Great 5 holes from Sand Hollow in the first video. Still wish the Cup would have been there ;)

@maxw72 I love those videos. Those the the exact courses I play when I head south. Just came back from a tournament at Sunbrook and that Woodbridge hole this past weekend. Such fun courses!! Thanks for putting up the links!!

@maxw72 did you decide to play Copper Rock then? If so, let us know how it goes. Or if not, what courses have you got planned for the trip next month?

Supposedly Entrada "closes" the end of this week but they are doing the closure as a sort of piece by piece thing so I may still be playing Entrada, that is the goal at least! If not I may try Copper Rock or Sand Hollow. Unfortunately I will only be there over the weekend due to work so I may only be able to get one round in.

Supposedly Entrada "closes" the end of this week but they are doing the closure as a sort of piece by piece thing so I may still be playing Entrada, that is the goal at least! If not I may try Copper Rock or Sand Hollow. Unfortunately I will only be there over the weekend due to work so I may only be able to get one round in.
Wow!! Closes temporarily, for maintenance? Aeration? This is coming up on their busy season.

Wow!! Closes temporarily, for maintenance? Aeration? This is coming up on their busy season.
That is what didn't make sense to me. I can understand not wanting to work in the heat but closing during your busy season makes zero sense.

That is what didn't make sense to me. I can understand not wanting to work in the heat but closing during your busy season makes zero sense.

That is weird. Either way I'm sure you'll get to experience some great golf.

Welp, Entrada only has the back nine open for play. So I have decided to play Copper Rock. I'll let you all know how it is!

Welp, Entrada only has the back nine open for play. So I have decided to play Copper Rock. I'll let you all know how it is!
Can't wait to hear how that new one stacks up, especially as it's so close to Sand Hollow.

Can't wait to hear how that new one stacks up, especially as it's so close to Sand Hollow.
Played Copper Rock on Saturday and I was really impressed. Unfortunately the weather was windy and had some rain for about six holes but the course itself was great. The greens need some time to mature I think as it felt like you were putting on cement as the greens were pretty dried out and hard. Also, still some construction going on. They currently only have a "temporary" clubhouse, though it is extremely nice and could be a actual clubhouse, where it is situated I imagine it could be a snackbar once the actual clubhouse is finished. The fairways and tee boxes were immaculate! My brother in law and I had a problem with the range as the way the range teebox was situated, the actual range was at an angle. so if you were hitting straight you would go out of the range on the left side.

How it compares to Sand Hollow, in difficulty it is up there with Sand Hollow, it isn't an easy course and due to its location, you are going to have wind there quite often. When it comes down to signature holes and views, it can't really touch Sand Hollow or The Ledges due to it being on a relatively flat area. You hit over a small canyon, think smaller than the canyon at Palisades on hole 4(?). That isn't to say the course doesn't have some really nice views. There is a par 3 that you are hitting from an elevated teebox (see picture below) where you can see a good chunk of holes and it is really pretty, along with the red rock that you see throughout the course, it is a beautiful course, but like I said, if you are looking for those beautiful canyons you won't find it here. I think once it is 100% complete it is going to be a beautiful and extremely fun course that I would definitely visit again.

1605018466540.png
1605018493973.png1605018532233.png1605018556957.png

For those wanting to know Entrada has really let itself go early. I imagine there weren't even any members playing it over the past few months. I took the picture below from the condo we were in that was on the golf course. All the irrigation had already been pulled. Hard to believe that they closed it on Halloween and it went south this quickly.

1605018714086.png

I probably should know this but does anyone know why Davis Park is liquidating all their inventory? Then having the whole double email of it making it sound like they are closing? @Tenputt I feel like you are pretty tuned in with golf in our area, any ideas? I can't imagine them closing down based on how difficult it was to get tee times this year with them being so busy.

I probably should know this but does anyone know why Davis Park is liquidating all their inventory? Then having the whole double email of it making it sound like they are closing? @Tenputt I feel like you are pretty tuned in with golf in our area, any ideas? I can't imagine them closing down based on how difficult it was to get tee times this year with them being so busy.
The head professional at Davis Park, Brad Stone, is retiring. Most of the courses allow the head pro to run the retail business and the golf carts as his own private enterprise. So, since he is retiring, all of the golf carts were put up for sale and he is liquidating all of the inventory. The first email “going out of business,” was accurate, because Brad Stone is going out of business. However, the golf course is not going anywhere and the new pro will run a new business within the golf course facilities. Since the first email clearly was confusing people, they sent out a second email.

I just wish the course were open today, with temperatures in the mid-50’s. Wow, what a nice day! Still too much snow on the greens...

Looking at getting a punch pass to Golf the Round's range. Anyone picked one up? It is pretty cheap but I'm not sure how it will go if we ever get snow.

Played Copper Rock on Saturday and I was really impressed. Unfortunately the weather was windy and had some rain for about six holes but the course itself was great. The greens need some time to mature I think as it felt like you were putting on cement as the greens were pretty dried out and hard. Also, still some construction going on. They currently only have a "temporary" clubhouse, though it is extremely nice and could be a actual clubhouse, where it is situated I imagine it could be a snackbar once the actual clubhouse is finished. The fairways and tee boxes were immaculate! My brother in law and I had a problem with the range as the way the range teebox was situated, the actual range was at an angle. so if you were hitting straight you would go out of the range on the left side.

How it compares to Sand Hollow, in difficulty it is up there with Sand Hollow, it isn't an easy course and due to its location, you are going to have wind there quite often. When it comes down to signature holes and views, it can't really touch Sand Hollow or The Ledges due to it being on a relatively flat area. You hit over a small canyon, think smaller than the canyon at Palisades on hole 4(?). That isn't to say the course doesn't have some really nice views. There is a par 3 that you are hitting from an elevated teebox (see picture below) where you can see a good chunk of holes and it is really pretty, along with the red rock that you see throughout the course, it is a beautiful course, but like I said, if you are looking for those beautiful canyons you won't find it here. I think once it is 100% complete it is going to be a beautiful and extremely fun course that I would definitely visit again.

View attachment 8973578
View attachment 8973579View attachment 8973580View attachment 8973581
@maxw72 I finally got to play Copper Rock last weekend. It was a little more dormant than in your pics, but it's a fun little track. However, when I played last Sat, there were sustained winds of 20-25 mph. Needless to say some of those holes are really tricky in those winds. Hole 5 on the front(I think) is a par 5 going north. That was directly into the wind. 512 yds and I hit Driver, 3 wood, 7 iron to get to that green. Crazy but kind of fun in a weird way. I'll definitely go back.

I really think that we should put together some sort of a Utah THPer outing this year. If you all are interested, indicate in responses.

I really think that we should put together some sort of a Utah THPer outing this year. If you all are interested, indicate in responses.
I'd sure do my best to be able to go/meet somewhere.

Just saw this. I’m definitely interested.

You may be able to pull some of us AZ THP group up there too

Something St. George could happen this spring. I could also be talked into Wolf Creek I would like to try it some day.

Something St. George could happen this spring. I could also be talked into Wolf Creek I would like to try it some day.
Wolf Creek is the Sybil of golf courses.

Back