UST Mamiya Recoil Shafts Review Thread

Even going out completely cold, after I drove 2 hours home - my irons were just so smooth and on point with these. So much of everything else felt iffy at times, but man the swing with these in my irons continue to be absolutely incredible. The consistency on distance and dispersion allow me to never really doubt what is about to happen, and paired with the srixon heads, they are money. No honeymoon period with these...they have been the best of the best since I installed them.

I hit a few shots with my buddies new Taylormade irons yesterday with steel shafts. The setup didn't feel bad but man after hitting them my Recoils have really spoiled me. Next hole I hit an awesome 8 iron that felt so much smoother and softer than his irons. Iv mentioned it before, but what I like about these the most is chipping and pitching. I love the softness and smoothness I can get on them yet they aren't floppy or loose like one would think they are that isn't educated in these shafts.

Anyone gaming the Recoil 95’s?

Anyone gaming the Recoil 95’s?

I have the 95 F3 (hard-stepped) in my Srixon Z565/765/965 combo set as well I have them in my RTX-3 wedges (protos).i really like them a lot and weight I find is nice balance. I also put them in my Cobra King wedges and they are great.

Recently ordered a Srixon U85 4 and purchased it with the Recoil 95. I have the Recoil Smacwrap Black 780F4 in my Cobra Forged Tec Black but they are like 9 grams less but the 95 for me seem about right although both are smooth and easy on joints. I had the Aerotech Steelfibre 95 and they were pretty good but for me they were slightly stouter. It really is personal preference.

If you have any specific questions, fire away.

I recently put Recoil 95s in my wedges, and am really happy with the results. Very smooth shafts, and are likely to be top of the list next time I'm shopping for irons.

I recently put Recoil 95s in my wedges, and am really happy with the results. Very smooth shafts, and are likely to be top of the list next time I'm shopping for irons.

I played that particular model in my last 2 wedge sets and they definitely took my wedge game to new levels I never experienced with steel shafts. The 780 ES Smacwrap shafts I have in my current wedges picked tight up where those left off.

72 holes this weekend and couldn't have done it without my recoils. Allowed me to swing smooth even after playing way too much golf for my own good. Distances stayed spot on throughout.

I love the Doxie!

The clubs are nice too lol

72 holes this weekend and couldn't have done it without my recoils. Allowed me to swing smooth even after playing way too much golf for my own good. Distances stayed spot on throughout.

72 holes! That is absolutely nuts!

I have MP 18 mmc irons with 95 f3 shafts. When I got them they were perfect. After some swing changes and improved speed I think i am ballooning them. Would simply going f4 solve this?

I have MP 18 mmc irons with 95 f3 shafts. When I got them they were perfect. After some swing changes and improved speed I think i am ballooning them. Would simply going f4 solve this?

That should bring launch and spin down some, if it’s gotten really bad then you may want to consider going Prototype F4.

I’d really like to try the Apex 19 with a Recoil 95 and 110...so contemplating how I might acquire a 7i with each.

What’s is the main difference between 780 ES and 780 ES Smacwrap?
Seems like they are same weight and profile. Do they play differently?
What about comparing to Recoil 95? Beside the weight difference. How do they compare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s is the main difference between 780 ES and 780 ES Smacwrap?
Seems like they are same weight and profile. Do they play differently?
What about comparing to Recoil 95? Beside the weight difference. How do they compare?

Besides the extra vibration dampening provided by the Smacwrap, I'm not sure if the actual playing characteristics differ between the two 780 ES shafts.

My current iron set has 780 ES SW F4 and previous set had Recoil 95 F4. The 780 ES SW has a little softer tip than the 95 so I get a slightly higher ball flight with the 780. The 780 feels a little smoother to me also. Both are great shafts IMO and have no issue playing either one.

UST Recoil Shafts Review Thread

Besides the extra vibration dampening provided by the Smacwrap, I'm not sure if the actual playing characteristics differ between the two 780 ES shafts.

My current iron set has 780 ES SW F4 and previous set had Recoil 95 F4. The 780 ES SW has a little softer tip than the 95 so I get a slightly higher ball flight with the 780. The 780 feels a little smoother to me also. Both are great shafts IMO and have no issue playing either one.

Good to hear. I enjoy 95 in my Flihi and just wondering on 780’s. Is vibration dampening on smacwrap really pronounce compare to ES? Is it really noticeable?
Couldn’t find any 780’s demo to hit on local store.
All they have is 95’s and Project X LZ to try. I get same result between LZ and 95. I like the look of Recoils better than LZ.
Thanks

I've got a few rounds in with my Recoil 110 F4s and I'm a believer. Even when hitting it thin the vibration is negligible compared to my old True Temper's.

Good to hear. I enjoy 95 in my Flihi and just wondering on 780’s. Is vibration dampening on smacwrap really pronounce compare to ES? Is it really noticeable?
Couldn’t find any 780’s demo to hit on local store.
All they have is 95’s and Project X LZ to try. I get same result between LZ and 95. I like the look of Recoils better than LZ.
Thanks

I have never hit the 780 ES (without Smacwrap) so can't answer that. Does feel slightly less in comparison to the 95 though.

I have never hit the 780 ES (without Smacwrap) so can't answer that. Does feel slightly less in comparison to the 95 though.
I game 780f4ES's and have demo'd the same w/smacwrap... they felt very similar to me. In such a small sample size (with the SW), I couldn't tell a difference in vibration dampening, but would I over a round? Week? Season? Hard to say. But I buy into what UST is selling.

Maybe a misnomer, but the apex19's w/ smacwrap launched slightly higher than my apexcf16s w/ standard 780es.

I was finally able to get out with my custom Recoils that i won here on THP this past week. I have the 95's in these that were played by Danny at Shaft up. I must say they were Frickin' AWESOME ! I have Mediums grips on all my iron sets and these are standard and that was my miss when i was trying them out, I Would over flip a few here and again. but they were almost as long as my KBS's but my hands were not as sore after a large bucket either. I could control the loft of the shots quite well. was able to hit the window i wanted when i tried to flight it down and could draw the ball just as easy, like i said a few were over flipped, but there was a s bit of wind here in Texas too. Love em'

I was finally able to get out with my custom Recoils that i won here on THP this past week. I have the 95's in these that were played by Danny at Shaft up. I must say they were Frickin' AWESOME ! I have Mediums grips on all my iron sets and these are standard and that was my miss when i was trying them out, I Would over flip a few here and again. but they were almost as long as my KBS's but my hands were not as sore after a large bucket either. I could control the loft of the shots quite well. was able to hit the window i wanted when i tried to flight it down and could draw the ball just as easy, like i said a few were over flipped, but there was a s bit of wind here in Texas too. Love em'

I can’t wait to see these in a couple weeks!

Back