Vacation refund problems

We booked a rental house for summer vacation through a rental agency and they had a few refund options. Full credit for next year or cash refund of 80%. Good luck getting back your money.

My trip to Bandon was an easy refund. Even American airlines came through with a refund in quick order.
When was your trip planned?

Sorry @milehighgolfer, I’m in Florida. Don’t know if I can be much help from down here, but sure will try to help any way I can. I would wonder what your contract says. You can also make a report to the attorney general’s office in your state.

We booked a rental house for summer vacation through a rental agency and they had a few refund options. Full credit for next year or cash refund of 80%. Good luck getting back your money.
Honestly I'd probably settle for 80% right now just to get cash back in my hands. Travel deals will be everywhere for future travel.

Which one did you choose?

Honestly I'd probably settle for 80% right now just to get cash back in my hands. Travel deals will be everywhere for future travel.
It’s a family vacation with my in laws and wife’s siblings. Consensus from them is to take the 80%.

Which one did you choose?
We are looking into options of keeping the reservation and inviting other people.

Back