Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

I would like to thank :thp: and Vision golf once again for this opportunity.

I have fallen in love with the Vision X3. Today is a sad day as I have lost my final X3 in the water.

This has been hands down the best golf ball I have ever hit. I need to find where these balls can be purchased as I will be buying them by the dozens. The feel from the driver to the putter is like no other! The oversized Vision label is perfect for lining up my putts. I actually enjoy putting again! The only think I would change is to make this thing float so I do not lose any more of them. The other good thing about these balls, at least for me, is that after playing 18 holes with them I feel like I could keep playing the ball. They did not scuff up at all for me. Maybe that is because I am not hitting trees and cart paths with them?!

I highly recommend this golf ball for everyone! Great job Vision golf! You have created a terrific product that I hope to continue to play in the future!

Good to see you loved them as much as I do! I still have 4 left and I agree these are the best balls I have ever tested bar none

So who still has more than half the balls? I have all 6 thankfully!

So who still has more than half the balls? I have all 6 thankfully!

I have played 4 rounds (I think) and still have 3 + the 1 OG gave me.

I hope this isn't a skim, but where can I get these?

Yes, please find more distributors! LOL
I never did see them on that one link.

Try to contact Boz... He mentioned before about trying to get a THP trial pack together.

Definitely at least try these balls! I'm working with Boz on trying to figure out which ball should be best for me and assuming everything goes as planned, I'll be making a permanent switch. I never expected to come out liking the Vision Balls as much as I did...

Try to contact Boz... He mentioned before about trying to get a THP trial pack together.

Definitely at least try these balls! I'm working with Boz on trying to figure out which ball should be best for me and assuming everything goes as planned, I'll be making a permanent switch. I never expected to come out liking the Vision Balls as much as I did...

The X3 sounds very interesting to me from what I've read here.

I'm still hoping that JB or GG will find Russell at Grand Cypress. :sad:

I'm sure OG and I would buy more!

I'm still hoping that JB or GG will find Russell at Grand Cypress. :sad:

I'm sure OG and I would buy more!

Yep we are going to have to follow up on this product. It is truly a ball (UV:X3 for me) that meets all my standards for top notch performance. I think it would be really cool to have Russell on a few of the X3 balls. He's just too cute :thumb:

For those in the US: Well, due to the great reviews for this ball, I contacted the US distributor for Vision balls (SMT Golf) and was able to get some pricing info. I don't think that I saw pricing noted in the thread. Shipping isn't included but I did ask what the cost was for shipping to SF, Calif. and it would be $10.75. A little on the high side for me anyway. I'm still deciding how much I want to try these.

UV- 25.95 ea dozen
AW-25.95 ea dozen
X2-31.95 ea dozen

12 dozen balls
UV 22.50
AW 19.00
UV 19.00

They don't have their website set up for direct purchase but they said it can be done via email or phone... and no, I don't work for either Vision or SMT!!

For those in the US: Well, due to the great reviews for this ball, I contacted the US distributor for Vision balls (SMT Golf) and was able to get some pricing info. I don't think that I saw pricing noted in the thread. Shipping isn't included but I did ask what the cost was for shipping to SF, Calif. and it would be $10.75. A little on the high side for me anyway. I'm still deciding how much I want to try these.

UV- 25.95 ea dozen
AW-25.95 ea dozen
X2-31.95 ea dozen

12 dozen balls
UV 22.50
AW 19.00
UV 19.00

They don't have their website set up for direct purchase but they said it can be done via email or phone... and no, I don't work for either Vision or SMT!!

So, a dozen of the X2 would be 31.95 + the S&H? That's not bad if they are spinny like a Tour ball. Very comparable.

Right, just back from my evening round. Tonight was the first time that I was able to put one of the Vision balls in play.
I was sent the X3 and the UV X3 balls to test. I never use any balls other than white so naturally I chose the X3 for tonight's round.

I had hoped to be able to do some chipping and putting before today to get a feel for how the ball reacts around the green, sadly I didn't get chance to do this so I went to the course blind so to speak.

I spent 10 minutes on the putting green prior to teeing off to try to get a general feel of the ball and how it comes off the putter's face. The ball feels harder than what I usually game and makes a noticeable clicking noise when leaving the putter's face.

Tee Game - 3 Woods
Off to the first tee and the 3 wood comes out of the bag. I usually hit a fade from the tee so I set up on the left side of the tee and aimed down the left hand side of the fairway. Low and behold my first shot with the ball ends up being a slight draw. Got a great height and shape on the shot but sadly it ended up underneath a bush just of the fairway.
2nd tee and again I hit a slight draw. Something funny going on here for me as I never draw the ball and usually hit a fade on every shot.
4th tee - Draw down the middle
6th tee - Draw to the left semi rough
7th tee - First fade of the day from the tee, again got a nice height
8th tee - Fade again, boomed a 3w 280 yards onto the green. Really pleased with this shot
10th tee - Block out right but got a good bounce.
12th tee - Dead straight down the left hand side
13th tee - Poor shot, out of the heel, a fairway runner
14th tee - Back to a draw
15th tee - Fade to the middle of the fairway
16th tee - Draw around the corner, first time I have ever hit a draw on this hole
18th tee - Fade to the right hand semi rough

As I said I never hit a draw and am not sure if the ball is promoting one or not, this is something that I will need to work out and plan on seeing what happens next time out.
The draw could be a result of the straight flight dimples as it may be attempting to straighten out my fade.
What I will say though is that this ball really does seem to perform into the wind. I didn't appear to loose much distance at all when playing into the wind, usually played the same club as I would have done if there was no wind.

Short Game
Not really sure what to say about the performance with the wedges around the green. As I have said I was hoping to get out and practice with the balls before tonight's round so that I had an idea of how the ball would react for me. It also probably didn't help that I was gaming brand new wedges for the first time as well.

I had plenty of opportunities to hit my 52 and 56* wedges tonight from 70 yards and in. What I will note is that on the fuller shots I did not see the ball spin back at all. It did however appear to sit down and check up quite quickly.

On shots around the green I appeared to get far more roll out than what I usually see with my normal ball. Not really sure that I like this at the moment as I prefer to throw the ball closer to the hole and let the ball check up quickly for me. With the X3 I was having to reduce the carry and let the ball roll out more, it took me a fair few holes before I was able to adjust to this. Hopefully with some practice I will get used to this and be able to work the ball a lot better.

Putting
As I have said I spent 10 minutes on the putting green before teeing off to get a feel for the ball. To be honest at the moment I do not like the way that the ball comes off the putter face. It may just be me but tonight I didn't make anything other than 2 par saves. My lag putting was not very good as I was constantly overshooting the hole. This may be down to the ball but it could just be me having an off day with the short stick. The ball definitely does not feel as soft from the putter's face as my usual ball and is noticeably louder too

Durability
I was able to play the full 18 with the one ball and to be honest I could easily get at least another 18 holes out of it before I would consider changing to a fresh ball. There are no scuffs, feathering or any sort of blemishes on the ball at all. My usual ball scuffs up quite a lot so in this respect the X3 is a better option.

Conclusion
I definitely intend to continue to game the X3 to get a feel for it. Tonight's round was just a teaser for me as not only was I using a new ball but all my clubs are essentially new as well, 2nd round for the irons and putter and 1st for the wedges.

What I will say for now is that if I had to chose between the X3 and my usual ball then my usual ball would win hands down for me at the moment. This may change after future rounds but for now for me they are nowhere close in performance. As I have said I fully intend to continue to use the X3 to get to grips with it. I just need to adjust to the way it reacts around the green

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Thechosen1,

you still enjoying them? I really cant say enough good things about these balls

I'm still enjoying all 6. Glad I was selected thanks to both vision and THP it's opened my eyes to new golf balls. For me everything has been nothing but good from these balls

Right, just back from my evening round. Tonight was the first time that I was able to put one of the Vision balls in play.
I was sent the X3 and the UV X3 balls to test. I never use any balls other than white so naturally I chose the X3 for tonight's round.

As I said I never hit a draw and am not sure if the ball is promoting one or not, this is something that I will need to work out and plan on seeing what happens next time out.
The draw could be a result of the straight flight dimples as it may be attempting to straighten out my fade.
What I will say though is that this ball really does seem to perform into the wind. I didn't appear to loose much distance at all when playing into the wind, usually played the same club as I would have done if there was no wind.

Short Game
Not really sure what to say about the performance with the wedges around the green. As I have said I was hoping to get out and practice with the balls before tonight's round so that I had an idea of how the ball would react for me. It also probably didn't help that I was gaming brand new wedges for the first time as well.

I had plenty of opportunities to hit my 52 and 56* wedges tonight from 70 yards and in. What I will note is that on the fuller shots I did not see the ball spin back at all. It did however appear to sit down and check up quite quickly.

On shots around the green I appeared to get far more roll out than what I usually see with my normal ball. Not really sure that I like this at the moment as I prefer to throw the ball closer to the hole and let the ball check up quickly for me. With the X3 I was having to reduce the carry and let the ball roll out more, it took me a fair few holes before I was able to adjust to this. Hopefully with some practice I will get used to this and be able to work the ball a lot better.

Putting
As I have said I spent 10 minutes on the putting green before teeing off to get a feel for the ball. To be honest at the moment I do not like the way that the ball comes off the putter face. It may just be me but tonight I didn't make anything other than 2 par saves. My lag putting was not very good as I was constantly overshooting the hole. This may be down to the ball but it could just be me having an off day with the short stick. The ball definitely does not feel as soft from the putter's face as my usual ball and is noticeably louder too

Durability
I was able to play the full 18 with the one ball and to be honest I could easily get at least another 18 holes out of it before I would consider changing to a fresh ball. There are no scuffs, feathering or any sort of blemishes on the ball at all. My usual ball scuffs up quite a lot so in this respect the X3 is a better option.

Conclusion
I definitely intend to continue to game the X3 to get a feel for it. Tonight's round was just a teaser for me as not only was I using a new ball but all my clubs are essentially new as well, 2nd round for the irons and putter and 1st for the wedges.

What I will say for now is that if I had to chose between the X3 and my usual ball then my usual ball would win hands down for me at the moment. This may change after future rounds but for now for me they are nowhere close in performance. As I have said I fully intend to continue to use the X3 to get to grips with it. I just need to adjust to the way it reacts around the green

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask

I found the same thing... I don't usually try to play a draw unless the shot calls for it... and I was able to draw these balls easier than any other I tried. But I have only played 2 rounds with them so I will see if that continues...

And I agree these balls are definitely firmer than the Pentas and don't spin quite as much especially greenside... but to be fair the Pentas are the softest and spinniest ball inside 100 yds I've ever played.

UV- 25.95 ea dozen
AW-25.95 ea dozen
X2-31.95 ea dozen

12 dozen balls
UV 22.50
AW 19.00
UV 19.00

I mailed them also, and got back that the shipping is what you quoted for first box, $2 each additional and FREE shipping on CASE orders.

I'm thinking a certain group of middle GA golfers should go in on something.........

I found the same thing... I don't usually try to play a draw unless the shot calls for it... and I was able to draw these balls easier than any other I tried. But I have only played 2 rounds with them so I will see if that continues...

And I agree these balls are definitely firmer than the Pentas and don't spin quite as much especially greenside... but to be fair the Pentas are the softest and spinniest ball inside 100 yds I've ever played.

Very intersting, at least it is not just me that has seen it then.

I agree about the Penta's maybe we have been spoilt by them.

I am hoping to get to grips with the X3 as I really like how it performs from the tee

So, a dozen of the X2 would be 31.95 + the S&H? That's not bad if they are spinny like a Tour ball. Very comparable.

I guess when you put it like that it's not too bad. Too bad I just bought a couple of boxes of E6's. Still on the fence!

I haven't been able to get out the last couple of days, but should be able to hit the chipping/putting greens again tomorrow. I've got 18 scheduled for this weekend. The course I'm playing will be a good test for me with these, so I'm really excited to test them there. I'm also looking forward to testing on the chipping green tomorrow knowing they're designed more to roll out a little than to be real spinny. will play my shots a little different and see how it turns out. I've been putting with them in my living room and just really love putting with the UV:X3, and I'm feeling pretty darn consistent and confident with both of them. That in itself makes me happy as I'd really been struggling with my putting, but the last couple times I've played I've been doing tons better thanks to these.

One point that I forgot to add to my first review was how the ball is great for an alignment aid when putting. I was lining the ball up using the <Vision> logo and you can clearly see if you have hit a straight putt or not just by how the logo rotates after being struck.

My first review may have come across as slightly negative, this is not what I wanted it to read like. There are aspects of the ball that I really like and some that I need to adjust too. I fully intend to continue to game these until they are unusable or lost 9which ever comes first)

Will add further thoughts after my next round which should be early next week.

One point that I forgot to add to my first review was how the ball is great for an alignment aid when putting. I was lining the ball up using the <Vision> logo and you can clearly see if you have hit a straight putt or not just by how the logo rotates after being struck.

This is hands down one of the best features when putting. I have never had more confidence putting when using this ball!

This is hands down one of the best features when putting. I have never had more confidence putting when using this ball!

I agree with this 100% the vision logo is perfect for putting

Tap tap taparoo

Not a great pic since I took it with my cell phone. I've been out practicing with my old Seemore FGP putter and Pinky this morning. I line up the same as you guys and don't need to draw a line when using these balls.

vision.jpg

Back