Vermont and NH Golf Resorts

Cruskater

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA Sucks
Hey THPers! I am on a posting kick as my wife is working late. The wife and I are celebrating our anniversary in a few weeks and did not do much last year due to Covid and our jobs (we are both teachers and asked everyone not to travel much in order to stay in person the whole year) and our friendly, social, and athletic cat. On longer vacations such as Christmas and Spring Break as well as the summer, we would bring our cat Bruce to his grandpawrents and generally avoided going on weekend trips since he didn't like being left alone. Sadly Bruce crossed the rainbow bridge after Labor Day and we decided maybe this is the year to do a long weekend for the anniversary in October. Looking for recommendations across Northern New England for leaf peeping.

We've been to the Omni Mount Washington in the summer and the missus is looking elsewhere. A lot of resorts such as Sunday River and Sugarloaf in Maine and Turning Stone in NY are already filled up or charging exorbitant rates for the remaining rooms. We are zeroing in on the Stratton Resort and Stowe but are open to suggestions. We have a bunch of JetBlue points so I first checked some resorts around the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic but they are pretty full.

Did you check out Samoset?

Though Maine/NH/VT in October, will be cold.

Also, there won't be any leaves left then.

Leaf peeping in Northern NE will be peak in the next two weeks.

Stwo area and Stratton are both good picks, and have some nice courses. The Mountain Course at Stowe being one of the nicer in the state. Green Mountain National near Killington is pretty sweet. I am also partial to the former Okemo course, now called Fox Run I believe.

Not a resort, but Barre Country Club is an interesting old school layout that I found has a certain charm. However, I would probably only play passing by, not necessarily drive from another state as the main attraction. It would be good paired with another good course or three over a few days.

Back