Vinyl Collectors?

I probably have 250 - 300 LP's, stored in the broom closet. They are all from the 60's (early Beatles) thru the later 70's. Haven't listened to any in years, but I still have a turntable and could set it up to play. Beatles, Blondie, Little Feat, Cars, America, Deep Purple...

I’ve had the itch again lately. Been hunting some pieces once more and enjoying them in the evenings. I adore vinyl.

I’ve had the itch again lately. Been hunting some pieces once more and enjoying them in the evenings. I adore vinyl.
I need to get a new RCA cable. Thanks for the reminder! Anything in particular you’re looking at, or just wanting to add to the collection?

That’s usually one of the things I enjoy doing when I go to larger centres - perusing the local record store. Found a mint copy of Led Zeppelin IV that way... which was promptly forgotten in a rental car.

I need to get a new RCA cable. Thanks for the reminder! Anything in particular you’re looking at, or just wanting to add to the collection?

That’s usually one of the things I enjoy doing when I go to larger centres - perusing the local record store. Found a mint copy of Led Zeppelin IV that way... which was promptly forgotten in a rental car.
I’ve been on an Avett Brothers kick and trying to add some early stuff to my collection. I’ve got so many classic albums most of my adds recently have been more modern releases. Although I did nab a Ray Charles re-issue a while back that is amazing

I’ve been on an Avett Brothers kick and trying to add some early stuff to my collection. I’ve got so many classic albums most of my adds recently have been more modern releases. Although I did nab a Ray Charles re-issue a while back that is amazing
I’ve been noticing a lot of newer stuff being released on LP - I like it!
And actually some re-releases too. The next one is Rodriguez - Cold Fact. It’s coming out near the end of this month!

Got these for Christmas, Pioneer SX-424 stereo receiver with a Realistic Lab-2200 Linear Tracking turntable and a pair of Pioneer HPM-40 speakers.

Not a collector as such, really wanted to collect Tool vinyl for the limited edition artwork. Been picking up remastered vinyl when something interesting catches the eye.

Attachments

• 20210105_135200.jpg
    20210105_135200.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210105_135218.jpg
    20210105_135218.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 6
Got these for Christmas, Pioneer SX-424 stereo receiver with a Realistic Lab-2200 Linear Tracking turntable and a pair of Pioneer HPM-40 speakers.

Not a collector as such, really wanted to collect Tool vinyl for the limited edition artwork. Been picking up remastered vinyl when something interesting catches the eye.
I like the re-releases or remastered stuff as well. That way I can listen and not worry that I’m wrecking a collectors piece.

My wife got me into vinyl record collecting. We have almost 300 records at this point. My part of the collection is mostly made up of Primus, The Residents, Ween, and some of my favorite Death Metal albums from the 90s.

I’ve been noticing a lot of newer stuff being released on LP - I like it!
And actually some re-releases too. The next one is Rodriguez - Cold Fact. It’s coming out near the end of this month!
Makes sense. With download speeds and data power streaming higher quality than CD is easily possible. No reason to buy in that format at all.

Started buying albums back in 1977 when they were around $7/ea. Have around 350 in my collection and was OCD about keeping them clean and stored properly. They are all A to A+ condition and still sound great. First album of Aerosmith, Boston, Prince, to name a few.
Buddy and me had a DJ service in high school so still have some of that equipment as well. Break it all out from time to time for a reminiscing session.

I grew up with vinyl and started buying albums in about 1970 When you could get new releases for $2.50-$3.00. Because I had them way back when, I don’t have the same affection for them now as a lot of those who are into it now do. Having to handle them so gently, cleaning them, and turning them over every 20 minutes makes listening to them quite an effort compared to pushing a few buttons on my phone to send the sound to my system and able to choose between a thousand albums without getting out of my chair. My hearing isn’t as good as it used to be so I miss some of the very subtle differences between vinyl and digital copies. I also don’t miss the inevitable clicks and pops. I sold off and gave away about half my collection, including several collectibles. Just gave away my jukebox that played 45’s too. I still have my Technics SL1100 with a Shure V15 cartridge from back in the day. I copied all my vinyl first on to cassettes when cassettes became high fidelity, then copied them to CD’s and now onto digital files that reside on my phone so that few of the albums I own have ever been played more than a handful of times.

Lately been looking at getting a turntable again. Have a decent collection with my dad's old vinyls (think Cream, Beatles, etc.), bunch of 90s rap (NWA, Eric & Rakim, Public Enemy, Young MC, etc.), and a lot of 80's stuff (Mötley Crüe, Poison, Def Leppard, Michael Jackson, Billy Idol, Bon Jovi, Madonna, etc.). Also the random newer but haven't had a working turntable for several years. I dig the process of listening to vinyl, get a few beers / whiskey and listen to the whole record and look at the cover etc.

I have some vinyl from my days of attempting to learn to scratch on turntables. That didn't work out well. I have Steve Miller Band and Beck albums somewhere too.

I went to see Joe Pug at First Ave. in Minneapolis with a friend a few years ago. The band was selling CDs and vinyls after the show. Everyone seemed to be buying vinyls. As my friend was buying a vinyl from the band I say "Wait you're buying the vinyl version? You don't have a record player." Her face turned so bright red it was hilarious.

been trying to re-collect records i've lost over the years...recently re-acquired quite a few

I need to do a better job of my evening time listening, I’ve fallen off. There’s not much more cathartic for me than that. So many good FULL albums with gems on them you just don’t ever get to by modern means.

Of anyone likes funk/soul music this is an album I highly recommend. Monophonics In Your Head.

Screenshot_20210228-084528_Chrome.jpg

Spinning the Solo soundtrack that just came in the other day.

PXL_20210228_152509090.jpg

That’s mostly what I’ve added to the collection I got from my dad. I will have to check them out.
Had tickets to finally see them live last year. Obviously that did not happen. They are going around this fall and will be in Nashville, but it's the day I get back from the Morgan cup so I can't do it again. Really hoping they go around again in 2022. Their new album "It's Only Us" has started seeping into my Pandora playlist and it's another astounding effort. It's their 4th album.

Man, I forgot how addictive this hobby is for me. The quest for the setup, the constant tweaking, the chase for the albums both new and old.

Maybe it’ll slow my club buying down. Haha

Last night I picked up three of the KoL albums as well as three Avett Brothers and a classic The Last Waltz by The Band.

Now hunting Van Morrison.

Much like golf , it’s searching for that sound , got seduced in early 83 over very good sound , had reference system for a number of years , sold the gear off , was either that or sell the kids hahaha having kids , took precedence , kept the records.🎼 Just got new gear and starting to play again

Had tickets to finally see them live last year. Obviously that did not happen. They are going around this fall and will be in Nashville, but it's the day I get back from the Morgan cup so I can't do it again. Really hoping they go around again in 2022. Their new album "It's Only Us" has started seeping into my Pandora playlist and it's another astounding effort. It's their 4th album.
a few you might enjoy after listening to monophonics this morningimage.jpg

Back