TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Reaction score
Handicap
5.3 (WHS)
I did a quick search for threads but didn't find anything recent other than the gold limited edition thread

I usually play the Chromesoft X ball but have also played the TP5x at times and enjoy how they both perform, and last weekend I found a Vice Pro so I decided to give it a try and played best part of 18 holes with it before I managed to lose it (operator error and not the balls fault)

It felt good off all clubs to me, and although I can't say for definite how it reacts around the green due to the extreme wet weather it looked to hold up fairly well. Doing some digging it seems to be in the general range of the CSX and TP5x in terms of compression so I am tempted to give them a try next year once the weather improves and I can compare them to my usual ball on my home course where I know what to expect

I also have the CSX TT but I haven't had time to play it in decent conditions to know how it compares to the CSX

Does anyone still play the Vice balls? I had a look online at the pricing and obviously you have to buy a minimum of 6 dozen, but for the price it certainly seems like a good option so I was wondering if anyone still uses them and had any feedback ?

the pro plus would be more similar to the typical "x" balls...tp5x, prov1x, chromesoftx

Pro is the softer version .. pro v1, tp5 etc...

They're not terrible balls but I found them to scuff very easily. The covers aren't great.... IMO youre better off with a Taylormade Project A or Srixon q-star for the same price

the pro plus would be more similar to the typical "x" balls...tp5x, prov1x, chromesoftx

Pro is the softer version .. pro v1, tp5 etc...

They're not terrible balls but I found them to scuff very easily. The covers aren't great.... IMO youre better off with a Taylormade Project A or Srixon q-star for the same price

According to the information I had found, the Pro Plus was the lower compression ball of the two?
I might give the test pack a try and see how they compare, I just don't want to spend money on that many to find I don't really like them

As for the alternatives you suggest, I found them to feel absolutely horrible to me

Price isn't the issue, but if I could have found something that feels and performs similar to the CSX I currently play (and I did not find that with the Project A or AD333) then I would consider changing, but I am not changing to something that doesn't perform for me just to save some money

According to the information I had found, the Pro Plus was the lower compression ball of the two?
I might give the test pack a try and see how they compare, I just don't want to spend money on that many to find I don't really like them

As for the alternatives you suggest, I found them to feel absolutely horrible to me

Price isn't the issue, but if I could have found something that feels and performs similar to the CSX I currently play (and I did not find that with the Project A or AD333) then I would consider changing, but I am not changing to something that doesn't perform for me just to save some money

wow just checked. I would not have guessed the pro to be firmer than the pro plus. That probably explains why the pro was better for me. I hated the pro plus... maybe try the Snell MTB-x also?? I played that for 2 months and liked it before settling into Bridgestone B XS

I guess the question would be what are you looking for performance wise?? the CSX is softer compression than both vice balls but spins less

Have you tried Snell golf balls? My friends (a scratch and 3.2) both swear by them. I played Saturday with them and hit their new MTB-X. It carried farther than a Pro V1 or 1x. If say 10 yds or so off the driver. Not sure about the irons. The green side spin and feel was great. My friends did say that they both said that they prefer the regular MTB. The feel it spins a touch less around the greens. They both spun a number of shots of the greens, which is rare for them. I think they are 32.99 a dozen but if you buy 6 boxes they give you a discount. I really liked playing with them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

wow just checked. I would not have guessed the pro to be firmer than the pro plus. That probably explains why the pro was better for me. I hated the pro plus... maybe try the Snell MTB-x also?? I played that for 2 months and liked it before settling into Bridgestone B XS

I guess the question would be what are you looking for performance wise?? the CSX is softer compression than both vice balls but spins less

I am just looking at other options that perform similar to the CSX, but if I can save myself some money by buying in bulk when I find something I like then it would be daft not to look into it
It was just by chance that I found the Pro ball last weekend and when playing the holes I did, I quite liked how it performed so was looking at the possibility of giving them a decent try

Have you tried Snell golf balls? My friends (a scratch and 3.2) both swear by them. I played Saturday with them and hit their new MTB-X. It carried farther than a Pro V1 or 1x. If say 10 yds or so off the driver. Not sure about the irons. The green side spin and feel was great. My friends did say that they both said that they prefer the regular MTB. The feel it spins a touch less around the greens. They both spun a number of shots of the greens, which is rare for them. I think they are 32.99 a dozen but if you buy 6 boxes they give you a discount. I really liked playing with them.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I haven't tried Snell, but am I right in thinking that these are online order only? I will look into the options and see if there is a way I can get hold of a small number to try and see how they compare

I haven't tried Snell, but am I right in thinking that these are online order only? I will look into the options and see if there is a way I can get hold of a small number to try and see how they compare

You are correct. I picked up a dozen for £29.99 from the UK store a couple of months ago. Think the price drops to around £27 per dozen if you buy 6 or more.

I think they're a great ball. On the rare occasion I make it through 18 with the same ball I've not noticed a mark on them.

I am just looking at other options that perform similar to the CSX, but if I can save myself some money by buying in bulk when I find something I like then it would be daft not to look into it
It was just by chance that I found the Pro ball last weekend and when playing the holes I did, I quite liked how it performed so was looking at the possibility of giving them a decent try

They are online only, but you can purchase just a 12 pack. They do sell a "tester" 12 pack, it looks to be 6 MTB Black and 6 MTB-X. for $32.99 (w/ free 2 day shipping).

I'm actually thinking about selling all my Pro V's and AVX's that I have and switching over to Snell's.

wow just checked. I would not have guessed the pro to be firmer than the pro plus. That probably explains why the pro was better for me. I hated the pro plus...

I had the same results and assumed the same on which was firmer. I thought maybe the Pro Plus just spun way too much or something. But it was a club shorter for me than ball I'd typically play (Pro V1x, TP5x, etc.)

I had the same results and assumed the same on which was firmer. I thought maybe the Pro Plus just spun way too much or something. But it was a club shorter for me than ball I'd typically play (Pro V1x, TP5x, etc.)

Exactly!!!! I never bothered with launch monitors numbers but yes the pro plus was at least 1 club shorter. Drives didn't seem to have the same length either

and I cant say I noticed great short game spin either assuming it was a high spinning ball

I've played Vice Pro for some time now - bought the 5 dozen or so. I like their marketing and ball colours (loved the lime green). Love the alignment mark on the ball as well - a solid line. But the positives I have with the ball are mostly aesthetic. I found them to spin decently well holding the green. Chipping and pitching as good too but I had a lot of issues with spin off the tee with Driver and woods.

I now play Srixon Z-Star XVs and I find them a bit longer and straighter. Greenside perf. isnt' compromised either. Have had excellent results with TP5X and ProV1s but the latter being generally out of my budget. I donated the last few sleeves of Vice Pros to my kid.

Was it one of my you found?
I play the Vice Pro plus predominantly in the neon but also in white. They feel and perform much like the Pro V1 but considerably cheaper £1.79 per ball. As others have said they can scuff easily but I can play multiple rounds without any ill effects especially if I don’t visit bunkers. I will not play another ball because at the price they are hard to beat. Service from Germany is good and customer service is excellent. I’ve also tried their neon bamboo tees.

I recently picked up a dozen of the Vice Tour's and for the price was pleasantly surprised. It was what I would consider a nice budget golf ball. Played well but did not knock my socks off by any means. Over the last handful of years my playing ability has gotten much worse as I have not been playing near as much. I have been on the hunt for a ball that is fun to play but will not make me cry if a I loose a sleeve in the drink.

I found the covers to be more durable than the Bridgestone balls I have played recently but not as durable as the Callaway or Titliest stuff.

The Vice golf balls check all the boxes just do not have the wow factor that Pro V1's or Chrome Softs have for me.

I may try a slightly softer ball than the Tours but will most likely move on to the next flavor of the week golf ball.

CCW

Was it one of my you found?
I play the Vice Pro plus predominantly in the neon but also in white. They feel and perform much like the Pro V1 but considerably cheaper £1.79 per ball. As others have said they can scuff easily but I can play multiple rounds without any ill effects especially if I don’t visit bunkers. I will not play another ball because at the price they are hard to beat. Service from Germany is good and customer service is excellent. I’ve also tried their neon bamboo tees.

That depends on whether or not you have been playing the Vice Pro and been to Aldwark Manor recently.....

I think I might give the test pack a try and see how things go, but it could be hard to change from the Chromesoft X I have played most of this year

Back