JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Vessel is a brand with a purpose. Committed to donate a school backpack to a child in need through their Buy a Bag, Give a Bag program, the company has provided nearly 30,000 already. To golfers, the brand signifies luxury and a goal to have performance down to the finest of details.

With their latest offering, the VLX, Vessel set up to create the ultimate carry bag. Before we dive into individual features and how they fared in our early testing, I wanted to touch a bit on the materials used in the design. The VLX is a tour grade synthetic leather that is much like what you would see on the staff bags used by tour players each week. Quite durable in design, it also wipes clean with a damp cloth.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
My past experience with a synthetic leather bag was the SL1 and I hated that it didn’t easily wipe clean, it was quite annoying in the light blue color way. I like how you started with this feature as that is what has turned me away from these types of bags. The ability to be easily cleaned is a huge ++. And that color way with the THP logo on the pocket is 👌🏻

Extremely well written piece. The bag is awesome. Way too much for me but it shows what people are capable of. They took bags to a new level.

• Admin
My past experience with a synthetic leather bag was the SL1 and I hated that it didn’t easily wipe clean, it was quite annoying in the light blue color way. I like how you started with this feature as that is what has turned me away from these types of bags. The ability to be easily cleaned is a huge ++. And that color way with the THP logo on the pocket is 👌🏻

I had some concerns. After the round, I took a wet cloth and wiped away the bottom and right side that got a bit dirty. Cleaned up with no issue.

I had some concerns. After the round, I took a wet cloth and wiped away the bottom and right side that got a bit dirty. Cleaned up with no issue.

Iv had mud splattered, dirt, dust, ect from cart paths, and it cleans right up no problem and hasnt discolored at all. Takes very little effort to get it cleaned up.

Trust me, it was a concern for me with a white bag

Thanks for the great review JB. I have long admired Vessell bags and this one sounds like another high quality bag.

Vessel makes the best bags in the biz, and it's not even close. Words can't describe how much I love my Players 2.0 bag.

Absolutely Love my Vessel Player Stand 2.0 black bag, does get some dirt & dust, but wipes right off with damp towel. By far the best bag I've owned.

Good stuff JB. While I love my current bag I miss having a stand and I think I may go with a Vessel stand bag the next time I find a good sale. It's amazing how good a company can make a golf bag look.

Great looking bag!!!

I own more than one Vessel bag and they have been great. Very well written review.

Well written review.

I am shopping around for a new bag & stuck on the fact that I like single club dividers vs a 4 or 5 way divider.

Well written review.

I am shopping around for a new bag & stuck on the fact that I like single club dividers vs a 4 or 5 way divider.

I did too, but won't go back to single length personally. They seem to wear too fast for me and I like to bring extra clubs.

I did too, but won't go back to single length personally. They seem to wear too fast for me and I like to bring extra clubs.
Do you find having issues with shafts getting crossed up or ease of returning or removing clubs to the bag?

Do you find having issues with shafts getting crossed up or ease of returning or removing clubs to the bag?

Not at all. Outside of having 21 in there last round, it never bothers me.

You are slowly changing my opinion!

21 clubs in there. Man, that kills me (or my back).

21 clubs in there. Man, that kills me (or my back).

I definitely wasn't walking, but carrying them to the bag drop was not fun :ROFLMAO:
All in the name of testing.

this is a gorgeous bag...nice write up @JB ...you may have convinced me that this should be my next stand/carry bag

this is a gorgeous bag...nice write up @JB ...you may have convinced me that this should be my next stand/carry bag

There are a lot of great bags out there. This one impressed me. Personally I use one with a bit of a wider top, but those where that doesn't matter, the VLX has been excellent.

There are a lot of great bags out there. This one impressed me. Personally I use one with a bit of a wider top, but those where that doesn't matter, the VLX has been excellent.

The wide opening on the tour series has kinda spoiled me but I'm probably not carrying a full set so I don't think it would bother me very much

Nice looking bag and nice write-up. I will have a Vessel bag one day. :cool:

That’s great!

I’m enjoying mine quite a bit. They were good to work with & have no real complaints to this point.

Attachments

• 9FDA50C0-5525-4208-8B10-F5A387EBB187.jpeg
    9FDA50C0-5525-4208-8B10-F5A387EBB187.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 12
Back