I have played a large percentage of the both Northern and Southern Utah courses (public and private) over the past 12 years living here. We have some very good tracks.

My top 5 private courses in this order:

Victory Ranch- Unbelievable mountain scenery, perfect fairways and greens, great facilities and relatively close to Park City for nightlife. About 1.5 hours from SLC airport.
Sand Hollow - Unbelievable desert scenery, great conditions and facilities. 20 min to St George airport and 2.5 hours to Vegas.
Red Ledges- Very similar to Victory Ranch as far as location and scenery. Course is beautiful but the greens can be very difficult for golfers playing there for the 1st time.
Salt Lake Country Club- Amazing course and facilities, 10-15 min to SLC airport and lots of lodging and nightlife nearby.
Riverside Country Club- This is my home course. Home of the Utah Open. On the Provo River, in the middle of the city but feels like you're in the middle of nowhere. Great facilities and accommodations nearby. 1 hour from SLC airport.....zero nightlife.

My favorite public courses are:

Bountiful Ridge - 20 min to SLC airport, great course and greens, very scenic and challenging but not so good facilities.
Wasatch - 40 min to SLC airport, scenery is amazing, always wildlife on the course (deer, moose, turkey, fox....) not so good facilities.

Lastly- If you want to play any of these courses in Utah I would be happy to chauffeur ;)

Also- The Buck Club won't be ready to play next year but will one day (fingers crossed) be a very cool addition to Utah golf.

We’ve seen What Cobra golf has to offer for golf gear in 2020

Can’t wait to see what the state of Utah has to offer

Have to say that I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the announcement of the location. No matter where it is, I know that it will be an EXPERIENCE I will remember always.

I remain confident that Utah will not disappoint.

Definitely excited to see where the location is as well! I'm hoping that whichever course is chosen, that it really shows off the state of Utah well. Knowing our golf courses I'm sure it will!

Utah has some amazing, underrated golf. Valley View in Layton might be my favorite sleeper course of all time and Bountiful Ridge is amazing.

Utah has some amazing, underrated golf. Valley View in Layton might be my favorite sleeper course of all time and Bountiful Ridge is amazing.

Ahhhh... Bountiful Ridge is 10 minutes from my house and Valley View is about 15. Both are great munies. I played Bountiful Ridge today. Even now, in slow winter conditions, the greens are treacherous.

This thread has pretty much sold me as Utah being my next top destination for golf.

Now whether it's for a THP experience in 2020 is yet to be seen. but I am a big fan of both mountain and desert golf, as you clearly can't get either one here haha

This thread has pretty much sold me as Utah being my next top destination for golf.

Now whether it's for a THP experience in 2020 is yet to be seen. but I am a big fan of both mountain and desert golf, as you clearly can't get either one here haha

Look me up when you come. Always ready to host.

I have family in both Salt Lake and St George. So I have played a number of courses.

My favorite in St George is Sand Hollow. But there are so many fun courses including Red Hills, south gate, Sunbrook, the ledges.

In the Salt Lake area I like the ranches, Fox hollow, Old Mill, Pebblebrook.

Really the list in both areas is pretty long.

If he plays golf, he probably plays Valley View, an excellent muni in Layton.

Not a golfer, but good to know for the next time we visit.

Back