If I didn't just buy a TM Flextech this season, I would be all over this. The leather design sounds amazing.

Great review @JB. A bit rich for my budget, but a very solid looking product nonetheless and the reviews from others seem to back that up. Maybe someday for a special occasion...

Great review JB. In the market for a new bag (and irons) and these bags do look nice. The ones I looked at a while back seemed a little heavy for carry but based on your write up I’ll definitely revisit them - thanks!

For the next season i'm going to buy a new golfbag and i thought about these ones https://www.oldangler.com/world/leather-golf-bags/selective.html , since i'm half italian i wanted something to remember me of my origin.The price is not a problem, golf is my only hobby and i have been into it for years; also i really like leather bags because of the durability. Now i have an old MacKenzie, do you think i made a good choice?
Thanks in advance, Francis.

For the next season i'm going to buy a new golfbag and i thought about these ones https://www.oldangler.com/world/leather-golf-bags/selective.html , since i'm half italian i wanted something to remember me of my origin.The price is not a problem, golf is my only hobby and i have been into it for years; also i really like leather bags because of the durability. Now i have an old MacKenzie, do you think i made a good choice?
Thanks in advance, Francis.

Sounds perfect for your situation! I'm loving my new Vessel bag.

Best part of that bag is the customization on the ball pocket.

Ordered one of the Cobra moving day vlx bag. Absolutely love it. I have walked a few times now and it carries well and plenty of room for my 14 clubs with midsized grips. I will add @JB review mentioned no Velcro for a glove. The strip the towel hook is on is Velcro and holds a glove extremely well!

Ordered one of the Cobra moving day vlx bag. Absolutely love it. I have walked a few times now and it carries well and plenty of room for my 14 clubs with midsized grips. I will add @JB review mentioned no Velcro for a glove. The strip the towel hook is on is Velcro and holds a glove extremely well!
How big is it? On my vessel cart bags it's big enough (maybe 1 1/4" exposed) to put a glove on, but on my Player III stand bag it's tiny. I really don't think you'd be able to reliably stick a glove to it.

How big is it? On my vessel cart bags it's big enough (maybe 1 1/4" exposed) to put a glove on, but on my Player III stand bag it's tiny. I really don't think you'd be able to reliably stick a glove to it.
I have been looking at the Players III bag. Would you recommend it?

I have been looking at the Players III bag. Would you recommend it?
I would. I like it a lot more than I expected to. I'm a cart guy, and love my cart bags, but I probably use the Player III Stand as much or more than either of them. Admittedly, that's partly because it's pretty wet here and with CPO it's better to pull and carry to your ball, but still. I use it a lot. High quality, CRAZY waterproof (fabric hooded zippers and the best rain cover I think I've seen), the material wipes down easily, love the magnetic pocket, it holds a TON if you want it to, the straps are great, and on and on. It weighs about 6 lbs, which isn't bad to me for the quality you get. The one thing I'd say is that if you don't mind your clubs chattering, or use anything other than standard grips, I wouldn't recommend the 14 way in the player III stand. It's tight.

Maybe I gotta rearrange my bag differently but I find it pretty difficult to get clubs in and out of the VLX. I only have standard grips with 2 extra layers of tape and im constantly getting stuck bottom of the bag. I usually have to pull up multiple clubs to grab the 1 I actually want

But overall the walking experience is great with this bag. I know its not the overall lightest bag around but its definitely light enough to enjoy a walk

I would. I like it a lot more than I expected to. I'm a cart guy, and love my cart bags, but I probably use the Player III Stand as much or more than either of them. Admittedly, that's partly because it's pretty wet here and with CPO it's better to pull and carry to your ball, but still. I use it a lot. High quality, CRAZY waterproof (fabric hooded zippers and the best rain cover I think I've seen), the material wipes down easily, love the magnetic pocket, it holds a TON if you want it to, the straps are great, and on and on. It weighs about 6 lbs, which isn't bad to me for the quality you get. The one thing I'd say is that if you don't mind your clubs chattering, or use anything other than standard grips, I wouldn't recommend the 14 way in the player III stand. It's tight.
Did you ever have the stand 2.0 ?? I have the 14 way and havent had any issues

overall between my 2 bags I absolutely love them. Ill never buy another brand bag again other than these. To me it blows Stitch bags away also. The waterproof fabric is amazing and my bag still looks new after 1 year of use (granted I also clean and take care of it more than any bag ive had)

i have walked 54 holes with a glove stuck on it, and been riding around in my car. Hasn’t come off yet

That's actually a nice looking bag. Don't know the brand. Thanks.

Back