Ventus Shaft question

bharp77

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m curious if it’s worth paying the upgrade to get the Velocore Ventus shaft or if it’s worth just going with the stock Ventus to see if I like the feel before I commit to pay for the Velocore. Currently I hit 2019 Attas 7X or a Hzrdus Smoke stiff when my back is giving me problems. I ordered my Sim with the stock Ventus but now I wonder if I should just pay for the upgrade.

Last edited:
I’m curious if it’s worth paying the upgrade to get the Velocore Ventus shaft or if it’s worth just going with
Going with What? Another Premium Shaft that is cheaper? Or one of the Stock Options?:drinks:

I’m curious if it’s worth paying the upgrade to get the Velocore Ventus shaft or if it’s worth just going with

You really should try to get fit.

Without seeing numbers for the two shafts it’s impossible to determine which is better for you

I’m curious if it’s worth paying the upgrade to get the Velocore Ventus shaft or if it’s worth just going with the stock Ventus to see if I like the feel before I commit to pay for the Velocore. Currently I hit 2019 Attas 7X or a Hzrdus Smoke stiff when my back is giving me problems. I ordered my Sim with the stock Ventus but now I wonder if I should just pay for the upgrade.

Of course try the stock Ventus, but they are completely different feeling shafts. $250 as an upcharge is about standard for what others are selling on eBay for. Callaway has Ventus at $350 so the $250 through TM is not bad at all

Its not a stout shaft at all, but the Ventus w/ velocore has much less load/whip than the stock Ventus

Wondering how Fujikura can even still offer/market the stock version as a 'Ventus' as it's missing the full length 70-ton carbon fiber AND the velocore. Is the stock version even a new profile, or is it the same red, blue, black shaft they've been selling stock for years with an updated paint scheme?

A TaylorMade rep told me all the Project X shafts (Smoke series particularly) were all premiums, no 'stock' version. Anyone confirm this?

Wondering how Fujikura can even still offer/market the stock version as a 'Ventus' as it's missing the full length 70-ton carbon fiber AND the velocore. Is the stock version even a new profile, or is it the same red, blue, black shaft they've been selling stock for years with an updated paint scheme?

A TaylorMade rep told me all the Project X shafts (Smoke series particularly) were all premiums, no 'stock' version. Anyone confirm this?

The Smoke line is the real deal yes

The velocore ventus is a bit of an MOI increaser. If that is really a thing. I find it incredibly stable and easy to repeat. It is not the longest shaft. You can feel it load, and in my opinion has great feel. The drawback being it lacks a bit of kick.

It would be a fun experiment to have the stock TaylorMade Ventus and the real Ventus and do a comparison on a launch monitor. I have to be honest and say that it is a real turnoff to make a shaft look like the real aftermarket shaft, but not be that shaft.

It would be a fun experiment to have the stock TaylorMade Ventus and the real Ventus and do a comparison on a launch monitor. I have to be honest and say that it is a real turnoff to make a shaft look like the real aftermarket shaft, but not be that shaft.

OEMs:

Just received this from the Fuji Sales rep regarding the 'stock' Ventus shaft option.

'Ventus' Stock Shafts.png

Last edited:
Just received this from the Fuji Sales rep regarding the 'stock' Ventus shaft option.

View attachment 8926658
Well, at least they are being honest about it. In regards to the OP's question, if you already have it ordered, I say give it a shot. At the very least, you can probably find a used Ventus shaft with a TM tip already installed for $250 or less should the stock option not work out. I would even contact Budget Golf or something to see if you can order the shaft only direct from TM. They may have a decent price on it.

Back