Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

When I won the course review for March, I was given a 6 pack of these balls. I used one of the UV Yellow balls today and really liked it. It was long off the tee, and man could I see that thing from a mile away!

Yes, very easy to spot from a long way off. I still have UVX3 yellow balls that I put in to play at times, great ball.

New pro soft 808
va3u2uhe.jpg

Yes. Want a few?

I've heard wonderful things about the gloves, I would also love to try the balls.

Any good?

Dunno I haven't tried them. Just saw them on their twitter feed. I know a few guys loved their balls in the past. Still love their gloves I won't use anything else.

Dunno I haven't tried them. Just saw them on their twitter feed. I know a few guys loved their balls in the past. Still love their gloves I won't use anything else.

I need some of the new ones

I need some of the new ones

I'll let you know when I place my order this year. Might be a month or 2. I still have a few to go through.

I'll let you know when I place my order this year. Might be a month or 2. I still have a few to go through.

Word. Thanks dude

I got a couple balls if some are interested in trying them.

I do love my glove

I have one of these Vision balls that a friend gave me, and I'm anxious to test it out against a comparable ball. I just don't know what would be an equivalent ball to test it against.

I have one of these Vision balls that a friend gave me, and I'm anxious to test it out against a comparable ball. I just don't know what would be an equivalent ball to test it against.

Hi VMan, Please let me know which Vision ball,,,the Gel V = Circles or Gel X = Squares plus the colour ,,,I will give you an idea. Cheers, Boz

Hi Guys,

Yes plenty of things going on with the updated range,,, the First ProSoft - 808 has been taking on a lot more
players down here that were liking the Hex Chrome or new RX or RXS 330 whilst definitely covering the NXT Tour S.

There is a 808 - RED version with a twin cover / higher compression dual density core being trialed at the moment.

I will be looking to launch a Super (non UV ) Yellow 808 version with my Test Pilot Group for extended testing during summer.

The UVEE project will be extended as I am looking a whether I can make the glow factor true night golf type or not.

The X-Grip Gloves are working a treat, I will be looking to continue to gradually dress them up better in line with the style
I believe Vision is becoming known for,,,different but interesting.

Cheers,
Boz

Hi VMan, Please let me know which Vision ball,,,the Gel V = Circles or Gel X = Squares plus the colour ,,,I will give you an idea. Cheers, Boz

Hey Boz. I have an ProSoft 808 - Green. It is a good looking ball and feels good off the putter. But, I haven't hit it yet on the course.

I got a couple balls if some are interested in trying them.

I do love my glove

I will have some to hand out to those going to Indy if they're interested.

does Vision offer one that stacks up against the high end balls? I'd love to try them out if they do. I still have enough Lethals to get me through this year (and maybe next, haha) but I'm definitely looking for a lower-cost replacement that offers similar performance. If Vision can fit that bill I'd definitely consider them for my new go-to ball

Good to hear VMan ,,,that's the beginning of my upcoming Premium ball Pro 8 Series,,,,

Hi BG,,,,I am on the path to the top tier at present,,,more info over the next few months.
The ProSoft-808 is the beginning of this process,,,Thanks for asking, Boz

I will have some to hand out to those going to Indy if they're interested.

Thanks to a very gracious offer from T0AD, I now have three brand spanking new Vision ProSoft-808 golf balls to try out! Thank you sir T0AD, very much, for sending them to me. I will be putting them into play my next time out!

One question for the thread - is there a performance/construction difference in the shapes marked on the ball, or is that just in place of a number for identification purposes?

ProSoft-808 Colour Code

ProSoft-808 Colour Code

One question for the thread - is there a performance/construction difference in the shapes marked on the ball,
or is that just in place of a number for identification purposes?[/QUOTE]

The 808 + Green signify the ball structure / complex dual density core with single cover,,,similar to Hex Chrome
but without the twin cover, the PS-808 core skin is setup to mimic a mantle,,,,,:D

Thanks also to Toad,,, great job and fully appreciated!:clapp:

Cheers
Boz

Have you got a soft compression ball similar to the Callaway Supersoft or Wilson Duo, if not what is your softest compression ball and what is it comparable to.

ProSoft - Overall Compression

ProSoft - Overall Compression

Have you got a soft compression ball similar to the Callaway Supersoft or Wilson Duo,
if not what is your softest compression ball and what is it comparable to.

Hi Dave
Thanks for the inquiry,,,,I have not yet finalised the specs on my SoSoft / HiSoft / AmSoft ? (no model name set yet)
design that will compete in this type of extreme soft category as I am happier to concentrate my design efforts on
the better all round performance type category which my new ProSoft fits into ,,,, as I still believe most players do
benefit from the greenside control (some spin) and putting distance control (some feel / more soft solid) of a Tour
like design.

To give you a better idea of the way this ball is regarded by others ,,,many woman and especially better players are
moving to the ProSoft as it gives them their best distances whilst the feel is forgiving enough and the spin levels
on partial wedges is consistent plus a putting feel "like the best" are the main comments without being too rubbery
in the cover like some lower/mid compression Tour cast urethane designs.

This ball is one of the best all round performance balls I have seen to date from any company,,,,,

Cheers,
Boz

Hi Dave
Thanks for the inquiry,,,,I have not yet finalised the specs on my SoSoft / HiSoft / AmSoft ? (no model name set yet)
design that will compete in this type of extreme soft category as I am happier to concentrate my design efforts on
the better all round performance type category which my new ProSoft fits into ,,,, as I still believe most players do
benefit from the greenside control (some spin) and putting distance control (some feel / more soft solid) of a Tour
like design.

To give you a better idea of the way this ball is regarded by others ,,,many woman and especially better players are
moving to the ProSoft as it gives them their best distances whilst the feel is forgiving enough and the spin levels
on partial wedges is consistent plus a putting feel "like the best" are the main comments without being too rubbery
in the cover like some lower/mid compression Tour cast urethane designs.

This ball is one of the best all round performance balls I have seen to date from any company,,,,,

Cheers,
Boz

Thanks for that Boz I would like to try them if they come in yellow they sound good I might try to get hold of some where would be the best place to get them here in Oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

put the ProSoft-808 into play today and it was really impressive. Perhaps most surprising was the distance I was seeing. Just as long if not perhaps a tiny bit longer than the lethal which for me is the longest ball I've played. It behaved very similar to the Lethal I usually game and I'd have no problem switching to this one when my stock of Lethals runs out. Solid offering from Vision!

Back