Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

Got out for nine today for a tune up preparing for FL. Played the article white and man I was excited to tee this sucker up..

Hole 10
Short par 4 with yards on both left and right sides. Hit a 6 iron to put it into play and it came off just as soft as my 2010 prov1s but not as soft as a penta but it was in the middle of the fairway and out 135. Hit an AW into the green threw it up in the air and used the slope for some extra backspin(got maybe 3-4 yards total) two putt for par.

Hole 11
Par 3 about a PW for me did the same thing as on 10 and hit it to the middle of the green and hit soft two putt for par. I love soft feeling balls while putting makes the sound of a well struck putt sound 10x better.

Hole 12
Another short par 4(drivable on a good shot) I hit another 6 iron up to the 100 marker and after seeing it in the rough I immediately spotted it just as white as could be easily seen. Took out my AW for a knockdown wedge and just missed right hoping for the fade that never came. Ball got buried in the thick stuff and used my 60* wedge to pop it out and the spin on it was pretty much the same as what I get out of the penta(not too much but not enough) ended up with a bogey after a 8 footer left.

Hole 13
Long par 3 missed the green short into the sand but I was happy with the flight the ball was taking on every shot. Got up and down for par after a good bunker save(a good 15 yard shot)

Hole 14
A lay up par 4 same as the 10th and hit a 5 iron due to wind and put it in the fairway. Left with about 145 and hit a 9 iron missed left with a fade of course when I didn't want one. Even on the short irons I found this ball to play just as good as a penta. Ended up with par after a lucky putt

Hole 15
Par 3 into wind(roughly 185) put it on the green with a good 7 iron but I miss hit but the ball still performed surprisingly but got away with a good oar after a good lag putt.

Hole 15
Par 5 finally got to hit driver and it was soft,well worth the wait, it went right down the middle leaving me about 190. Ball flight was alittle high but I think it was cause I dropped the shoulder and created a slight fade. Put it on the left side of the green kist missed the green but yet again this ball performed just like a penta. The course put the pin in a circus location And thankfully I actually hit a good 64* and it landed within 2 feet. Seriously I couldn't believe it. Tap in birdie.(at this point I was getting my hopes for my best 9 ever)

Hole 17
I hate this hole. Never has appealed to me and I will never like it. Its a 550ish par 5 into a wind everytime. Put my driver down the left rough and food it with no problems . Layed up at the 150. Took out a 9 iron and landed short due to hitting it fat. Chipped up and lipped out the par putt from about 6 feet.(dang)

Hole 18
Walking up to the tee I knew I needed a birdie for an even round of 36 and man did I want it. Pulled driver and knocked the russell out of it(different ball but I like the reference) hit it just off into the left rough which is a good miss since it's wide open. Found it with no problems. Drove up pin was back so the middle of the green was my target. Laying 160 with wind behind my back I pulled a half choke down and swung full. It landed soft and stuck 6 inches from the divot left with about a 12 foot putt. I hit it firm and it just walked right by it by 2 feet for a tap in par. +1

Overall..
I was very happy with the performance of the ball. Played better than I thought it would and it was easily findable. Just glad I got through 9 with it can't wait to try the other 3 types of balls I have to try. Only thing I don't like about the ball was that it different have enough spin for me or it was just that I was making enough for it to make a difference. Can't wait to play on a different course and different grass to see how the balls play.

All in all no complaints!

After that terrible round today that I posted about earlier, I went to the range to see if I could figure it out. Range session went well near the end.

After the range, I took my wedges and my remaining Vision golf balls and went to the practice green.

As I said earlier in my first post, these balls really do just get up and sit down. I had a tough time getting them to check though. However, if I was taking shots from further out I'm sure they would. There wasn't a soul on the practice green so I could take some 40 yard shots into the green, but just couldn't get them to check...still a very easy ball to control though.

Where these balls shine for me is when I just take a normal pitch shot and don't try to get to fancy and make the ball check or bite. With these balls I don't have to play for 10-15 ft of roll. I can actually throw the ball a little closer to the pin and expect it to stop.

Lastly, I can't say how much I love the durable cover on this ball. I've taken some ProVs that I've found on the course with little to no wear on them to the practice green and come away with scuffs on the balls. After the practice session, I went to the ball washer, cleaned the balls off and they looked like they did when I opened the box.

So far... very impressed.

Took the UV X3 and the white X3 out for the first time today. I was planning on doing some putting and chipping with them before I went out, but I only got a chance to putt with them before people started showing up and I knew I didn't want to get trapped behind people, so I skipped the chipping, figuring I'd have plenty of opportunities on the course.

On the practice putting green, I really liked how these rolled, and I made quite a few putts from one side of the green to the cup on the other side. Either the balls rolled better or I was hitting my putts better, I am not really sure at this point, because I didn't have time to drop my regular ball down and putt with it. But The ball was the only variable that was different than normal, so right now I am leaning toward the ball rolling better the the Srixon AD333's that I have been using. Almost every time I either made the putt or left it within tap in range.

On the course, I played two balls. One, the UV X3 and the other the plain white X3. I assume the only difference is the color,because they both played about the same. Most of the time I got these out further with my driver than normal. This could be part ball and part my swing getting better, as I am still working on the stuff I was told to do at my lesson a couple weeks ago. I have been hitting better every time out since then, so it is probably a combination of the two. Next time out I will use one of these (probably the UV version, since it is so easy to see in the air and easy to find when driving up to it) and my regular Srixon ball. But this first time out I wanted to compare the two to each other. The white seemed to be easily findable too. I know I prefer the UV ball to the white.

I hit a few trees and, of course a couple of cart paths with each ball. I took some pictures after I got home to show the scuffs, which are hard to find. I hit cart path with both balls, but there is just a slight scuff on the UV and I can't really see any on the white. They don't get marked up very bad. I had more pitch shots (I am kind of liking flopping the balls to the hole lately; I usually like to get them on the ground and running as soon as possible, but I am doing pretty good with the flop right now, so I am continuing doing that until the good goes away!) than chip shots today, and as has been mentioned, these stop pretty quickly. I had a couple that I skulled across the green (these didn't stop quickly), but I am liking flying the ball to the hole right now. I left these closer to the hole than normal, again, though, I was not comparing to my normal ball today.

Putting on the course was just like on the practice green. I usually left them within a couple of feet, but I'm still yipping from three and four feet. This ball did not completely cure that today. That's just something I gotta get out of my head, and I don't think the ball is having any effect on my yips right now. The longer putts did seem to roll better, and I love the alignment aid on it. I didn't draw my hieroglyphics on the balls today because I am not expecting to have any issues identifying my ball right now. No one else has them!

Jacqui and I are planning on golfing tomorrow morning (the afternoon is supposed to get pretty hot) and I will play the Srixon and the UV X3 and compare the two different brands tomorrow.

After one round though, I would not hesitate to play this ball regularly.

dadc93d1.jpg

40ba33a9.jpg
6f58dd54.jpg

Really good write up on your thoughts Smalls, I am looking forward to hitting one of these tomorrow with OG and KellyBo. It really seems to be a diamond in the rough as far as no one in the USA knows of this ball right now. Seems like it will be well known soon.

Hi Guys, another great range of reviews, I am really impressed by the range of stories
which I find very helpful.

Can you tell us what swing speeds these balls are best for?
Compression?

Hi Kelly, Ok good question,,,,my approach to ball fitting is a little different to the regular
format that we have all seen over these past few years from the major OEM's,, I believe
players tend to choose their gamer model by taking into account firstly the full shot and
partial shot feel of a ball and then the overall performance of that model.

That being the case I am designing the Vision balls to feel a certain way but to also then be
quite effective for a wider swingspeed range, as I believe the current swingspeed guidance
is a little tight for some models as presented by the larger OEM's.

The Gel X models are a SOFT / SOLID design that are built around a dual
density core structure that plays between a 80 to 90 traditional core compression and
depending on how well you trap your shots, meaning if you tend to slap at the ball it
will FEEL a bit firmer with that type of strike.

The Gel V models are a SOFT / SOFT design using a similar core set-up but will
play more like a 70 to 80 tradional core compression and again depending on your smash
factor will feel softer if you hit them more efficiently.

In regards to a swingspeeds guide, I will try and get hold of one of my local Oz Test Pilots
who was a Long Drive Professional until recently who is rebuilding his regular game at
present. Damien didn't think I could make a lower compression type ball design suitable
for his game but what we have learn't over the past 6 months is quite interesting,,,,anyway
if you guys are interested just let me know as it helps to understand my designs better.

I hope this gives you all a bit of a guide to what you are seeing without taling away my
surprise factor that I do believe Vision balls tend to bring to you games.

Also don't forget, Vision ball covers can be partially restored after play!

Talk more soon,
Boz.

Last edited:
Partially restored?

I am enjoying the reviews and pics and videos everyone is posting, I had to chuckle at OG's video when at the end he gave the thumbs up sign. WTG buddy. Everyone keep the reviews coming, as I am a B-330RX user for the past 2 1/2 years I am interested in how these compare to my Bridgestones.

Hope this helps. I like the B330 RX balls & use them often. When I do not have Vision X3s in the bag. I find that there is little difference between them. Can't wait to have a go at the X4s when they come out though...

Partially restored?

I am curious about this also.

Hope this helps. I like the B330 RX balls & use them often. When I do not have Vision X3s in the bag. I find that there is little difference between them. Can't wait to have a go at the X4s when they come out though...

Thanks for the response pom.

I am curious about this also.

Thanks for the response pom.

No worries. I am thoroughly enjoying the thread. Not going to say too much though as I know Boz prefers the testers to try the balls without preconceptions of how each ball should perform.

Wasn't able to get out there today with work. However, to satisfy my curiosity on the feel of the weight I did weigh them all. Surprisingly the X3 UV was the heaviest of the three I weighed (X3, X3 UV, and a ProV1). They were all within less than a gram of each other so the difference is negligible. Definitely just must have been in my head, but they do seem to feel lighter when held. :shrug:

The weigh in:

X3:
X3-white.jpg

X3 UV:
X3-uv.jpg

ProV1:
ProV1.jpg

RESTORING YOUR VISION BALL : after you play a round with a Vision you have the option to
partially restore the FlexiGel finish for your second round and due to the fact the balls are easier
to find on course this is a handy bonus.

Clean the ball with a light kitchen scouring pad and some creme cleanser and you will be able
to polish off any slight shear spots and polish up the cover plus it effectively removes stains
and imbedded dirt.

Cheers, Boz.

from page 15...for those that don't want to dig.

Actually, that wasn't so tough! haha

RESTORING YOUR VISION BALL : after you play a round with a Vision you have the option to
partially restore the FlexiGel finish for your second round and due to the fact the balls are easier
to find on course this is a handy bonus.

Clean the ball with a light kitchen scouring pad and some creme cleanser and you will be able
to polish off any slight shear spots and polish up the cover plus it effectively removes stains
and imbedded dirt.

Cheers, Boz.

EDIT: checkered beat me to it!

You guys do work quickly,,,,I am also working a better type of simple on
course cleaner that will keep the balls bright and clean during a round,
maybe something like the Ballzee will work??
:D Boz

Last edited:
These are really peaking my interest....I may have to order some up and give em a run myself!

Dawgdaddy, Ole Gray and I are about to go give these balls a spin for 18 holes. I have two balls I am holding back because I love them so much so far that I might use them in a 3 day tournament I will be playing week after next. I hope I don't lose any today!!!

I'm really enjoying the interaction from Boz here! Thanks for answering our questions along the way.

p.s. I'm glad I bought a Ballzee last week. I'll have to try it out today. Here's a link if you don't know what I'm talking about. http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/ballzee-golf-ball-cleaner.html

I'll be headin that way in about 15 minutes KB, looking forward to giving the Vision a try. See you in a few, and yes I put a special package in the car for OG.

What have we here. A package arrived today whilst I was on the course
964dfe3a.jpg

Looks like I got the X3 and UV X3
d3a96408.jpg

Back of Boxes
d927dabe.jpg

Will be very strange playing a yellow ball
9cf9ebcc.jpg

More to come once I have done some putting and chipping. Initial impressions are that the balls do feel very soft and comparable to the balls that I currently play

Thanks to THP and Vision Golf for the opportunity to test these. I fully plan on using on of the white balls next Wednesday when I next tee it up.

Last edited:
I loss my last UV:X3 on a par three shot over water :banghead::crying: however DawgDaddy did get to test one of these balls today. I know one hole in particular he lobbed a wedge shot up that stopped within one foot of the hole for a tap in birdie with this ball. More to come from DawgDaddy later with his personal thoughts on this ball.

I loss my last UV:X3 on a par three shot over water :banghead::crying:

I bet I know what hole that was! :bad:

Did you guys get that apocalyptic rain storm we got down here?

I have a question for Vision

The X3 have straight flight dimples, do you have to line the ball up in any way off the tee like you do with some of the other balls that offer straight flight dimples?

I bet I know what hole that was! :bad:

Did you guys get that apocalyptic rain storm we got down here?

Nope but it was a misty light rain type day all morning which is another plus for the UV:X3 balls! They really stand out well on the wet, overcast, and miserable weather type days :thumb:

Back