Vegas golf recommendations

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am going to Vegas in late October for work and need to set up two golf rounds. The first is with my boss who is a good golfer. We were going to spring for Shadow Creek on the company as a reward for some things we accomplished but Shadow Creek is booked for the date we could play. What would the second choice be after Shadow Creek. We are staying at MGM if that makes a difference.

The second is for 3 or 4 foursomes on a Thursday afternoon. Some of us will be flying out that night after if that makes a difference. We probably don't want to be super far from MGM and the airport.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Cascata for your boss. I'm playing there tomorrow. :love:

Paiute for your boys if you can swing it, but it might be a little far. Otherwise I'd say Rio Secco.

Cascata for your boss. I'm playing there tomorrow. :love:

Paiute for your boys if you can swing it, but it might be a little far. Otherwise I'd say Rio Secco.

I have played Cascata before and it was a great time. Do you know anything about Dragon Ridge?

I have played Cascata before and it was a great time. Do you know anything about Dragon Ridge?
Dragon Ridge is incredible, but private. I'm not sure you can get on without a member (and I don't know any members :cry:). I played there once in a tournament and loved it. If you have a chance, that is a great option.

Dragon Ridge is incredible, but private. I'm not sure you can get on without a member (and I don't know any members :cry:). I played there once in a tournament and loved it. If you have a chance, that is a great option.

It is listed on the MGM website. We are going to talk to the person organizing our event at MGM (we are bringing about 100 people for a meeting) to see if they can get us out.

It is listed on the MGM website. We are going to talk to the person organizing our event at MGM (we are bringing about 100 people for a meeting) to see if they can get us out.
That would be money. There's a chance I might be working for your company that day.... :p:cool:

Bali Hai was fun and would be good for various levels and really close to the airport. Picture is when I was there in July. It is not great like Shadow or Cascata, but I enjoyed the course.

1E66BC97-195D-4856-A707-FA47A95FB777.jpeg

The times I have traveled to Vegas it was more about getting out of town than staying in town. Rolling up to Mesquite and Utah right next door. The best I have played in Vegas is Reflection Bay. It's a 25 minute jaunt from the airport. I'll be playing the Wynn just before the Morgan Cup but can't speak to it. They reached out for raters to stop by so that speaks that they feel they are in prime condition....And it is Steve's alter Shadow Creek....

I'm heading out in the end of September. I'm playing TPC vegas on monday and Paiute wolf/sun on tuesday. I'm trying to find a 4th round for monday evening but not sure.

I haven't played it, but based on videos I've seen, Cascata would be at the top of my list.

Played lake Las Vegas last time I was there. Fun course. Two eighteens, ones private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm heading out in the end of September. I'm playing TPC vegas on monday and Paiute wolf/sun on tuesday. I'm trying to find a 4th round for monday evening but not sure.

Depends on what you want. Bears Best is a good all around course - I recommend playing it in the afternoon so you can see the strip lighting up on the tee boxes.

I personally like Sienna and a fan of it because of the design team Schmidt / Curley - great designers.

If you want to play a top course but money - then Cascata is a good course.

If you want to play a good design and a tough course, but not the best shape always then Rio Secco is a good option.

The new redesign and rebuild of the Wynn is getting pretty good reviews.

I like Reflection Bay a lot - a nice step away from the pure Vegas desert courses.

If you are ambitious, Coyote Springs is further out, but worth a drive.

If you hit something big, then play Shadow Creek! LOL

If you only really care about a round then you can play a course at Revere.

Any of the Paiute courses. Southern Highlands?

Got a nice deal because of recent over seeding at Angel Park mountain course. 66 bucks for afternoon green fees, cart, club rentals and balls. How's this course, does the over seeding make it tough to play?

Last edited:
Played both the mountain and palm course at Angel Park. Both were very good. They had a great deal one day at 66 a player and 73 the next time. You get green fees, cart. Velocity golf balls and selected the Callaway Epic woods-Maverick irons. Those a great. Conditions were good after the over seed. It was a 25 minute trip from the Strip. Barry Manilow was surpringly good, lol.

Played tpc Vegas with a member and all he did was complain about the course not being in its usual shape, even though it was amazing.
Paiute Wolf and Snow were amazing. Got paired with some great locals wished I would have gotten their number for the next time Im out there.
Only downside was I played like absolute amateur hour the entire time. Only managed two birdies on the trip on two of the par threes at Paiute.

Back