Have fun guys! My handicap is high enough that playing with me for 18 holes would be miserable! Catch ya'll for another round.

Don't worry about handicap. I'm just happy to be out playing golf.

17f8ec553889c22f460866db182743d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great morning and fun round with Ryan (GolfFest) today! This might be the first time THPers have played together in Utah...at least that I know of

Great time this morning. A little cold and wet when we started but turned out really nice once the sun came up. Course was fun, driver was hot, short game was not. Definitely want to get out and play again.

Great time this morning. A little cold and wet when we started but turned out really nice once the sun came up. Course was fun, driver was hot, short game was not. Definitely want to get out and play again.
The greens were in incredible shape. Quick but not punishing and receptive to all shots. You really couldn't plan on roll out

What a great morning and fun round with Ryan (GolfFest) today! This might be the first time THPers have played together in Utah...at least that I know of
About time!

Not true, I played with a couple THPers a few times when I lived out there... but those guys are no longer active and I don't live there anymore so I can excuse you not counting it hahaha.

Glad you guys got out!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Not true, I played with a couple THPers a few times when I lived out there... but those guys are no longer active and I don't live there anymore so I can excuse you not counting it hahaha.

Glad you guys got out!

That's right! I forgot you guys did.

That's right! I forgot you guys did.

We were very forgettable at the time hahaha...and so were most of the courses we were playing. I did really enjoy Mountain Dell though, you guys made a good choice playing up there.

We were very forgettable at the time hahaha...and so were most of the courses we were playing. I did really enjoy Mountain Dell though, you guys made a good choice playing up there.
IMO, Utah has really really good courses or complete crap that needs to be sold off for housing. Sadly, more and more are becoming the complete crap category. It's sad to see how little these pros and superintendents care about the shape of the course.

A couple years ago I played Mountain Dell and it was a joke. It was in such poor shape. Yesterday was a 180° from that. With the UGA discount book, it was $36 to play! Well worth it. Their standard rate ($54) is a total joke though and they'll kill play of they don't wise up.

IMO, Utah has really really good courses or complete crap that needs to be sold off for housing. Sadly, more and more are becoming the complete crap category. It's sad to see how little these pros and superintendents care about the shape of the course.

A couple years ago I played Mountain Dell and it was a joke. It was in such poor shape. Yesterday was a 180° from that. With the UGA discount book, it was $36 to play! Well worth it. Their standard rate ($54) is a total joke though and they'll kill play of they don't wise up.

That's a shame. There are some nice layouts around. I do recall conditioning being an issue sometimes even on the courses I liked though, especially in the late summer and fall...can you say concrete? Lol

I saw somebody mention Hobble Creek earlier. That's an awesome track, I hope you guys make it there. Valley View up in Layton was a favorite for me as well. And of course St George has some real gems.

That's a shame. There are some nice layouts around. I do recall conditioning being an issue sometimes even on the courses I liked though, especially in the late summer and fall...can you say concrete? Lol

I saw somebody mention Hobble Creek earlier. That's an awesome track, I hope you guys make it there. Valley View up in Layton was a favorite for me as well. And of course St George has some real gems.
Hobble Creek, Valley View, Bountiful Ridge, Wasatch, and Soldier Hollow are usually a guarantee to be in good shape. I've played most of those already this year and they were all good.

Then you have Eaglewood, Bonneville, Davis and maybe a couple others that are usually in good shape but every so often they let go.

Then you have places like Glendale, Meadowbrook, South Mountain, Thanksgiving Point and a slew of others that are just junk. Last year Thanksgiving Point was so dead it was unreal. Crunchy, dried out grass all over the course. The web.com tour picked the wrong course in Utah to host their event.

Here is the BYU camp in the new practice area. I didn't know it was open yet but am excited to work on short game here

be8ae1ee4280d81d3d52a4756a2a3877.jpg

And for J4U a tour of the 9th hole.

Yardage sign

6bcd1e93fe06977f9123049f87a0fe9a.jpg

Tee box

df3b73e0df6faa456a0e0efc230d2419.jpg

And approach

ae9a36ef2b38920032d2c4de714e585a.jpg

Here is the BYU camp in the new practice area. I didn't know it was open yet but am excited to work on short game here

be8ae1ee4280d81d3d52a4756a2a3877.jpg

*squinting eyes* Looking for my son over there... He's at the BYU camp for his first time this year and, as far as he says, is having a great time.

Hobble Creek, Valley View, Bountiful Ridge, Wasatch, and Soldier Hollow are usually a guarantee to be in good shape. I've played most of those already this year and they were all good.

Then you have Eaglewood, Bonneville, Davis and maybe a couple others that are usually in good shape but every so often they let go.

Then you have places like Glendale, Meadowbrook, South Mountain, Thanksgiving Point and a slew of others that are just junk. Last year Thanksgiving Point was so dead it was unreal. Crunchy, dried out grass all over the course. The web.com tour picked the wrong course in Utah to host their event.

What is Old Mill like these days?

I haven't played it yet this year. My dad says it was in decent condition. Greens are in their normal shape: ball marks all over, not rolled and kind of slow

I seem to recall that track has 16 good holes and 2 really stupid ones at the end that seem like they were shoehorned in when the architect realized he was out of room haha

I seem to recall that track has 16 good holes and 2 really stupid ones at the end that seem like they were shoehorned in when the architect realized he was out of room haha

Yep. 9 is stupid. 16 is stupid. 17 and 18 don't match the rest of the course in any way. It really is like you say. The designer was so proud of his work and submitted it. Some proof reader looked at it and said, "Where are the other 4 holes?"*

* Pretty sure this isn't how it all works but I like to imagine it like that

Might be in the area to see my folks July 5th - 9th. I know I am gonna play Birch Creek but probably want to play 2 more rounds.

Might be in the area to see my folks July 5th - 9th. I know I am gonna play Birch Creek but probably want to play 2 more rounds.

I'm interested. Though Birch Creek is more than 2 hours away for me. Where else are you thinking of playing?

I'm interested. Though Birch Creek is more than 2 hours away for me. Where else are you thinking of playing?

I am going to get with rtparty to figure something out. I just love Birch Creek even if solo and its only a half hour from my parents in Tremonton.

I might be able to sneak Birch Creek on Saturday. I'll talk to the wife

I think Bountiful Ridge works for me also and I'll just sneak away solo to play Skyway or Eagle Mountain since it's close to my folks.

Back