v1 ipod/iphone and android app

AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
if you arent familiar with v1 golf, its a video system that allows you to record your swing and draw lines on it as well as compare your swing to many pros through side-by-side and overlay formats. this system used to be ideal for club fitters, big name companies endorsing tour players, teaching pros, and college coaches. that is now changed. for $9.99, you can download a condensed and updatable version of v1 golf for your smartphone or ipod. so far it looks pretty cool, and includes tips and practice ideas from a few prominent teachers as well as the video technology.

i cant give an in depth review, but that should come tomorrow after my round.

sweet! may look into that myself.

I have used many of the golf swing apps for the iPhone and have found the V1 app to be one of the best. The only other one that is in the same league is the SwingPlane app. I like them for different reasons. The V1 app is by far the most complete. It has more videos, a good interface, and other functions that make it a really good app. If you are looking for the complete experience, than this is the app for you. The Swingplane app has an overall easier to use interface. Not that the V1 is difficult by any means, the Swingplane is just super easy. It has many of the same features as the V1 app (swing analyzing, drawing lines and other shapes on the video, compare your swing to pros swing), it just doesn't have the depth that the V1 system does. So if it is depth and completeness you desire, than V1 is your app. If, however, you want simplicity with functionality (slightly more limited functional), than check out Swingplane. That is just my opinion having checked out a few different apps.

i don't have experience with SwingPlane but V1 is ridiculously easy. i use it on my iphone to record my students and for quick references during the lesson....then upload to the computer later.

can't wait for the iPad with a camera....that will be insane. i still can't get over the clarity of the camera from the iphone. i wish it took more frames per second...but i'm not complaining.

Golf Swingplane HD for iPad has just been released...fantastic bit of kit.

I think I'm going to give in and buy this app for my android. It is on sale for only $2.99, and this year has been the most inconsistent year I have ever had with my irons. I also do not have money to go see an instructor at the moment, so for $3 I might as well give it a try.

I use V1 too, it's the bomb for the reasons aforementioned.

Everybody still digging this app? I'm this close to pulling the trigger on it. Downloaded Hank Haney's app, too but haven't done anything with it.

i have this app for my ipad...much easier than on the iphone...(easier to see due to the larger screen) definitely cool to see side-by-sides with a pro (i'm most like ernie els apparently to my instructor). good app.

Just downloaded this to my iPad after my 1st lesson. The pro emailed me the little vids so I could watch.

I really like it! Now I have to figure out how to mount my iPad on a tripod so I can shoot my own vids going forward so I can see my progression (if any).

Back