Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a Taylor made gapr. A buddy swears by his Titleist u510. New cobra offering coming soon. I’m considering changing out the gapr. Who has experience with these or others.

I use a Srixon U85. Love that thing most days. :D

I'm old school I guess. I don't have a utility club.

I actually just made a switch to a GAPR after finding a price I couldn't pass up and am loving it so far. I had an older Apex UT that was awesome but didn't gap properly otherwise I don't have any experience.

I love my TEE CBX iron woods, very easy to generate ball speed and very straight

188E98BD-C25A-4E45-9631-509C13AD639F.jpeg

I just swapped out my U85 for an M6 hybrid looking for some more forgiveness. Seems good so far but I need some time on the course with it.

Need more info and thoughts. It matches my forge tecs much better.

Peak back a few pages in the Tec thread, I threw some data up in there a while back (y)

It’s fun.

You might wanna take the plastic off of that, big cat.
You might want read the forum more big dawg ;)

Feedback in the Tec thread, it’s also what I used for the recent Xcaliber iron shaft review. :p

I have a ping crossover that’s hit or miss. Feels great when you actually hit one but it’s not consistent

You might want read the forum more big dawg ;)

Feedback in the Tec thread, it’s also what I used for the recent Xcaliber iron shaft review. :p
👍 just joshin, didn't figure you'd break out the food saver for the forged tec

I was fitted for an X forged UT 21 degree at the grandaddy a few months ago and love it.

I tried a used Gapr 3 mid. Not sure if it was the shaft or what but I couldn’t hit it at all. That Forged Tec looks sweet. I hit my irons so low though that I think all I really need is a hollow body 4 iron for a driving iron. 🤣

I have a ping crossover that’s hit or miss. Feels great when you actually hit one but it’s not consistent

I agree and believe that very few players strike consistently good shots with a utility club/driving iron. This is why these type clubs are not as popular as hybrids or fairway woods.

I was hoping to try a few utility clubs this summer to swap out my hybrid. See if leisure travel is permitted any time this season...

I have used the Srixon U85 and got along with it well, just found that I couldn't get the distance I was looking for.

Too many to choose from, worst candy store ever this game....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im deciding between the u510 and the u85 .... anyone care to steer me to either one ??

I use a Srixon U85. Love that thing most days. :D
I also have a U85 that I carry, 2I and a Hogan 4i Utility. Both are great and have their place. To me the Hogan is exceptionally easy to play.

that king utility looks to me like a driving iron...

Back