Tour Event Veritex Bank Championship (Korn Ferry Tour / Tony Romo)

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The Veritex Bank Championship kicked off this morning and Romo eagled his first hole of the tournament.

After a double on 4, Romo is sitting at E thru 4 and 6 back from the leader.

Not a bad front nine for Tony considering he had a double and a triple!
1619111184111.png

Will be interested to see how his first 2 days go.

Romo is a player but those KF guys are sticks.

Not a bad front nine for Tony considering he had a double and a triple!
View attachment 9004572
I just looked at the leaderboard - still a lot of people left to tee off yet. It'll be interesting to see if he makes the cut. Tony's discovering that he's a pretty good stick by amateur standards, but it's a whole different stratosphere when you try to take that next step and compete with the big boys!

Romo has run into the buzzsaw of competitive golf on the back nine and currently sits at +6. Hopefully he brought some extra eyes to the event.

Romo finishes T-last at +6. Played the 3 par 5’s in -4 :oops:

Wonder if he's wearing a pair of Skechers... "silky" or whatever he says in that commercial.:LOL:

Romo finishes T-last at +6. Played the 3 par 5’s in -4 :oops:
Yeah, but can any of his competitors read a defense, diagnose a blitz and audible to another play to adjust to coverage within a few seconds while they’re under center? 😆

Yeah, but can any of his competitors read a defense, diagnose a blitz and audible to another play to adjust to coverage within a few seconds while they’re under center? 😆
Why Romo couldn't!:ROFLMAO:
Romo had what I like to call Brett Farve/Drew Bledsoe disease when in doubt just Chuck it up and Pray!

Romo had what I like to call Brett Farve/Drew Bledsoe disease when in doubt just Chuck it up and Pray!
DFA63FF4-7676-44FD-BA52-4A5C96E20020.jpeg

Y’know, I used to bag on Romo all the time when he was playing. A friend was a huge Cowboys fan and I gave him endless grief about Romo not being able to get it done when it mattered. Then I thought about it one day - dude seems like an all-around good guy, he was the star QB of the Dallas Cowboys, he’s rich beyond most people’s wildest dreams, he has a smokin’ hot wife and bagged Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood before that, and is now a highly successful TV analyst. It’s pretty hard not to call that winning at life!

Wait. Not exactly fair. Tony didn't have that much surrounding him most of his career. Sort of like his golf game at the professional level. Just not enough.

Wait. Not exactly fair. Tony didn't have that much surrounding him most of his career. Sort of like his golf game at the professional level. Just not enough.
Just needs a better caddy. No question.

Wait wait wait, Tony came up short at something again? I’ll be damned. :rolleyes::LOL:

Pretty gettable course out there in Arlington too. Had a 62 yesterday and expect that will be pushed again today. #59Watch

Pretty gettable course out there in Arlington too. Had a 62 yesterday and expect that will be pushed again today. #59Watch

Wasn't much wind yesterday - I believe that's the only real defense for that course other than pin placements.

Wasn't much wind yesterday - I believe that's the only real defense for that course other than pin placements.

Agree. Pretty open there and not a lot of trouble.....but apparently Romo found the few spots out there. Ha.

Another 62 today & another -6 through 10 so far.

YE Yang w/ the WD

Yup....PGA Championship winner in 2009.

Back