Vibration dampening inserts

braveheart

Reaction score
Handicap
Can anyone tell me of their experiences with dampening inserts? I have arthritis in my fingers. I have tried some grips that seem to help but was wondering if these work well enough to at least try try them before I make the switch to using graphite shafts in my irons.

Can anyone tell me of their experiences with dampening inserts? I have arthritis in my fingers. I have tried some grips that seem to help but was wondering if these work well enough to at least try try them before I make the switch to using graphite shafts in my irons.

I tried one variety of them, I can’t remember which on it is now, but if I’m completely honest, just go to graphite. The inserts help some, but graphite is a whole different game.

tried inserts,,,, they seem to help, but now I just tightly roll an old grip (1 inch of it) and stuff it in the end...

I put a set of these into a friend’s ‘98 Hogan blades and they seemed to help a bunch so I put a set in my AP3s. I’d recommend them as a fairly cheap experiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tennis elbow for several years, arthritic fingers and shoulder. I’ve tried Pro Soft without any measurable relief. When I changed to graphite the tennis elbow went away. Now at 70, retired and hitting balls or playing 5-6 days a week year round I’m finding I need to go to a lighter graphite shaft than the 95 gram shaft. I just got fitted at Club Champion and will be going with a 70-80 gram graphite shaft. The Recoil Smacwrap shaft was designed for extra dampening.
I would also recommend Winn midsize or oversized grips for additional dampening.

I have a ligament issue in one hand so dampening is very important to me. I guess I tried an iron with dampening steel this afternoon. The shafts were definitely not as good as graphite for me for dampening. Graphite is the way to go, IMO.

I've had a right arm issue for some time now. One of the harshest shafts I used was the OG PX iron shaft. It really hurt to play golf with them. I threw some inserts in and it helped a little but not near the feeling I got with graphite shafts.

Never tried them. Actually bought a set of them 5.5 years ago to use but decided to just switch to all graphite instead.

They’ll help, the ProSofts I’ve used several times over the years. But, they’ll not be as effective as graphite, ever.

depending on the severity of your arthritis, graphite is probably your best bet. The good thing is that graphite no longer carries that stigma of an inferior product to steel.

if you want to stay with steel the current elevate 95’s have VSS built in and has vibration dampening if 75%. A lot of THPers have tried them and it has worked. I have the Elevate Tours and the VSS helps to dampen 50% and it works.

I tried one variety of them, I can’t remember which on it is now, but if I’m completely honest, just go to graphite. The inserts help some, but graphite is a whole different game.
Shaftease makes the best golf club inserts to get rid of vibration in your swing, hands down. When you don't have clubs with pre-installed vibration dampening inserts or don't want to spend the money this is the best aftermarket insert and really simple to install yourself. Converted a set of irons in minutes. Added no noticeable weight. Finally I can swing without pain.

Shaftease makes the best golf club inserts to get rid of vibration in your swing, hands down. When you don't have clubs with pre-installed vibration dampening inserts or don't want to spend the money this is the best aftermarket insert and really simple to install yourself. Converted a set of irons in minutes. Added no noticeable weight. Finally I can swing without pain.

Tried those. Can’t say they made a ton of difference, but sore right elbow and wrist has been ongoing for almost a year already. Decided to just pull the DG X-100’s and go to graphite.

Tried pro soft, shaftease (from Amazon), and the vss shafts. They made a modest difference, but time caught up with me. Graphite and a bionic golf glove significantly reduces wrist and elbow pain. Today’s graphite shaft is very different from 20 years ago.

My only experience with vibration dampening inserts is with the Prosoft inserts that I put into the KBS Tour V wedge shafts that I installed in a set of Corey Paul wedge heads. Paired with the SuperStroke midsize Traxion wrap grips and they feel really good to me.

I tried some pro inserts,,, now I just stuff about an inch and a half of foam flooring into the ends,

I have prosoft and they've made a little difference. true vibration dampening happens with graphite.

if I knife one on a cooler day, i still feel it with the prosofts.

Shoved 3" pieces of 3/8" backer rod down the shafts of a set of Eye 2's. Noticeable difference. Yes. Enough to relieve the problems with 75 year old joints and 200+ rounds/year. Nope! Will be moving to graphite before next season.

Shoved 3" pieces of 3/8" backer rod down the shafts of a set of Eye 2's. Noticeable difference. Yes. Enough to relieve the problems with 75 year old joints and 200+ rounds/year. Nope! Will be moving to graphite before next season.
Could i use a rubber stopper/cork?

Could i use a rubber stopper/cork?
Nope. Not enough to make a substantial difference. What’s the hesitation to moving to graphite? There are tons of quality graphite iron shafts out there that are at least as consistent and accurate as steel, if not more so. And if they help you play golf pain free, there should be no reason not to move to them.

Back