Viktor Hovland sets record straight rounds in the 60's

CBaker

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Viktor Hovland just shot a -3 in the first round of The CJ Cup to post his 18th straight round in the 60's...

18th. straight. round.

Thinking of crazy records on Tour, this is the most since they started keeping track in 83. Can he keep it going today? How good is this kid going to be?

Edit: Of his 25 rounds as an official pro on the PGA tour, only 4 were outside of the 60's. Those scores? 70-70-71-73. This kid has been unbelievably consistent.

Updated streak: 19

Last edited:
This is downright crazy IMO. When you look at how many greats have come through in that time. Quite the accomplishment.

That is solid golf!!!!! He should have a great life in golf.

I didn't realize he'd been that consistent. That's a crazy streak.

Pretty remarkable feat.

Wow! at 22 years old

kids a machine. good for him!

that is crazy impressive.

The craziest part to me - since they started recording this stat, it spans Phil and Tiger's entire careers. Two of the winning-est players of all time, and here comes ol Vik to set the record.

Very impressive!!!

He is great to watch. It will be cool watching him win soon. I bet he gets into the low 20's for rounds in the 60's.

And people here were trying to tell me Matt Wolff is the better player...Viktor is going to do big things. I think in the end he will be the best player of that rookie class.

I heard commentators mention it several in previous events but didn’t know it got that high or that it is a new record. So impressive! He’s fun to watch too, great swing.

Well that didn’t go as planned.

fell apart on that back 9 to end the streak. New record at 19 though is crazy

The craziest part to me - since they started recording this stat, it spans Phil and Tiger's entire careers. Two of the winning-est players of all time, and here comes ol Vik to set the record.

Makes you wonder why he hasn't won yet.

And people here were trying to tell me Matt Wolff is the better player...Viktor is going to do big things. I think in the end he will be the best player of that rookie class.

I guess we'll know in 40 years. It'll be fun to follow, for sure.

Just for good order, in the middle of that PGA only streak, he posted 69/69/70/70 at the BMW PGA at his first time at Wentworth on the European Tour as well.

Definitely looks a player(y)

Back