Voice Actors, Your favorites

MichiganGripRip

Allegedly
Reaction score
Handicap
A short while ago, there was a thread about your favorite supporting actors, well I don't think voice acting gets enough credit. So, who are some of your favorite voice actors?

Mine?

Kevin Conroy
Mark Hamill
John Dimaggio
Billy West
Mel Blanc
Keith David
Tress MacNeill

A short while ago, there was a thread about your favorite supporting actors, well I don't think voice acting gets enough credit. So, who are some of your favorite voice actors?

Mine?

Kevin Conroy
Mark Hamill
John Dimaggio
Billy West
Mel Blanc
Keith David
Tress MacNeill
My all time favorite is James Earl Jones. A great voice and actor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My all time favorite is James Earl Jones. A great voice and actor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Vader, Mufasa, the Old guy from Sandlot and the King from Coming to America. Talk about range!

Billy West is the best! F Jackie!

David Attenborough
Morgan Freeman
David Keith
Mel Blanc
David Tomlinson

Seth MacFarlane great voice actor and sings like a old crooner. Love him!

In video games, Nolan North and Troy Baker. The amount of characters they’ve played is unreal

Mine?

Kevin Conroy
Mark Hamill
John Dimaggio
Billy West
Mel Blanc
Keith David
Tress MacNeill

Absolutely hit the nail on the head with these picks

Kevin Conroy as Batman and Mark Hamil as Joker are classics. I hate when I hear their roles played by anyone else in animation.

Two of my favorites not mentioned
Frank Oz because my love of the muppets
Hank Azaria for the Simpsons.

Morgan Freeman or Kevin Spacey jump to mind

Sam Elliot has a great voice
David Attenborough for documentaries

Sam Elliot has a great voice
David Attenborough for documentaries
Attenborough is a choice I didn't think of, if we expand this to narration, he and Degrasse-Tyson come to mind.

In video games, Nolan North and Troy Baker. The amount of characters they’ve played is unreal
Almost 300 credits between the two of them or something like that, right?

Almost 300 credits between the two of them or something like that, right?
767 total (I had to IMDb. I promise I didn't know that off the top of my head). I don't know how many of those are from video games but I would guess that at least 3/4 of them are

Last edited:
767 total (I had to IMDb. I promise I didn't know that off the top of my head). I don't know how many of those are from video games but I would guess that at 3/4 of them are
Easily, definitely the voices of my gaming experiences for the better part of the last 20 years.

Kristen Shaal
H. Jon Benjamin
Brendan Small
Billy West
Dana Snyder
Werner Herzog (if he counts)

Saw Mel Blanc on my way down here, and that is a given, but I was thinking Vincent Price for the Grinch and Tom Hanks as Woodie

Peter Cullen
Frank Welker
Frank Oz
Billy West

Wow! No love for Rob Paulsen here? I was randomly paired up with him (we both were walking singles) on the course a few years back. I didn't know who he was by his face. We made it through 4 or 5 holes before he asked me what I did. We talked about my career in the industry for a bit before I had the chance to reciprocate the question. He simply said "oh, I'm an actor."

I'm not going to lie, I rolled my eyes a bit - as I meet so many people here who say that. So I asked the obligatory next question "Have you done anything I would know?"

The conversation after that went as follows:

Rob: I do a lot of voice work.
Space Bandito: Oh cool. I've always respected the craft. So what would I know you from?
Rob: Did you watch cartoons as a kid?
Space Bandito: Of course!
Rob: Do you remember Pinky and the Brain?
Space Bandito: Hell yeah! I love that show!
Rob (in fully Pinky voice: ) Well, I'm Pinky!

Then in my head I was like "holy s*h*t, you're Rob Paulsen!"

This guy has done SOOOO much.

The rest of the round was the time of my life. It was like reliving my childhood with such a fantastic person. We chatted for a bit after the round as well. I'll never forget it.

I work around movie stars and musicians and other famous folk all the time. I'm used to it. I don't want to say I was star struck with Mr. Paulsen, but I was a bit gushy - All of those great memories that he brought to life made me so happy.

Last edited:
John DiMaggio is one of my all time favorites. When he called an inning of a Dodgers game along side Vin Scully as Bender, I couldn't hide my smile.

Maurice LeMarche is also among the best.

Billy West
Rob Paulson
Maurice LaMarche

Here is another great billy west Stern bit.

#1 in my book is Casey Kasem
Mel Blanc
Vincent Price

Wow! No love for Rob Paulsen here? I was randomly paired up with him (we both were walking singles) on the course a few years back. I didn't know who he was by his face. We made it through 4 or 5 holes before he asked me what I did. We talked about my career in the industry for a bit before I had the chance to reciprocate the question. He simply said "oh, I'm an actor."

I'm not going to lie, I rolled my eyes a bit - as I meet so many people here who say that. So I asked the obligatory next question "Have you done anything I would know?"

Space Bandito: Oh cool. I've always respected the craft. So what would I know you from?

The rest of the round was the time of my life. It was like reliving my childhood with such a fantastic person. We chatted for a bit after the round as well. I'll never forget it.

I work around movie stars and musicians and other famous folk all the time. I'm used to it. I don't want to say I was star struck with Mr. Paulsen, but I was a bit gushy - All of those great memories that he brought to life made me so happy.

That is freakin cool as heck. I too would have been jaw dropped like WAIT WAIT WHAT.

Billy Zane and Morgan Freeman both have done voice over work and both are very distinct voices.

Alright, that's pretty awesome.

Back