Valentine’s Day

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s Valentines Day, what are you doing with your significant other? Do you celebrate this holiday?

We celebrate, but don’t go overboard. Topics will do dinner and get each other something small. Cards are getting expensive these days.

We agree to do an activity together at some point during the month... something that we wouldn’t normally otherwise do. No gifts. It’s about sharing in an experience and spending time together.

We went out for dinner last night and will stay in tonight and get a take away. Always avoid going out on the 14th as neither of us are particularly bothered about the day.

I traditionally make a nice steak dinner and creme brulee for desert. Pretty low key for us.

My favorite thing about Valentines day is that men got one over on the gals. I don't know how we did it but we did. Honey, I was going to buy you a dozen roses for $75.00 but I love you so much that I got you this single rose for $3.99!

I got pretty lucky and married someone that believes it's the dumbest holiday to celebrate... As long as I bring some sweets for her and some nice words I'm golden!

Heart shaped donut for breakfast and a unique profile of Cupcakes later today!

We celebrate, but don’t go overboard. Topics will do dinner and get each other something small. Cards are getting expensive these days.

One of the things I love about my wife is - she actually gets mad if I buy a card. She'll always look at the price on the back & say "Why did you spend that much on a card?"

It's more of a Hallmark holiday for us. Maybe we try to have a nice dinner over the weekend - not necessarily on the 14th. Lately I've been getting her a nice bottle of wine.

We agree to do an activity together at some point during the month... something that we wouldn’t normally otherwise do. No gifts. It’s about sharing in an experience and spending time together.

Good call. I like this.

I buy my wife a small box of chocolates then tomorrow morning I will go out and buy her flowers. Nothing better than getting double the flowers for half price.

Today is her day so we're going to the ballet then dinner at a nice restaurant in South Beach. I need to behave as she got me a Sun Mountain stand bag for V day

I will probably fox her dinner and get some flowers. We don’t really do much for Valentine’s Day. Especially with the kids.

We go out to eat and do a little window shopping. Her parents usually come watch the kids, so for us it's a night where we can have fun and just relax! We don't always get out on Valentine's day, but this year we will.

We need a Festivus for the rest of us for Valentine's Day.

Another Hallmark holiday...I gave her a card and am working at the bar tonight.

We're going for a couple's massage this morning. My wife is a nurse and works tonight. No cards, just time together!

We went out for dinner last night and will stay in tonight and get a take away. Always avoid going out on the 14th as neither of us are particularly bothered about the day.
Sounds familiar!

Nothing big. Some small gifts. Tonight we’re going to a couples Yoga class.

It’s Valentines Day, what are you doing with your significant other? Do you celebrate this holiday?
I don't buy flowers as my wife thinks they are a waste of money for something to die in less than a week. I get a card and a gift card for Starbucks for her and she is quite happy with it. We will go out for dinner in the middle of next week and avoid all the crowds tonight and tomorrow.
If she gets flowers, it will be from her boyfriend. ;)

My lovely bride and I had breakfast at Chick-fil-A this morning, but will have our "Valentine's Day" celebration tomorrow. Gonna have a nice meal at one of our favorite places and just spend the day doing what she wants to do.

Screenshot_20200214-074959_Facebook.jpgEnough said...

I’m normally on the road, this year marks only the 10th that I’ve been home out of 27. She wants to get in 9 holes early so we can spend the evening at home away from (as she puts it) ”the craziness of grumpy ass couples trying to pretend for one day that they get along and love each other.” On the home cooked menu, steak tenderloins and grilled lobster.

We make it a habit to spend time together. my wife has a pretty hectic job so weekly time is a stretch.

We’re coming up on 33 years married. Valentine’s day has never been something we put much effort into. We have a great relationship and I have never bought into the idea that some days are more special than others. Everyday is special. IDK. Works for us.

Share a good home cooked steak and good bottle of wine. Then ?for some adult time afterward ;)

Back