Hmmm that is tempting, considering I'm paying $70 for a 2:30 tee time at the Ledges.
Do them both on your trip if you get a chance. Ledges one day, Sand Hollow the other. :p

Some buddies and I played Sun Hills on Saturday. I hadn’t played the course for a couple years and have only played it a few times total. It was not in great condition, but it’s actually a pretty fun track.

Played the Ledges on Sunday and man what a track! The whole drive down to St. George this weekend I was considering cancelling my tee time and playing Sand Hollow instead due to the similar price and the fact that it is Sand Hollow, but I'm so happy I didn't. The course was in phenomenal condition and with it being Easter Sunday the course was fairly empty. It is 100% true, the front nine is just "eh" but when you hit the back nine you are absolutely blown away! Every hole I felt like I needed to grab my camera and take another picture of the hole. It was a bit windy so I definitely lost quite a few balls out there but what a great course. I spoke with the guy in the pro shop at the end of my round about the course and he agreed that the front nine was so-so but you pay for the back nine and it is worth it. IMG_3294.JPEGIMG_3297.JPEGIMG_3299.JPEGIMG_3303.JPEGIMG_3288.JPEG

I just received an email communicating that the City of St. George courses are re-opening on the 17th.

I just received an email communicating that the City of St. George courses are re-opening on the 17th.
This is excellent news! Too bad my tournament next week down there was canceled.

Going to be playing Eaglewood tomorrow, and (hopefully) Bountiful Ridge on Saturday. Those are both some great tracks!

I saw that as well BUT....it did have in smaller print for Washington County residents only.

This is excellent news! Too bad my tournament next week down there was canceled.

Going to be playing Eaglewood tomorrow, and (hopefully) Bountiful Ridge on Saturday. Those are both some great tracks!

Played bountiful ridge a few weeks back and it is as usual immaculate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since rona hit here are the courses I have played in SLC:

Glendale
Rose Park
Four Lakes (a lot)
Murray
Bonneville
Glenmoor
Mick
Fox Hollow
Meadow Brook

What's you all list ?

Since rona hit here are the courses I have played in SLC:

Glendale
Rose Park
Four Lakes (a lot)
Murray
Bonneville
Glenmoor
Mick
Fox Hollow
Meadow Brook

What's you all list ?

I have played:

Davis Park
Bountiful Ridge
Eaglewood
Valley View
Sun Hills
Glen Eagle
Bonneville

I actually played Bonneville this weekend for the first time in more than 12 years. I'd forgotten what a fun course it is. The greens kind of got me today. I had 36 putts.

Eaglewood on Friday was in amazing condition, but walking the back nine was absolutely horrible for me. lol.

Bountiful Ridge ate my lunch on Saturday; I went +16 (51) on the front, but +8 on the back (44).

Looking forward to getting out again this week. I still took work off, as this was the week that I was supposed to play my tournament. Might try to get out to Sun Hills, but almost definitely in Davis County. Unless I'm playing a flat course, I'm much less apt to walk.

This season I've played:

Murray Parkway
Mick Riley
Glendale
Bonneville
Eaglewood
Bountiful Ridge (2x)
Lakeside
Davis Park (3x)
Valley View

For me I've played:
Coral Canyon
Ledges
Sand Hollow
Cove View
Sunset View
Palisades

For me I've played:
Coral Canyon
Ledges
Sand Hollow
Cove View
Sunset View
Palisades

I obviously forgot to add Sand Hollow. Ha ha. I was just thinking local courses.

Played the Ledges on Sunday and man what a track! The whole drive down to St. George this weekend I was considering cancelling my tee time and playing Sand Hollow instead due to the similar price and the fact that it is Sand Hollow, but I'm so happy I didn't. The course was in phenomenal condition and with it being Easter Sunday the course was fairly empty. It is 100% true, the front nine is just "eh" but when you hit the back nine you are absolutely blown away! Every hole I felt like I needed to grab my camera and take another picture of the hole. It was a bit windy so I definitely lost quite a few balls out there but what a great course. I spoke with the guy in the pro shop at the end of my round about the course and he agreed that the front nine was so-so but you pay for the back nine and it is worth it. View attachment 8937272View attachment 8937274View attachment 8937275View attachment 8937276View attachment 8937277

the ledges is a great track. I really enjoyed the time I played it.

I know it's been said a lot, but...especially the back 9. Lost a few balls going for shots back there:oops:
Haha hole 15 was definitely one that I tried to drive the green on. 220 for the layup, with a bit of an awkward chip from there. Death to the left and with a bit of a side wind I still pulled my Epic Flash driver.
60842646017__D4F6EC5B-CB9E-4D68-A98D-4B9847C77FC8.JPG
Happy to report I came up about as close as I could to the second cart path just short of the bunker, chipped and putt for birdie. Felt so good! Especially since I had some time and I hit a second ball just for fun and I crushed it so far left that there was no chance in looking for it. Two red dots short of the sand trap is where my ball landed, flag was on the left side of the green.
IMG_3304.JPEGIMG_3305.JPEG

I have played:

Davis Park
Bountiful Ridge
Eaglewood
Valley View
Sun Hills
Glen Eagle
Bonneville

I actually played Bonneville this weekend for the first time in more than 12 years. I'd forgotten what a fun course it is. The greens kind of got me today. I had 36 putts.

What about Riverside Country Club? Wsasnt that during corona?

What about Riverside Country Club? Wsasnt that during corona?

Dang, I am suffering from dementia. We need to go check out your new bag of clubs.

Eaglewood on Friday was in amazing condition, but walking the back nine was absolutely horrible for me. lol.

Bountiful Ridge ate my lunch on Saturday; I went +16 (51) on the front, but +8 on the back (44).

Looking forward to getting out again this week. I still took work off, as this was the week that I was supposed to play my tournament. Might try to get out to Sun Hills, but almost definitely in Davis County. Unless I'm playing a flat course, I'm much less apt to walk.

This season I've played:

Murray Parkway
Mick Riley
Glendale
Bonneville
Eaglewood
Bountiful Ridge (2x)
Lakeside
Davis Park (3x)
Valley View
Sorry I missed this list of where everyone has played. I'm going to be honest with you though....I would maybe play a different track. I played Sun Hills 2 years ago and I will never go back there again. Seeing how Tenputt has played it more recent he may have a different idea, but for me Sun Hills is in a HORRENDOUS piece of land and is typically in not great condition. I'm not one to trash courses, especially local courses as I'm happier with the most golf courses possible, but Sun Hills is one that can be missed.

Courses I've played this season
Davis Park
Bountiful Ridge
Lakeside
Sand Hollow
The Ledges
Bountiful Ridge

Hoping to get out a bit more once my wife's job picks back up and things start to "normalize". I keep looking for deals on Push Carts on KSL but just keep missing them. I imagine once people are feeling more comfortable with COVID that they will go back to riding and my hope is that people throw all their Pandemic purchased Clicgears on KSL.

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Hobble Creek. From the photos on Google it looks like it has a great location and really beautiful. I think it is going to be one of those courses that I'd like to take the day off of work and go play. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Hobble Creek. From the photos on Google it looks like it has a great location and really beautiful. I think it is going to be one of those courses that I'd like to take the day off of work and go play. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hobble Creek is awesome! Its been up there a while, but its a super fun layout and playing in a canyon is always fun. I can't tell you whether you should be taking off a day of work to play there, but I really enjoy it.

I've always enjoyed Hobble. Nice mountain course, and often cooler than the valley floor so dress in layers ;) Also...most fairways are lined with trees and scrub oak so hit 'em straight!

Hobble Creek is awesome! Its been up there a while, but its a super fun layout and playing in a canyon is always fun. I can't tell you whether you should be taking off a day of work to play there, but I really enjoy it.
May have to take a Saturday to play then.
I've always enjoyed Hobble. Nice mountain course, and often cooler than the valley floor so dress in layers ;) Also...most fairways are lined with trees and scrub oak so hit 'em straight!
Probably should wait until the end of the season to where I have my swing dialed in....Definitely losing balls if I go now.

Hobble Creek is in my Utah Top 10 courses.

Back