Video Analysis of Putting

Chris Blake

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Guys,
I was just wondering if anyone here has ever used video analysis for your putting stroke and putting overall? Now that we are into rain-season here in the Northeast, I've had some quality time working on the putter and thought about using one of my tablets to video the putt stroke and see what I am doing....

Yes. I have working with a putting instructor and done some video analysis. It is primarily to look at basic things like posture, hand position, eye position, and stroke bias.

Since putting is so personal and there are many approaches that work, I think you need something more than just video. Since the putting stroke is so small, there isn't a lot of variation and it is difficult if not impossible to pick up the the necessary information from video.

I played a little with a swingbyte 2 to analyze my putting; I need to learn to understand the numbers.

If I could do anything, I would use a SAM Puttlab for putting analysis. Try to find someone that has on in your area. Will tell you everything about your stroke.

Back