Valentine’s Day

Valentines Day is the biggest made up holiday ever. Forces men to buy things, others to face their loneliness. They should end the company that created this day.

But I love my wife, so yep I am a victim of the holiday and make sure I show a little extra why she is special. Almost 30 years now.

We do not celebrate. I try to treat her well all year long. I'm mostly successful.

I don't buy flowers as my wife thinks they are a waste of money for something to die in less than a week. I get a card and a gift card for Starbucks for her and she is quite happy with it. We will go out for dinner in the middle of next week and avoid all the crowds tonight and tomorrow.
If she gets flowers, it will be from her boyfriend. ;)
Hahahaha...I am wondering about who the flowers came from that just arrived on the doorstep. :)

I offer to buy lingerie every year, but Mrs. declines??!!

For me, it's a card and we'll go out to dinner on another night next week.

we've never really gotten into making a big deal out of holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. *shrug*

The Bestest half and I are goin g to a concert tonight, and dinner before. I took the day off and she received Flowers and a card right after handing her Coffee this morning

We had a pre-Valentines weekend with our daughter last week. Had a nice late lunch/early dinner on Saturday, then running around shopping/errands and just generally spending time together.

We typically avoid at all costs the restaurant scene for Valentines Day. If anything, we will do take out. Tonight will likely be Thai food. :love:

My wife and I are playing golf today. She is so excited. Better than cards and flowers, but she got those too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Since I was one of the approximately 220,000 people who asked my wife to marry me on S.V.D., it is important I remember the event. I bought her flowers and will make her dinner tonight

Valentines Day is the biggest made up holiday ever. Forces men to buy things, others to face their loneliness. They should end the company that created this day.

But I love my wife, so yep I am a victim of the holiday and make sure I show a little extra why she is special. Almost 30 years now.
I couldn't agree with you more - - it's a scam!! However, I'm trying to score points with a prospective girlfriend, so I gave in and sent a Valentine's Day gift to her office.

Damn you, Hallmark!! (or whoever is responsible for this mess)

Just bought a dozen roses at Target for $20 and a card for $4. I’ll have a warm Hot Pocket all ready to go for her when she walks in the door tonight so that will take care of dinner. My wife is the luckiest gal on the planet!

Have never been a fan of this "holiday", but I still buy a card for both my wife & daughter, dam near $15 for 2 cards what a rip off! I also left a dozen roses on my wife's dresser with the card before I left home this morning.

I really dislike Valentine's day. It's just another made up holiday to sell more ****.

I will get my wife a pan brownie and a card.

We don't typically do much. We had a fancy dinner for my birthday that we basically rolled V-day into, because it's only 3 days apart. I will typically get her at least some chocolates and a card though.

We are going to our favorite Naples restaurant where we’ve been for several anniversaries but never for Valentines Day. My wife loves the restaurant so much that she bought an oil painting of it from a local artist, lol.

We were talking about it on our walk today and one of us has been out of town for work on 15+ of our 25 years of marriage so we will just enjoy spending this one together.

073A98E3-E2D6-44AC-8766-6D43009DAE07.jpeg4E660CC0-92CA-4483-93A1-4347D35377E5.jpeg

Last edited:
We were going to stay home and make some dinner and watch a movie. Yesterday we were invited out for dinner and drinks with another couple so that is what we will be doing tonight instead. It's her favorite restaurant too so she's pretty happy

My wife usually gets up before me, and makes coffee. I put a card and some mixed chocolate covered strawberries (white and dark) in the fridge next to the milk she gets for her coffee. Later on, going out to dinner with another couple to complete the evening. She was surprised by the way I did the strawberries and the card.

I don't do flowers and what not for Valentine's Day and my wife doesn't want it. We might go to dinner within a day or two of the 14th.

My wife and I accidentally started a tradition a few years back. We go to Red Robin for dinner. We went there on Valentines day one year. Then went again on Valentines day the next year without realizing that we did it the year before. So it has just become a thing now.

I always get the royal red robin burger and sweet potato fries. For the most part we both think Valentines day is a lame holiday but we both kinda still participate. I got her a card, and she did the same. Easy peasy.

My wife and I both kind of boycott the Valentine’s Day hoopla. To pay three times for that other days is not my thing. I’m at the lake house working and my wife is coming up this afternoon.

Back