Viktor Hovland at BMW PGA

thommo.sx

Frosty treacherous wretch
Reaction score
Handicap
Not doing himself any harm at all shooting 2 rounds in the 60s at Wentworth while playing with Ryder skipper Harrington. Unlike some of the other wunderkinden, he doesn't look like his swing is putting any undue strain on his body for those extra few yards. He's basically in with the same shout as all the other Europeans to make the Ryder Cup team (the points start at this event).

Reckon he'll make it? Or will the realities and the depth quality of the tour mean it's a little soon for him?

Personally, I reckon he's got a great shout.

I believe that’s now 19 consecutive rounds in the 60s?! He is a special player and by all accounts a great kid. I hope he makes it. He’s got the game.

Because it’s Paddy, I could see him getting a pick. He was gushing about his game the other day though he does wish he’d play more Euro events than he’s planning iirc

I think he makes it. He has a good head on his shoulders and seems ready to tackle the tour.

A lot can happen in twelve months . I watched him at Augusta and he looked very good. I think he has a big future and he seems fearless.

There are five automatic spots on the world list and four on European Tour list. Getting one of the five would be tough, and he is not expecting to play much in Europe, so he will probably depend on a pick. If he is next in line , he should get a pick, but if there are three ahead of him, it will depend on the number of rookies on the team. 2016 had too many rookies so it was difficult not to pick experience.

Paddy wants to pick him, but the strongest team to win it is his first priority.

Back