Vinyl Collectors?

I have a few but I wouldn't call myself a collector. Definitely 100% on board that vinyl sounds WAY better though. Listening to the recently re-released Opeth classic Blackwater Park vinyl special edition I heard SO many details I had never heard before.

I have a few but I wouldn't call myself a collector. Definitely 100% on board that vinyl sounds WAY better though. Listening to the recently re-released Opeth classic Blackwater Park vinyl special edition I heard SO many details I had never heard before.
Man I love that record (and Opeth) soooo much. Have an unopened copy of the 2016? reissue in my collection. Matter of fact, the only releases I don't have are Damnation/Deliverance which I had in my hands in 2017 but balked at paying $45. Now that release is going for $165+ on discogs. One of these days.... I mean I waited 30 years for a decent copy of the first 2 Fate albums, I can wait for this. Currently, that's my grail album. One I'm still willing to pay $50-60 bucks for. First thing I look for at any store I visit. Then it's a first press of High n Dry, Anathema's Hindsight, and Sepultura's schizophrenia. Course if I run across a Bathory Yellow Goat....but that's less likely than an albatross.

This is going to be hard to believe, seeing that I still play Ping Eye 2’s, but I love vinyl! There’s just something amazing to me that sound, because of a needle scratching through a groove, comes out like it does! I know, it’s no more amazing that CDs or just through the air, but the vinyl grooves are just cool! 😂👍

I have a couple hundred various albums, got my son some Beatles albums to start his collection! My first album ever purchased, Eagles - Hotel California, still have it! I have an older Sony Stereo system with a dual Cassette player...love me some vinyl!
Something special about watching the record spin and the stylus tracking along while the room is filled with music.

Love my music be it vinyl or CD or streaming. First LP bought was JOHN COLTRANE: ‘GIANT STEPS’ (LP, 1959 )and a really rare 1958 The Quarrymen; That'll Be the Day . And then Yardbirds LP's and Beatles LP's.

Seems I'm always looking for new (old) vinyl to buy. I've been on a Guess Who kick lately, found a couple good old ones recently.

Once of the place I check has a guy selling cards. He has a graded Seve signature that he's reduced to $65, I'm leaning on grabbing it to have it framed with a photo.

I need some new vinyl in my life, I may have to go back and grab the 5150 I found on my last record store visit (I didn't as I already had some and thought $45 was a tad steep)

I think it’s funny when people say that vinyl sounds better than digital. In rare cases it might be true but, in most all cases, vinyl reissues are made from digital masters. At different points in time, there were bad releases on CD that didn’t sound good but it’s been a very long time since any record was made that wasn’t recorded digitally.

I think it’s funny when people say that vinyl sounds better than digital. In rare cases it might be true but, in most all cases, vinyl reissues are made from digital masters. At different points in time, there were bad releases on CD that didn’t sound good but it’s been a very long time since any record was made that wasn’t recorded digitally.
This is why I look for original or second run pressings

You mean there’s another thread where I can show off my aversion to having money?

At least this hobby is a tax write off for me.
IMG_2208.jpeg

Back