Veteran Hat: Clever or Wrong?

Really not a fan,, at all. I could see how some might think it offensive. But then who isnt offended these days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's only offensive to someone who wants to VW offended. I did 20 years and that's the least of my worries. It's obviously not trying to steal any value because the "double bogey" is very conspicuous. If the "double bogey" were subdued and tippy could only see the faux ribbons until up close, then I might have a different opinion, but in the displayed form there is zero issue with it.

I think it's funny that non-veterans apparently offended by it.

As a Vet I wouldn't wear it but I have better things to worry about than a Hat like that!

I just don't understand the fascination with phony valor.

That's in poor taste IMO. Plenty of other ways to make that same joke.

That is a cool hat if you are a veteran that plays golf, but it is not for me since I am not a veteran. It looks too similar to actual veteran hats that my dad wears with the color and ribbons for me to consider wearing. My dad wears one like pictured below and puts different pins on it, like his Cavalry pin, etc.
6DE81B83-171F-4CB9-B84B-AEAEADA3340A.jpeg

Not a fan of it. I think it’s disrespectful and unoriginal.

A Vet and not really a fan of it.

Meh. Its no less tacky or disrecpectful than the stuff I see some of these wannabe patriots wearing. (Im thinking of some of the, "Grunt Style" t-shirts) Its kind of low class though.

Disrespectful and makes light of someone's service to our country.

I'm not a fan of this hat at all.

I too think it it just short of stolen valor.

I have too much respect for our true Veterans to consider wearing one.

I think it's funny and clever. I don't believe its offensive. I mean it's a parody. That said...I wouldn't wear it.

Pretty much how I feel. I don't think it's disrespectful, but I wouldn't wear it.

I wouldn’t wear it and think it’s tacky as hell but do think it’s pretty great and funny

Its awful. Mostly in appearance to my eye but also a tacky parallel.

I want one. I think it's awesome. I'd have no problems with someone wearing it. I don't consider it disrespectful in the slightest.

I just don't understand the fascination with phony valor.

Honestly, I don't even see this as someone trying to steal valor. It's too obvious that it's fake. Even the "ribbons" are fake looking. It'd be different if there was an effort made to try to fool someone, but you'd have to be pretty ignorant to think this is legit.

Not a fan of it. I think it’s disrespectful and unoriginal.

Definitely unoriginal, but who, exactly, does it disrespect?

That is a cool hat if you are a veteran that plays golf, but it is not for me since I am not a veteran. It looks too similar to actual veteran hats that my dad wears with the color and ribbons for me to consider wearing. My dad wears one like pictured below and puts different pins on it, like his Cavalry pin, etc.

Except that it doesn't look anything like the ribbons on that hat. It was, obviously, purposely made significantly different from the ribbons on actual military veteran hats so as to be easily distinguished.

That hat was not made for a military veteran who plays golf. It was made for anyone who plays golf that is a "veteran" of the double bogey. It's simply meant to be self-deprecating. No crime was committed here.

I wonder if Applebee's would honor their discount with that hat

Except that it doesn't look anything like the ribbons on that hat. It was, obviously, purposely made significantly different from the ribbons on actual military veteran hats so as to be easily distinguished.

That hat was not made for a military veteran who plays golf. It was made for anyone who plays golf that is a "veteran" of the double bogey. It's simply meant to be self-deprecating. No crime was committed here.
I didn’t say there was a crime committed. I simply explained that it is too similar to a veteran hat that my dad wears for me to wear it. If I were a veteran that played golf, I would maybe wear it and think it was funny.

I didn’t say there was a crime committed. I simply explained that it is too similar to a veteran hat that my dad wears for me to wear it. If I were a veteran that played golf, I would maybe wear it and think it was funny.

I know. The crime comment was directed to those referring to stolen valor. I'm just saying that this hat was, obviously, intentionally made to be obviously different from the hats that we wear to display our pride in our veteran status.

I kind of put it in the same category as the "Titties" hat written in the Titleist script. Kinda funny, would never wear it, wouldn't be surprised if some found it offensive, but not offensive to me personally.

Back