In the case that anyone is looking, on Clicgearusa.com they have the 3.5+ push carts back in stock.

Utah top ten (in no particular order) :

Sand Hollow
Soldier Hollow (Gold)
Eaglewood
South Mountain
Round Valley
Hobble Creek
Gladstan
Over Lake
Talons Cove
Toana Vista
Honorable mention: Logan River, Green Springs, Roosevelt, River Bend and Carbon County.

Don't have many St. George courses because I live in SLC.

Utah top ten (in no particular order) :

Sand Hollow
Soldier Hollow (Gold)
Eaglewood
South Mountain
Round Valley
Hobble Creek
Gladstan
Over Lake
Talons Cove
Toana Vista
Honorable mention: Logan River, Green Springs, Roosevelt, River Bend and Carbon County.

Don't have many St. George courses because I live in SLC.

Those are your top ten that you have played?

I am sure I will leave one out, but here are my top twenty that I have played in Utah, in no particular order:

Riverside Country Club (Provo)
Willow Creek Country Club
The Country Club (Salt Lake)
Oakridge Country Club
Hidden Valley Country Club
Jeremy Ranch Country Club
Hobble Creek
Bountiful Ridge
Hidden Valley
Park City Municipal
Sand Hollow
The Ledges
Coral Canyon (when maintained)
Thanksgiving Point
Wolf Creek
Wasatch
Sunbrook
Mountain Dell Canyon
Ogden Golf and Country Club
Glen Eagle

And, it is a crying shame that we lost Wingpointe. It was in my top 5. There are many others I truly enjoy playing, including River Oaks, Bonneville, Mountain Dell Lake, Davis Park, River Bend, Eaglewood and others that I am sure I am forgetting.

I am sure I will leave one out, but here are my top twenty that I have played in Utah, in no particular order:

Riverside Country Club (Provo)
Willow Creek Country Club
The Country Club (Salt Lake)
Oakridge Country Club
Hidden Valley Country Club
Jeremy Ranch Country Club
Hobble Creek
Bountiful Ridge
Hidden Valley
Park City Municipal
Sand Hollow
The Ledges
Coral Canyon (when maintained)
Thanksgiving Point
Wolf Creek
Wasatch
Sunbrook
Mountain Dell Canyon
Ogden Golf and Country Club
Glen Eagle

And, it is a crying shame that we lost Wingpointe. It was in my top 5. There are many others I truly enjoy playing, including River Oaks, Bonneville, Mountain Dell Lake, Davis Park, River Bend, Eaglewood and others that I am sure I am forgetting.

Love to get on some of them country clubs as I am sure I would love them.

We have two in common: Hobble Creek and Sand Hollow. I am assuming you mean Wolf Creek in Eden. Only played Park City Muni once (hit a hole in one there in 2014) and Wasatch once, so couldn't really rate them. I don't care for T Point. Maybe because I struggle there every time. Glen Eagle is a hidden gem for sure. Ever play Round Valley in Morgan ?

Love to get on some of them country clubs as I am sure I would love them.

We have two in common: Hobble Creek and Sand Hollow. I am assuming you mean Wolf Creek in Eden. Only played Park City Muni once (hit a hole in one there in 2014) and Wasatch once, so couldn't really rate them. I don't care for T Point. Maybe because I struggle there every time. Glen Eagle is a hidden gem for sure. Ever play Round Valley in Morgan ?

Yes, I mean Wolf Creek in Eden. I have played Round Valley many times. I would rate it below some of the other local courses, but it’s still a fun track. Congrats on the HOI. Time for another one!

Sorry I missed this list of where everyone has played. I'm going to be honest with you though....I would maybe play a different track. I played Sun Hills 2 years ago and I will never go back there again. Seeing how Tenputt has played it more recent he may have a different idea, but for me Sun Hills is in a HORRENDOUS piece of land and is typically in not great condition. I'm not one to trash courses, especially local courses as I'm happier with the most golf courses possible, but Sun Hills is one that can be missed.

Courses I've played this season
Davis Park
Bountiful Ridge
Lakeside
Sand Hollow
The Ledges
Bountiful Ridge

Hoping to get out a bit more once my wife's job picks back up and things start to "normalize". I keep looking for deals on Push Carts on KSL but just keep missing them. I imagine once people are feeling more comfortable with COVID that they will go back to riding and my hope is that people throw all their Pandemic purchased Clicgears on KSL.
I actually played Sun Hills on Friday. Course wasn't nearly as bad as I've seen courses this year. It's definitely better than Rose Park (which isn't saying much).

I also played Bountiful Ridge on Saturday and Mt. Ogden on Sunday, both of which ate my lunch. I shot 102 on both; the greens were rolling really fast, but true. The back nine of B-Ridge ate a ton of my balls, and I had to play conservatively at Mt. Ogden, as I'd never played it before, and the rough is an abyss.

Am I the only person who would put Glenwild as #1? I don't see it on the list...

Sorry I missed this list of where everyone has played. I'm going to be honest with you though....I would maybe play a different track. I played Sun Hills 2 years ago and I will never go back there again. Seeing how Tenputt has played it more recent he may have a different idea, but for me Sun Hills is in a HORRENDOUS piece of land and is typically in not great condition. I'm not one to trash courses, especially local courses as I'm happier with the most golf courses possible, but Sun Hills is one that can be missed.

Courses I've played this season
Davis Park
Bountiful Ridge
Lakeside
Sand Hollow
The Ledges
Bountiful Ridge

Hoping to get out a bit more once my wife's job picks back up and things start to "normalize". I keep looking for deals on Push Carts on KSL but just keep missing them. I imagine once people are feeling more comfortable with COVID that they will go back to riding and my hope is that people throw all their Pandemic purchased Clicgears on KSL.

I think it was a list of favorites, not just where we have played.
Am I the only person who would put Glenwild as #1? I don't see it on the list...

They were rankings of courses we have played, at least for me. I would love to play Glenwild, but have not had the opportunity.

@Tenputt What were your thoughts on Oakridge?

I love Oakridge. It’s a traditional, tree-lined layout. It is very walkable. It is 8 minutes from home. If we didn’t have so many great public courses within twenty minutes of my home, I would have joined for sure.

I love Oakridge. It’s a traditional, tree-lined layout. It is very walkable. It is 8 minutes from home. If we didn’t have so many great public courses within twenty minutes of my home, I would have joined for sure.
My house is on the 11th fairway of Oakridge. After long days at work the idea of jumping the fence with my clubs always crosses my mind. I've got a family member who was a member but I was never able to take advantage of the golf while she was married to her now ex. It is pretty empty during the week but is always busy while I'm mowing my yard and doing yard work on the weekend :cautious:

I think it's private, but maybe they let visitors on once in a while.
You are correct, it's very private, and actually relatively difficult to find. I was fortunate enough to get to play a round once on my birthday two years ago, when my parents won a day pass for me at a silent auction a few years ago. The course was in immaculate condition, and the fairways were honestly in better condition that my carpet in my home. But, when you have owner/members like Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan, I guess it comes with the territory.

I've also been fortunate enough to get to play a couple of other private courses in Park City, as I work up here, and a number of my clients have memberships. I'd still love to try to play Red Ledges and Promontory (either the Jack Nicklaus or Pete Dye course would be fine by me ;)).

As far as the best courses, that would definitely be number one for me.
1) Glenwild
2) Jeremy Ranch
3) Tuhaye
4) Park Meadows
5) Sand Hollow
6) Hidden Valley
7) The Ledges
8) Coral Springs
9) Wasatch Mountain State Park (Mountain Course)
10) Sunbrook
11) Valley View
12) Bountiful Ridge
13) Mountain Dell (Canyon Course)
14) Wasatch Mountain State Park (Lake Course)
15) Old Mill
16) Eaglewood
17) Mountain Dell (Lake Course)
18) Soldier Hollow (Gold Course)
19) Bonneville
20) Riverbend

I'd love the opportunity to play Oakridge, as well. And, I completely agree with you; I see no real incentive to become a member at a club, simply because then I'd feel obligated to play it on a very frequent basis. There are a ton of amazing courses in northern Utah, and I'd feel remiss not to try to experience them all.

Let's get a round of golf put together and start playing. Who is up for Saturday May 16th ?

I'll throw out some courses for consideration:

Murray Parkway
Meadow Brooks
River Bend
Glendale

Whoever books the tee time has to pay for it in advance (Murray Parkway the exception).

Who's game ?

Let's get a round of golf put together and start playing. Who is up for Saturday May 16th ?

Murray Parkway
Meadow Brooks
River Bend
Glendale

Whoever books the tee time has to pay for it in advance (Murray Parkway the exception).

Who's game ?

I am in and would play any of those except Meadow Brook, which is not my favorite. Murray Parkway was my home course 20 years ago. I like River Bend. I play Glendale quite a bit when I am spraying the ball. River Oaks is in the vicinity as some of the others you have listed. That one’s pretty fun, too.

Murray Parkway
Meadow Brooks
River Bend
Glendale

Who's game ?
I'm sorry, but I'm out. I appreciate the offer though. Happily, I will be playing in a tournament that day;)

Murray Parkway
Meadow Brooks
River Bend
Glendale

Who's game ?
I would love to play as well, unfortunately that being hopefully my first Saturday as a Master's graduate and not having school, I think I'm employed to help my father in law with his deck. Maybe as we get closer I should have a better idea. If I'm free, I'm totally up for a round!

Okay we got two, me and Tenputt and a maybe with maxw. I'll keep it open to see who else might want to play

I know it is a reach, but any chance that anyone has a Davis Logo ball I could purchase off of them? I don't want to take one from anyone's personal collection, just if you have one lying around. I'd be willing to pick it up and workout a deal for one. Earlier this year I asked the pro shop and I was told they aren't doing them. Don't know if that is just this year or for the long term. It's been my home course my whole life and is one of the balls I don't have for my collection. IMG_3486.JPEG

I know it is a reach, but any chance that anyone has a Davis Logo ball I could purchase off of them? I don't want to take one from anyone's personal collection, just if you have one lying around. I'd be willing to pick it up and workout a deal for one. Earlier this year I asked the pro shop and I was told they aren't doing them. Don't know if that is just this year or for the long term. It's been my home course my whole life and is one of the balls I don't have for my collection. View attachment 8941603

I honestly don’t remember ever seeing any Davis logo balls. If I had one, I would be happy to donate it to your collection.

Back