar, I’m sure ours will be just as good!

So stoked to see what has been masterminded for this Experience!

I had played Recoil 95s before, but it has been 3 years. I have never played the 110s. I took a bit of a leap of faith and ordered 110 F4s with my new Cobra King Tour MIMs. I had a session on TrackMan tonight and to say I am stoked is an extreme understatement. I had favored SteelFibers in the last couple of years, but the 110s play very similar, with a bit of a smoother feel to them. I am excited to experience them out on the course tomorrow.

I had played Recoil 95s before, but it has been 3 years. I have never played the 110s. I took a bit of a leap of faith and ordered 110 F4s with my new Cobra King Tour MIMs. I had a session on TrackMan tonight and to say I am stoked is an extreme understatement. I had favored SteelFibers in the last couple of years, but the 110s play very similar, with a bit of a smoother feel to them. I am excited to experience them out on the course tomorrow.

Welcome back to 110's! They have a great feel to them, very responsive and efficient.

Ok, these are pretty outstanding. So spooky. WANT.

E4811478-CF2B-4E7B-859A-AEEB0C355EAA.png

Curious for feedback on recoil 110 F4 vs. F5. I play these in F5. Flex seems fine to me. Not too stiff, not too soft. But I haven't hit the F4 either and don't know that I will get a chance. I know with many steel shafts I can range fairly well between stiff and Xstiff. I wonder if I would see much of a difference? Why the interest? Body wear and tear.

Curious for feedback on recoil 110 F4 vs. F5. I play these in F5. Flex seems fine to me. Not too stiff, not too soft. But I haven't hit the F4 either and don't know that I will get a chance. I know with many steel shafts I can range fairly well between stiff and Xstiff. I wonder if I would see much of a difference? Why the interest? Body wear and tear.

I too am on that borderline where I want to try both. I have not played the F5 but can speak to the 110 Proto F4. My tempo is on the fluid side, and from my perspective I feel like F4 I can swing hard/fast and it still is right there with me. I'm the kind of player that is in that 105-110 driver CHS / 88-90 7i speed and has a swing style that can do OK in either. I think they might be a little less firm and might not hold up as well as a PX6.0, but I'd rate equal or better than some others I've played in that way. I'd like to experiment with an F5 set at some point.

Love how those came out. So much awesomeness!!!

Those are amaaaaaaazing! I love the beach theme :love:

Oh my goodness, those are amazing.

Oh wooooooooooow! That graphics team outdid themselves! Those are...

Those custom shafts are sooooo good

So cool!

I just love these so much.

EmONBNxWMAALhFy.jpeg

Yeah I’d say they’re easy to love.
That layered design is sooo goood!

I had a lot of fun with my Recoils over the weekend. They are just a joy to play. I'm looking forward to what all of the latest contest winners have to say about their new shafts!

i'm really excited to hear some feedback from @chefkritter @JDax @MSEASU @Afizzle2100 @thewilderside and @mtbloco on how these shafts performed at the 2020 ben hogan event but also ongoing as they get more time in with them. i had to hit off mats last week, and my elbow/forearm is still aching from it. a change to graphite may be needed and recoils would get my first look.

Back