Visor, Ball Cap, Bucket Hat, other?

What to you prefer to wear when you play?

• Visor

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ball Cap

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Bucket Hat

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • No hat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Jmk202

Reaction score
Handicap
~10
What do you prefer and why?

I'm a visor guy most of the time, Cuz hats get a bit to hot for me most of the summer, and I have somewhat a peanut sized dome, so some hats can look weird. That after 20+ years of playing baseball :ROFLMAO:. I'd wear a bucket hat, but the wife gives me a hard time and says I need 20 more years before I can wear that.

ball cap here. my dome is weirdly shaped and i can't pull off the visor look. i also tried the bucket hat for a half season and went back to a ball cap. i think it had more to do with it being just a bit too small/tight than it actually being a bucket hat. if i could find one that a) fit well and b) i liked the looks of i would don it it an instant.

Ball cap is the only correct answer.

I've said it on other threads, but I prefer the sun protection from a good, wide and stiff brimmed, bucket hat. Don't want the skin cancer on the top of my balding head

I've said it on other threads, but I prefer the sun protection from a good, wide and stiff brimmed, bucket hat. Don't want the skin cancer on the top of my balding head
literally just googled how much UV protection hair provides.....

not to be judgmental or anything ;)
I had a much longer post originally typed out but thought people might miss the sarcasm. It had to do with visors, frosted tips, and drinking white claw.

I had a much longer post originally typed out but thought people might miss the sarcasm. It had to do with visors, frosted tips, and drinking white claw.
hahaha, fair enough. But you should know I haven't had frosted tips since the late 90's.

literally just googled how much UV protection hair provides.....
And....what did you come up with? I know for me it's not much!!!

And....what did you come up with? I know for me it's not much!!!
Well like you said is dependent on how much you got. I'm probably ok for now but probably should be aware going forward :oops: I'm definitely living on borrowed time

I voted "Other" because I didn't see an option for "Golf hat". I guess it could be considered a ball cap since golf is played with a ball, but when I think of a ball cap, I think baseball and since my caps all have golf themed logos, I couldn't rightly pick ball cap.

Did I overthink it?

I voted "Other" because I didn't see an option for "Golf hat". I guess it could be considered a ball cap since golf is played with a ball, but when I think of a ball cap, I think baseball and since my caps all have golf themed logos, I couldn't rightly pick ball cap.

Did I overthink it?

Usually rock a ball cap, but have no problems at all with a bucket hat. Typically my golf trips to Florida involve a bucket hat because my neck is beyond fried at that point in time haha.

Ball cap for me. I've worn a bucket and a straw hat in the past. But, ball cap is my go to hat.

Bucket / wide brimmed style most of the time, but will rock the ball cap as long as I remember to put sun screen on the back of my bald head so I don't look a cyclops from the back without a hat.

A good ball cap is fine.

Ball cap is my go-to. I'd probably prefer a bucket, but I can never seem to find one that fits me well. Long hair limits headwear choices. I can put it in a ponytail and pull it through the back of a ball cap, but not so much with a bucket.

Skin cancer begs to differ with your correct answer.
Lame. Use sun block. If you really want to be safe, stick to 9 holes at a time and use a cart so that you have much less exposure to the sun.

Also, sun damage is cumulative. So any damage you received before age 20 plays a large part in your chances of getting skin cancer later in life.

Lame. Use sun block. If you really want to be safe, stick to 9 holes at a time and use a cart so that you have much less exposure to the sun.

Also, sun damage is cumulative. So any damage you received before age 20 plays a large part in your chances of getting skin cancer later in life.

Thanks for the dermatological lecture!

I prefer a good ball cap, but have mixed in visors and bucket/boonie hats and likely will again. i probably should be wearing the bucket hat all the time for the sun protection.

I'd love to wear a visor but they just don't sit right on my head. I have a tiny head for a 6'-02" 220 lb guy also, and it's a constant struggle to find any ball cap that works and I do prefer ball caps on and off the course.

For the TX Summer and our Phoenix trip next month, I do have a nice Titleist floppy hat that I plan to wear.

I like the ball cap. I also like to wear the bucket hat depending on when I go out. Only problem with the bucket hat for me is the wind in Oklahoma. Doesn't afford the bucket hat to stay on very well.

Back