Cruskater

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA Sucks
Hey everyone, Lot's of posts (especially between the Morgan Cup and shaft up) on Vegas golf and I've tried to digest most of them. My wife and I are headed to Vegas in mid-June. Hoping the weather is bearable. We won a couple rounds at Bali Hai and will be staying at the Cosmo (my wife is a loyal Marriott member and I get some Founders Card perks). We are arriving on a Monday mid-morning and heading home on Sunday morning. We play Bali Tuesday and Thursday am. Looking at adding golf on two of the other days. Shadow is out of our price range and I was surprised to see Cascata was still pricey for June. Based on everyone's comments, Paiute, Wolf Creek, and TPC Vegas are probably at the top of our list. After playing Wolf Creek virtually quite a bit, looking to play there one day, but will probably be a close to all day affair. What would you guys do? Try to pull off Golfapalooza in the heat at Paiute? Just play one course and then Wolf Creek? My wife is a pretty good stick and hits it on the longer side. She is excited just to be there and doesn't really care where we play.

Right now leaning to: at least one day of Paiute and one day at Wolf. Thanks!

My wife, brother, sister in law and I are leaving Thursday for a golf getaway in Vegas. Hoping for good weather too. We are playing Revere for a late afternoon warm up round, TPC Las Vegas friday and Coyote Springs on Saturday.

We tried to get on Wolf Creek but it was very busy.

I absolutely love Paiute! Team Hackers played Wolf and Sun Mountain while we were out there and it was awesome! I would definitely play Sun over TPC LV. TPC LV was a great course and has a few great holes but there was just something about Sun that made it more fun. Definitely play Wolf Creek, I have ye to play it but I believe @baylrballa Said that the majority of the holes are signature holes at other courses. I'm hoping to get down there in the next year or so.

Bali hai is fun and super convenient. Wolf creek is a bit of a hike but worth it. It needs to be seen in person to truly appreciate it. Highly recommend. Look at lake las vegas as well. If you can get on SoHi is absolutely amazing. As far as weather, its gonna be hot. Hydrate and i highly recommend getting an IV after the first day (basement of MGM). Cheers

This sounds like my kind of trip. I go out there a few times a year and we're always crunched for time. Centrally located on the strip and golf that doesn't take an entire day is our recipe. So I play Bali just about every time. It's fun and should be fast in June on a Tues/Thurs. Make sure to bet the green on #11! I win some serious clubhouse merch on that. The green is plenty deep and if you're a draw player it's easy money.

So.. I would probably play TPC one day. It's nice, and pace isn't fast but has been steady when I've been there. Don't know about June. Leaves plenty of time for other fun though. And if I have most of a day, Wolf. It's pretty memorable. I try to fit in a good amount of golf shopping/testing while I'm there too though. Things might be a **** show on that front with supply right now, but typically there is a ton of gear opportunities in Vegas. Lay hands on things that I'd only see online otherwise. Got my first Vessel bag there.

With you guys being there a week, I'd make the drive out to Wolf Creek. It's worth every minute.

My wife, brother, sister in law and I are leaving Thursday for a golf getaway in Vegas. Hoping for good weather too. We are playing Revere for a late afternoon warm up round, TPC Las Vegas friday and Coyote Springs on Saturday.

We tried to get on Wolf Creek but it was very busy.

Revere is fun. Canyon target golf.

Do Wolf Creek for sure. Better yet, let Wolf Creek do you. Great course.

I have relatives who get comps to Vegas hotels who travel to mesquite to play Wolf Creek. When done, they would buy a golf package at the Casablanca hotel. I think they are running a $99 play, and stay deal right now. They spend the night in Mesquite. The Casablanca course (7k yards) is fine golf course too.

Main thing for visitors to Vegas in the summer months is to stay well hydrated. That, and bring your own shade. Many a Vegas vacation has been ruined due to bodies over heating issues.

If you go out to Wolf Creek, maybe try to sneak in an extra round at Conestoga. Very nice course that is like Wolf Creek lite. Then grab dinner at Kathrine’s steakhouse inside the CasaBlanca.

This sounds like my kind of trip. I go out there a few times a year and we're always crunched for time. Centrally located on the strip and golf that doesn't take an entire day is our recipe. So I play Bali just about every time. It's fun and should be fast in June on a Tues/Thurs. Make sure to bet the green on #11! I win some serious clubhouse merch on that. The green is plenty deep and if you're a draw player it's easy money.

So.. I would probably play TPC one day. It's nice, and pace isn't fast but has been steady when I've been there. Don't know about June. Leaves plenty of time for other fun though. And if I have most of a day, Wolf. It's pretty memorable. I try to fit in a good amount of golf shopping/testing while I'm there too though. Things might be a **** show on that front with supply right now, but typically there is a ton of gear opportunities in Vegas. Lay hands on things that I'd only see online otherwise. Got my first Vessel bag there.

Thanks! Yeah the wife really likes golf but doesn't want too many days taken up entirely with golf. I think she has some shopping and shows (that are open) in mind.

If I ever get out that way and I'm responsible for organizing the rounds, Wolf Creek is at the top of my list. Everything else would be secondary. I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the other courses listed though after seeing the photos from the last THP Experience!

I'll pitch a curveball. If you drive up to Hurricane, UT about 1:45 from you. Play Sand Hollow and across St from course is Madmooserentals and they rent Dune Buggies. A few miles from there is a sand dune area that is insane. If you and the wife love driving....This will be the best part of your trip. Good Luck.

I'll pitch a curveball. If you drive up to Hurricane, UT about 1:45 from you. Play Sand Hollow and across St from course is Madmooserentals and they rent Dune Buggies. A few miles from there is a sand dune area that is insane. If you and the wife love driving....This will be the best part of your trip. Good Luck.
I played Sand Hollow again this weekend and I love it. But I also played Copper Rock, which is a new course near Sand Hollow that just opened this year. I loved it and think it might be even better than Sand Hollow, at least in terms of the hole design. The views aren’t as spectacular, but they are still very good. I believe Copper Rock is scheduled to be a stop on the LPGA, or maybe the Symetra tour. Definitely worth checking out, and about $60 cheaper than Sand Hollow.

I played Sand Hollow again this weekend and I love it. But I also played Copper Rock, which is a new course near Sand Hollow that just opened this year. I loved it and think it might be even better than Sand Hollow, at least in terms of the hole design. The views aren’t as spectacular, but they are still very good. I believe Copper Rock is scheduled to be a stop on the LPGA, or maybe the Symetra tour. Definitely worth checking out, and about $60 cheaper than Sand Hollow.
That area...Mesquite/St George/Hurricane is an absolute diamond in rough travel area. I'll keep Copper Rock in mind. Thank You

Sounds like I need to check out Copper Rock.

Anyone know if Caesars still offers a discount at Cascata? I shouldn't be, but I was surprised to see Cascata was still on the pricey side for June. Not quite Shadow numbers but definitely close!

Anyone know if Caesars still offers a discount at Cascata? I shouldn't be, but I was surprised to see Cascata was still on the pricey side for June. Not quite Shadow numbers but definitely close!
According to their website they still do:

Cascata.png

From looking at their website, the smokin' deal is to play between June 21 and September 5, and do the "Double Down" package. Cascata's greens fees are $349 during that time, but for $369 ($20 more) you get one round each at Cascata and Rio Secco!

Last edited:
By the way. I just found out the rack rate at Shadow will go up to $1k per round when they come out of overseeing this summer/fall.

If any of you have a simulator with TGC 2019 try out "Red Rock GC Las Vegas MTN", I just published it for guy and it is amazingly life like. Beautiful course, tons of elevation changes. I believe Red Rock has a sister course that is public, maybe similar?

I always loved Bears Best but heard the conditions are not great right now.

By the way. I just found out the rack rate at Shadow will go up to $1k per round when they come out of overseeing this summer/fall.
They’ve had a ton of good pub lately on National tv. I can seen why they feel they can get that amount.

They’ve had a ton of good pub lately on National tv. I can seen why they feel they can get that amount.
My host said that demand is extremely high and there just is not enough tee times available to accommodate VIP guests and non-gaming guests. Currently, they only offer tee times every 30 min. Even with that few groups playing per day, it felt much more crowded than normal when I played in March.

Back