Vaseline/Chapstick On Driver Face?

Doesn't thus leave some residue on the ball and cause odd flights...like a spitball?

Hmm...not too sure this is the way to go... :D

I haven't heard about this before.

Very interesting. I had never heard of this. I would think it would be fairly obvious to see if someone did this, or is it fairly hideable? I think if I was playing with someone that did this, I'd go wipe off the club while he was taking other shots to mess with them. hehehe

Very interesting. I had never heard of this. I would think it would be fairly obvious to see if someone did this, or is it fairly hideable? I think if I was playing with someone that did this, I'd go wipe off the club while he was taking other shots to mess with them. hehehe

Not as easy to spot as you would think. Unless too much is put on the face and reflects the sun. But it CAN be spotted...and quickly checked when the other player isn't looking.

LOL. There's no need to spend money on that when cheap chapstick works.

You know? If you're going out with buddies just for fun and kicks and you all agree to doing it then have at it. Just don't get used to using it or it will kill your game. LOL.

I was skeptical..been golfing since I was 10..now I am 54...I always had a slight slice..most golfers do....when I tried this the past weekend..I was amazed...I always aim a little left because my ball will slice and go right...I aimed left and ball went left...when I corre cted and aimed straight ball went right down the middle...can believe something like that can make a huge difference and if I didn't try it wouldn't of believed anyone...I don't play for money or take golf that serious..I go on the weekend and play for fun with my elderly dad....Cant say it will work for everyone but can honestly say it worked for me..

I'll wait for a club manufacturer to come up with a design for a club for slicers with a face so smooth and polished that will be the same as if chap stick was applied

I'll wait for a club manufacturer to come up with a design for a club for slicers with a face so smooth and polished that will be the same as if chap stick was applied

interesting. For the rules nerds, is there anything defining the surface texture of the face of club (not in the grooves)?

It seems like this is a fix for the excessive left/right shots. The reduction is side spin would also reduce the backspin and likely degrade you're launch conditions. I bet a decent ball striker with a well fit driver would see a loss of distance from this fix.

Eitehr way, next time on a launch monitor I will have to test this out for fun.

Use Polara balls to help with that slice.

I remember seeing some Titleist video where they had a dimple-less golf ball. It went nowhere. The point was to emphasize the importance of spin and dimple design to create distance.

These polara ball look dimple-light. pretty interesting idea. Short and straight over long and wrong....

Dimple less balls plus lip balm on driver face? Wrong combination
Dimpled ball plus lip balm on driver face? Better Combo

Dimple less balls plus lip balm on driver face? Wrong combination
Dimpled ball plus lip balm on driver face? Better Combo

I'm just sayin that a ball exists to help people with a slice.

I have never heard of such a thing. Very odd. You have to wonder why anyone would have thought of putting chapstick on the face of a driver to begin with. Sort of like the first guy to find a lobster in his net while fishing and think "I am going to try and eat that".
I think young Tom Morris told Old Tom Morris to shove his driver up his arse. Old Tom never bothered to clean it off after.

Wow, learn something new every day o_O

Well.. This thread came back to life..

i have heard it works, and heard the interview with Trevino also, tried it, no

yeah yeah yeah, i guess you've never taken a mulligan either? i know its not legal, im just curious if it works
I've never taken a mulligan. What of it? :ROFLMAO::geek:

Well.. This thread came back to life..

Yes, it did. I feel like I'm talking to he founding fathers or something when a thread comes up from pre-2010.

I have heard that Vaseline works. Never tried it myself, so I really don't know. .

My suggestion to the OP is to stop by the medicine cabinet on the way to the range, and see for yourself. Kind of hard to cheat when just practicing on the range.

I have heard that Vaseline works. Never tried it myself, so I really don't know. .

My suggestion to the OP is to stop by the medicine cabinet on the way to the range, and see for yourself. Kind of hard to cheat when just practicing on the range.
Yeah, but it'd be hard to tell the difference with a range ball. I mean, they basically don't spin already...

It does work. I put some on my driver then swung as hard as I could. Which usually results in a big slice but the ball went straight and maybe 15 yards further.

Back