Very little roll out off my driver

BroD

Reaction score
Handicap
Bought a TM M3 last year,, and like the distance (210) and accuracy, but I have not much roll out after the landing... Tried many swing changes and forward ball placement,, but still being out driven by 20 -30 yards because of their roll, Wanting to purchase a new shaft, currently using a senior shaft,, maybe reg. with stiffer tip???

Whats the loft your playing at? And how high is your ball flight? Spin numbers and data from a monitor would help diagnosing the issue.

Yeah. ^ What's the loft and yoru trajectory.

The M3 is pretty high launching. My spin numbers were slightly elevated with it, but I just couldn't overcome the launch regardless of shaft and adjustment on my 9.5*.

9.5 loft at lower setting,,, don't have spin numbers, I live in the middle of no where (Memphis 100 miles away),,, but I imagine spin # is the problem,,, cause even at a lower launch not much roll off unless I miss hit it.

Sounds like descent angle is very steep thus no roll. Could be combination of shaft and swing but shaft is first thing I’d look at. I definitely make a trip to a good fitter who could dial in the right shaft using Trackman or other equipment.

I had a very bad backspin problem until I got fit. I was seeing 4200 backspin and now I am down to 2900. I don't have much swing speed but I was like you hitting 210 yard shots. Mine would hop and stop (like I wish my wedges would ?). I got fit into a lower spin head, the Titleist TS3 and a shaft that I thought would not fit my game at all, the ProjectX Evenflow White in a 6.0 or firm flex. This has helped me a ton as I am not getting 220ish carry and rolling out to 230-240. The biggest difference I have noticed though is with wind. Hitting into the wind I am getting 200-220 distance with some roll out still and with the wind I have hit a couple of 250-260 shots. My old shots would die of at 180 into the wind and I wouldn't get much help from hitting downwind to make up for it.

thanks,, this sound exactly what is happening to me... nail a good drive, and hops and quits.. ( I do have a slow swing speed cause when I go after it, 100% it slices) but not as slow as many I play with,, who roll right past me another 20 to 40 yards.

Back