Vader's road to the Grandaddy

As Robert Stack would say...

Been really grinding my short game, after coach said we're in a good spot with Irons/swing mechanics right now. We played together last week, and he likes where we're at.

I would rate my greenside game a solid 7 out of 10, but as we all know getting to 8 or 9 out of 10 is daunting. Have had a couple really good lessons, and grind sessions, and am happy to report that I'm starting to live in the middle of the face. But, more importantly, my chipping has drastically improved to a solid 7.2 out of 10. lol.

The below picture was taken after 7 consecutive shots. I'm excited. Playing a quick 9 after work today, so I'm interested to see what actually makes it on course.

20210703_101456.jpg

Fresh off a weekend in Myrtle, and game seems to be stuck in neutral. Very frustrating.

Played the following:

Pawleys Plantaion/Caledonia
Dye Club/ Rivers Edge
Arrowhead, in a money game

It was a great time with my buddy who lives down there, and besides a few really bad shots, a spat of rain Friday, it went well overall.

Turns out, I really need to drill down and figure out my approach game, it costs me so many shots right now, it's almost comical.

I may put some work in, but if I'm being honest, I'm tired, and a bit burned out from the grind. I'm off to Greece in a week or so, and while I have a single lesson with my coach prior, I've decided to hang up the sticks until Sept. We've all been to this point at one point or another I'm sure. But boy, I just need a break.

Obligatory Caledonia Pic:

20210806_122655.jpg

Last edited:
Have been very uninterested in golf since my trip.

Until I was asked to play tomorrow. At which point I felt that bit of excitement, which was missing these past months. Good or bad, I can't wait to get out there.

Then I'm off to Greece Thursday. It will be good to get a round in.

Sadly, my beloved M6 has developed a crack, and TM, being awesome at Customer Service, is sending me a SIM2 Max as a replacement. Blown away by that level of CS.

So, out comes the bomber!

20210824_170311.jpg
20210824_170321.jpg

Taking a break is good. We've all been there, but I was at a real low point for about a month, and golf felt more like going thru the motions.

I went out with the intention to score yesterday. Got to the course very early, and hit a medium bucket to see where I was at for the day, as well as ingrain the feel I wanted.

I was relaxed from the jump, and my only swing thoughts were to stay smooth, and trust myself.

Mistakes were made on the back, but I am happy with my round, accomplished my goal of hitting better approaches (as evident by torching GIRs) and more importantly, happy that the spark has returned.

20210825_173655.jpg

Now, off to sit by the Agean Sea, and forget about real life for a while.

Coach asked what I wanted to move on to/ what I thought the next biggest weakness is in my game currently.

Woods/Hybrid off the deck I told him, and away we went. It was not good, lol. But by the end it was a stripe show.

Un learning 20 years of bad habits, and completely rebuilding a swing is hard. But progress has been amazing for me personally, even though my scores don't reflect how much better my ball striking has become.

With a few months to go until the big show, I'm really grinding to bring something usable with me to Carlsbad.

How it Started:

Swing_old.PNG

How it's going:

swing_new.PNG

That is really positive improvement in the position at the top. Nice work.

Wow man. That's looking great!

Update:

Was on Travel to SLC, then immediately back on a plane for work. Not much time for golf, or life really, but whatever.

I suffered a chest injury a couple weeks back, that, in my infinite wisdom, decided to try to play thru. We can all guess how that went...

I'm pretty demoralized with the state of my game, as one would imagine, playing injured doesn't do great things for score, or mental fortitude. Thankfully, the GDaddy boys, and my normal golf friends have kept me from spiraling, by reminding me to just keep focused, and most importantly, to rest.

On to happier things:

Chest was feeling good, so I went and found a place that had/allowed me to hit an Apex UW.

Wow. I know I should wait until the big show, but when one grabs a club, and it's like putting on a familiar pair of broken in jeans.... One acquires said club. haha.

Sadly, it appears my phone takes photos way too good for the upload size requirements, will post later.

Will report back in the proper thread, but I'm super excited to get this club on course.

Update:

Was on Travel to SLC, then immediately back on a plane for work. Not much time for golf, or life really, but whatever.

I suffered a chest injury a couple weeks back, that, in my infinite wisdom, decided to try to play thru. We can all guess how that went...

I'm pretty demoralized with the state of my game, as one would imagine, playing injured doesn't do great things for score, or mental fortitude. Thankfully, the GDaddy boys, and my normal golf friends have kept me from spiraling, by reminding me to just keep focused, and most importantly, to rest.

On to happier things:

Chest was feeling good, so I went and found a place that had/allowed me to hit an Apex UW.

Wow. I know I should wait until the big show, but when one grabs a club, and it's like putting on a familiar pair of broken in jeans.... One acquires said club. haha.

Sadly, it appears my phone takes photos way too good for the upload size requirements, will post later.

Will report back in the proper thread, but I'm super excited to get this club on course.
It’s NEVER too late to buy yourself a new club 🔥🔥🔥 Love it!

All healed up and ready to go.

As we approach zero hour, it seems like life has done nothing but speed up, and just get more busy. Le Sigh.

I am in total love with the UW, and can't believe, outside the gearhead community, this club is not talked about more.

Still taking it day by day, played my last round of the year, last week, and while I can't seem to put anything together, I am trying to keep myself up by taking away the good things.

I recently started keeping a Practice/Play journal, and try to just incrementally focus on the most important aspects, that save me the most strokes.

Whatever happens in CA, good or bad, all I can do is my best, and I can't wait to be there.

20211118_074350.jpg

20211120_103617.jpg

Have a blast @Vader - looking forward to following your amazing upcoming trip.

All healed up and ready to go.

As we approach zero hour, it seems like life has done nothing but speed up, and just get more busy. Le Sigh.

I am in total love with the UW, and can't believe, outside the gearhead community, this club is not talked about more.

Still taking it day by day, played my last round of the year, last week, and while I can't seem to put anything together, I am trying to keep myself up by taking away the good things.

I recently started keeping a Practice/Play journal, and try to just incrementally focus on the most important aspects, that save me the most strokes.

Whatever happens in CA, good or bad, all I can do is my best, and I can't wait to be there.

View attachment 9046656

View attachment 9046657
You and I seem to be in the same boat right now with our game. But we got this man!

Back