What is your fav of the area?

I never think of favorites. It’s sort of different flavors for different days. But, with that caveat, the mountain course at Wasatch is really fun, as is Hobble Creek. Close to home, probably Bountiful Ridge, which is 10 minutes from my home.

I love Valley View. Every time I visit my parents in Tremonton its a must play.

Is that where we played a couple years back or was that Bountiful Ridge?

Shot a 44 at Mick Riley on Friday, 89 at Valley View on Saturday, and 43 at Lakeside (front 9) on Sunday. The hail storm on Sunday was quite the event, though. I went from wearing a tee shirt, to putting on my pullover and rain gear, then back to the tee shirt in a matter of 15 minutes.

I love spring golf, but you really have to be prepared for anything in terms of weather.

Shot a 44 at Mick Riley on Friday, 89 at Valley View on Saturday, and 43 at Lakeside (front 9) on Sunday. The hail storm on Sunday was quite the event, though. I went from wearing a tee shirt, to putting on my pullover and rain gear, then back to the tee shirt in a matter of 15 minutes.

I love spring golf, but you really have to be prepared for anything in terms of weather.

An 89 at Valley View on Saturday is nothing to look down upon. It was WINDY, and that course is difficult even in calm conditions.

I was able to play 9 in-between rain on Sunday....then 9 for lunch today at Riverside in provo. were getting close to golf season gentlemen. lets get some groups together to play soon.

I was able to play 9 in-between rain on Sunday....then 9 for lunch today at Riverside in provo. were getting close to golf season gentlemen. lets get some groups together to play soon.

I would love to play Riverside, a course I have never played. I would so gladly pay my guest fees. I think our weather is turning the corner here in No. Utah. It’s pretty exciting.

I would love to play Riverside, a course I have never played. I would so gladly pay my guest fees. I think our weather is turning the corner here in No. Utah. It’s pretty exciting.

Hit me up anytime! I’m always down for playing with THPers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Headed to Schneiter's Riverside tomorrow and I was reading the Google reviews on the course, pretty high reviews but I noticed that the main complaint with the course was some slow groups and at times groups of more than four. Anyone had an issue with this? I hate when I get held up by other groups and can't develop a rhythm.

Headed to Schneiter's Riverside tomorrow and I was reading the Google reviews on the course, pretty high reviews but I noticed that the main complaint with the course was some slow groups and at times groups of more than four. Anyone had an issue with this? I hate when I get held up by other groups and can't develop a rhythm.

I don’t think it is any worse than other public courses. It does have a high number of “old timers” who play there regularly, but in my experience (not just at Riverside), those are not the folks who hold things up. I don’t play there a ton, but I have never noticed groups of 5. I see it a lot more at Davis Park, where it goes on regularly.

I don’t think it is any worse than other public courses. It does have a high number of “old timers” who play there regularly, but in my experience (not just at Riverside), those are not the folks who hold things up. I don’t play there a ton, but I have never noticed groups of 5. I see it a lot more at Davis Park, where it goes on regularly.
When I played Davis on Saturday afternoon I could have sworn two groups ahead of us had six people on the greens. It was driving me nuts. That on top of the group in front of us playing from the blues when they definitely shouldn't have been....It was a long round. I'm all up for challenging yourself but you need to make sure that you taking the extra challenge isn't hurting others. Just my thought.

What I know about Utah is what you can learn changing flights in Salt Lake on your way home from Vegas.

Not the best place for a stereotypical Masshole like me, but I hope you get a nice group together and have a good time.

Give my best to Mitt. We had him for a while.

When I played Davis on Saturday afternoon I could have sworn two groups ahead of us had six people on the greens. It was driving me nuts. That on top of the group in front of us playing from the blues when they definitely shouldn't have been....It was a long round. I'm all up for challenging yourself but you need to make sure that you taking the extra challenge isn't hurting others. Just my thought.
I sometimes feel like I shouldn't be allowed to play from the blues...

Or, I should be better at putting my driver in timeout. Though, since getting the new big stick, I've had significantly less errant drives.

I sometimes feel like I shouldn't be allowed to play from the blues...

Or, I should be better at putting my driver in timeout. Though, since getting the new big stick, I've had significantly less errant drives.
I played Eaglewood from the blues (or whatever color they are there) and it was quite the adjustment for me due to the fact of having to go driver - 3 wood more often. I typically find myself going driver mid iron more often.

It sounds like i'm similar to you though and have my days where I should possibly give the epic flash a break every once in awhile.....because it is the problem, not me ;). But don't tease us like that, what was the new addition to the bag?

I played Eaglewood from the blues (or whatever color they are there) and it was quite the adjustment for me due to the fact of having to go driver - 3 wood more often. I typically find myself going driver mid iron more often.

It sounds like i'm similar to you though and have my days where I should possibly give the epic flash a break every once in awhile.....because it is the problem, not me ;). But don't tease us like that, what was the new addition to the bag?

Have you played Eaglewood this season? I hadn't even checked the course, as I thought there would still be too much snow for it to be open.

The new stick is half "used". I picked up a Taylormade SLDR in 9.5°, and honestly looks like it had been struck 3 times. I then bought a Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 569 in X-Flex after a fitting. With the TP hosel, I can crank it up or down 2°, as well.
:devilish::devilish::devilish:

Have you played Eaglewood this season? I hadn't even checked the course, as I thought there would still be too much snow for it to be open.

The new stick is half "used". I picked up a Taylormade SLDR in 9.5°, and honestly looks like it had been struck 3 times. I then bought a Fujikura Speeder Evo IV 569 in X-Flex after a fitting. :devilish::devilish::devilish:
No, I played Eaglewood last year. I'm sure it is still covered in snow.

Just hit an extra large bucket of balls at Golf the round. The Toptracer technology was very cool and fun to hit and get my stats. My only complaint is that I would hope they can get some grass into the entire range. I talked to the pro shop and they informed me that Saturday they will be charging for the toptracer range as well. He said it should be around 3-6 dollars. For an ½ and 1 hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hit an extra large bucket of balls at Golf the round. The Toptracer technology was very cool and fun to hit and get my stats. My only complaint is that I would hope they can get some grass into the entire range. I talked to the pro shop and they informed me that Saturday they will be charging for the toptracer range as well. He said it should be around 3-6 dollars. For an ½ and 1 hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really enjoyed using the TopTracer range, but don't think they covered area will ever see sod. In fact, the first 3-5 feet of gravel in front of the bays used to be sod, but they changed to gravel to discourage patrons from hitting of the grass in that area.

However, there is a vast area of grass to use, and I'm sure there is no additional fee if not using the bays.

My friend said he played Bonneville today, and I also received an e-mail stating that Bountiful Ridge will be open for play as of tomorrow.

Two of my favorites just opened!

Played Schneiters Riverside yesterday and it was a fine course. I'm guessing that due to it still being early in the season there were mats on all par 3's. Fortunately after hitting an extra large bucket on Wednesday night at golf the round off their mats, and then hitting a small bucket at Riverside in the morning I was pretty accustomed to hitting off mats, but anyone know if my assumption is correct? Just early season? Unfortunately I don't know if I would play it again, good people just didn't love the course.

My friend said he played Bonneville today, and I also received an e-mail stating that Bountiful Ridge will be open for play as of tomorrow.

Two of my favorites just opened!

I played Bountiful Ridge yesterday, opening day. I hit the snow line, ha ha. It was quite cold and windy, The greens were surprisingly good. I hit 14 GIR, something that I will probably never do again this year on that course. Played 18 in just over 2.5 hours.

5080DBED-FED7-4C93-8B97-01D232FEA56F.jpeg

I played Bountiful Ridge yesterday, opening day. I hit the snow line, ha ha. It was quite cold and windy, The greens were surprisingly good. I hit 14 GIR, something that I will probably never do again this year on that course. Played 18 in just over 2.5 hours.

View attachment 8931814
With snow that close to the fairways.....I would have no chance! I'm a headcase at Bountiful Ridge!

I ended up playing Bountiful Ridge on Friday Afternoon, as Salt Lake County couldn't decide whether or not Murray Parkway was going to remain open. I played pretty well (for me) on the front nine (+7, for 42), but with the wind and cold I couldn't string things together on the back, and shot 52 for a total of 94.

I also played Bonneville on Sunday. The course was in great condition, and my friend and I looped with a Highland High Schooler and his coach, who was a former Nationwide Tour Pro. Watching them hit the ball and talk about course management was quite the enlightening experience.

Back