Playing Meadow Brooks at 11:30 tomorrow. Walking only which is perfect for me because I always walk. I hate getting paired up with guys in carts. Been playing everyday, mostly ForeLakes and Murray.

I played 18 today at Davis Park. The course is in excellent shape, given the time of year. Had a great time and stayed 6 feet or more from the father and two sons who went out with me. I don’t see how that risks hurting anybody. If our courses are closed at some point, I will honor the rules, but I am glad we are allowed to walk a course and get some fresh air.

Another round at Davis Park today. The last two days, I have shot 72 and 75. The course is in darn good condition.

Unfortunately we had to put my dog down on Friday night. My wife mentioned she just wants out of the house so we are going to make the drive down to St. George on Friday for a long weekend with our son and our other dog. I know the city courses are closed but I was going to try and maybe get a round in while down there to clear my head. Any suggestions on a course that is open and would allow me to play as a single (not looking to be paired with anyone)? I know the city owned courses are all closed down and I'm afraid Sand Hollow may be only open to locals. My sister who lives in St. George said that they are checking ID's to verify you are local. If no golf can be played, it is fine, we are just trying to get out of a house that everything in it reminds us of our pup.

Unfortunately we had to put my dog down on Friday night. My wife mentioned she just wants out of the house so we are going to make the drive down to St. George on Friday for a long weekend with our son and our other dog. I know the city courses are closed but I was going to try and maybe get a round in while down there to clear my head. Any suggestions on a course that is open and would allow me to play as a single (not looking to be paired with anyone)? I know the city owned courses are all closed down and I'm afraid Sand Hollow may be only open to locals. My sister who lives in St. George said that they are checking ID's to verify you are local. If no golf can be played, it is fine, we are just trying to get out of a house that everything in it reminds us of our pup.

I would call Sand Hollow to see. I played as a single the weekend after the Governor issued his directive and they did not indicate it was only open to locals (although it is a state park and the Governor said state parks would remain open to those living in the county where the state park is located. Other possibilities might include The Ledges and Coral Canyon, both of which are privately owned.

Another you could try is to see if you can get on the new one called Copper Rock. That's not city owned. 435-216-1179

BTW, sorry to hear about your dog. Those things are hard.

Sorry to hear that.

If there are no options in SG, drive down to Mesquite.

Thanks for all the options and ideas. I probably should have better clarified that I'm not set on playing Sand Hollow, it was just my example and I probably would want to try elsewhere due to the fact that I played SH in February. Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks for all the options and ideas. I probably should have better clarified that I'm not set on playing Sand Hollow, it was just my example and I probably would want to try elsewhere due to the fact that I played SH in February. Thanks for the suggestions!
You're welcome and so sorry about the dog. I think it's going to be hard when I'm in that situation in a few years.

You're welcome and so sorry about the dog. I think it's going to be hard when I'm in that situation in a few years.
Make every day with them worth it. My dog was only 7 years old and I thought I had at least another 5 years. Got sick February 13th and we put him down on April 3rd. It really blindsided us because it just came out of nowhere.

Make every day with them worth it. My dog was only 7 years old and I thought I had at least another 5 years. Got sick February 13th and we put him down on April 3rd. It really blindsided us because it just came out of nowhere.
That's so sad. I'm sorry. My dog is already about 10 yrs old. Thinking we have a few more years. Hoping really.

Another you could try is to see if you can get on the new one called Copper Rock. That's not city owned. 435-216-1179
Got in contact with Copper Rock via email, they are currently closed but are targeting an April 16th re-open which is being evaluated on a day-by-day basis.

Got in contact with Copper Rock via email, they are currently closed but are targeting an April 16th re-open which is being evaluated on a day-by-day basis.
Good to know. Thanks for giving us the update, sure appreciate it.

I wonder what kind of shape this course is in. Isn’t it fairly newly opened?

I wonder what kind of shape this course is in. Isn’t it fairly newly opened?
It is a newer course. But I know a few that have been already and say it's a pretty good course.

So I got the okay from the wife to play a course on our trip down to St George this weekend. Looking at pricing due to financial situations, And recently played, I’m passing on Sand Hollow. Courses I’m considering at the moment is The Ledges and Coral Canyon as both seem to be open as I can book tee times online. Sort of leaning towards the Ledges at the moment. Thoughts on other courses that could be better than The Ledges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I got the okay from the wife to play a course on our trip down to St George this weekend. Looking at pricing due to financial situations, And recently played, I’m passing on Sand Hollow. Courses I’m considering at the moment is The Ledges and Coral Canyon as both seem to be open as I can book tee times online. Sort of leaning towards the Ledges at the moment. Thoughts on other courses that could be better than The Ledges?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the Ledges, Sand Hollow and Coral are about the best ones that aren't city owned and thus closed courses. Sky Mountain in Hurricane is a nice little track as well. Other than that, you would have to go to mesquite.

I think the Ledges, Sand Hollow and Coral are about the best ones that aren't city owned and thus closed courses. Sky Mountain in Hurricane is a nice little track as well. Other than that, you would have to go to mesquite.
The Ledges it is then!

The Ledges it is then!

Although it has been a year and a half, the Ledges was in better shape than Coral Canyon when I last played both. I think Coral Canyon might be a better track if the conditioning is equal at both. I don’t think you’ll go wrong trying the Ledges. It’s a fun course.

Although it has been a year and a half, the Ledges was in better shape than Coral Canyon when I last played both. I think Coral Canyon might be a better track if the conditioning is equal at both. I don’t think you’ll go wrong trying the Ledges. It’s a fun course.

Especially the back. The front can be a little forgettable, but the back has some great holes.

That is what I have read on the reviews. Front is a bit forgettable, back makes it worth it.
I agree with that assessment. I've played it a few times. Back is by far the better 9

I thoroughly enjoyed playing The Ledges last year. Sand Hollow, The Ledges, and Coral Canyon were my three favorites (likely in that order). The fees at Sand Hollow also drop substantially if you play in the afternoon. In fact, if you stay through Sunday, you can tee off at 3:00 for $67.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing The Ledges last year. Sand Hollow, The Ledges, and Coral Canyon were my three favorites (likely in that order). The fees at Sand Hollow also drop substantially if you play in the afternoon. In fact, if you stay through Sunday, you can tee off at 3:00 for $67.
Don't have to wait until 3 on a Sunday for a good deal. Right now they have this going on....
1586376613448.png

Back