VOA LPGA tournament this week

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It will be at my home course this week - Old American Golf Club in The Colony, TX. Weather forecast is cold and windy. 30's to 50's for temperatures. Will be interesting to see what the ladies shoot this week. No fans will be allowed. So, will just get updates from the internet.

That wind coming off the lake will be Formidable! December golf, even in Dallas, is iffing at best....good luck to them!

Looks like a fun course. Challenging on some of the approach shots, and it doesn't baby you too start each side, that's for sure. Wind speed and direction looks like it could turn either one of those into a survive and move on situation.

Sucks about no fans. I would have gone to the Walmart Championship here this year if it had been an option.

They should still do well. Will be a good tourney.

Looks like a fun course. Challenging on some of the approach shots, and it doesn't baby you too start each side, that's for sure. Wind speed and direction looks like it could turn either one of those into a survive and move on situation.

Sucks about no fans. I would have gone to the Walmart Championship here this year if it had been an option.
With the adjacent lake, the holes can all feel like they play into the wind. The bunkers are brutal if your ball is in the front part of the bunkers. Very steep and unforgiving. If you club well and land in the proper spots on the green, birdies can be had.

I got to play Old American during Shaft Up in 2017, wind was brutal out there.

Difficult first day. Temp was 45* with 10-15 north winds, so course played tough, i believe only 9 players broke par. Charlie Hull leads after shooting a very good -3 (68), J. Kupcho and Jess Korda tied 2nd at -2, Anna Nordquist, Brittany Lang, and Gerina Pillar tied at -1. ⛳

Difficult first day. Temp was 45* with 10-15 north winds, so course played tough, i believe only 9 players broke par. Charlie Hull leads after shooting a very good -3 (68), J. Kupcho and Jess Korda tied 2nd at -2, Anna Nordquist, Brittany Lang, and Gerina Pillar tied at -1. ⛳
Interestingly, Hull played in the morning when the weather was the coldest. Well done!

Much better weather day, close to 60*, little wind, lots of sun. Scoring was much better, three tied for the lead at -4 (J. Korda, A, Nordquist, and 19 year old American rookie Yealimi Noh). A handful of others 1 or 2 shots back. ⛳

finally getting some of this in...does jess korda keep the lead today?

Fassi...you're killing me.

Did Christie Kerr flip a golf cart or something?

Last edited:
Gonna be a shootout in Texas tomorrow; Three leaders tied at -4, seven more just 1 back at -3, then 2 Swedes (Sagstrom & Nordquist) at -2. I can see any of those dozen players taking home the victory. ⛳

enjoyed watching korda fight back yesterday...

aaaand korda falls....precipitously. Stanford playing well.

currently watching these talented ladies and must say this can benefit your game. Like robots, nice, easy, smooth swings each and every one. 19 year old rookie NOH is one to watch for. Ms Stanford currently on top. Not too shabby for a 43 yr old.

currently watching these talented ladies and must say this can benefit your game. Like robots, nice, easy, smooth swings each and every one. 19 year old rookie NOH is one to watch for. Ms Stanford currently on top. Not too shabby for a 43 yr old.

love watching the effortless swings...

Angela Stanford throws down a sweet little -4(67) today and cruises to a 2 shot win at -7. The next best score today out of the top 30 was -1 (70) by several players.
So Yeon Ryu, Inbee Park, and Yealimi Noh finished tied 2nd at -5. ⛳

Back