Review Voice Caddie L4 Rangefinder

Or a simple magnet case.
I had great use out of the Precision Pro magnet. I had way less success with the Bushnell magnet.

I can’t echo this enough. The magnet on the Pro XE killed all my faith in magnets as it didn’t quite “bite” as advertised. After watching it fall off once and slide down the rail on a separate occasion, I was done trusting it.

I can’t echo this enough. The magnet on the Pro XE killed all my faith in magnets as it didn’t quite “bite” as advertised. After watching it fall off once and slide down the rail on a separate occasion, I was done trusting it.

Mine fell off when I went over a small bridge and bounced on the bridge several times and was lucky enough it didnt fall in the water.
I had no issue with the Precision Pro magnet on that same bridge, but with others I just use a case that has a magnet in it, but honestly usually keep it in the cupholder.

Mine fell off when I went over a small bridge and bounced on the bridge several times and was lucky enough it didnt fall in the water.
I had no issue with the Precision Pro magnet on that same bridge, but with others I just use a case that has a magnet in it, but honestly usually keep it in the cupholder.

Ouch! Nothing like playing “watch the bouncing Bushnell” on a bridge.

giphy.gif

I keep mine in the cup holders now as well.

Well, the title had my curiosity. The price has my attention!

Yes, I would like to know more!:D

I get the point in having a trusty magnet . You can always add a magnetic strap. Stripebird makes a quality one.

Seems like all the features are there and a great price point. I like the shock absorption and weather resistance. The grip looks to be useful and assume it feels good in hand.

With a crowded market i feel slope and haptic feedback are essential to win over new customers.

and the haptic feedback is pretty darn good from my brief tinkering with it.

I grabbed the Precision Pro Nexus and Bushnell Tour V2 before heading out the door today will get some comparison thoughts and pics up for them this afternoon.

I grabbed the Precision Pro Nexus and Bushnell Tour V2 before heading out the door today will get some comparison thoughts and pics up for them this afternoon.
IF all of these are within a yard or two of each other, one of those companies (read, the expensive one) could be in trouble.

IF all of these are within a yard or two of each other, one of those companies (read, the expensive one) could be in trouble.

Yardages were all pretty darn similar. Quite impressive.

I had one little annoyance with this one and that was I had issues sometimes reading the bottom numbers it presented. Those are the actual distance and the amount of slope change. Not a huge deal, maybe I'm just getting old. But the numbers just aren't very vibrant in that section.

It looks like a super durable unit.

How's it feel in hand? Size good? Material good?

size is perfect for me. It feels more durable because of the rubberized grip than it does premium(if that makes sense). Definitely grippy which I like.

size is perfect for me. It feels more durable because of the rubberized grip than it does premium(if that makes sense). Definitely grippy which I like.
The device I have doesn't have much of that, and has a couple of cart path whoopsy chips on it haha

Kind of wishing it had the 'cheaper' feeling rubber on it for those moments :ROFLMAO:

The device I have doesn't have much of that, and has a couple of cart path whoopsy chips on it haha

Kind of wishing it had the 'cheaper' feeling rubber on it for those moments :ROFLMAO:

that I 10000000007877698734% understand and have been there

BTW, the "normal" mode, which is essentially a scanning mode. Impressive speeds, just slowly move the rangefinder and the numbers change depending on your target. Just hold the button down and it you can quickly pick out a bunker, the tree next to it, the slow players infront of that. No need to shoot multipe things, just hold and scan. Kind of cool and impressive for a device of this price tag.

I like the idea of the rubber gripping over plastic or a premium grip. Have you had a chance to see battery life?

I like the idea of the rubber gripping over plastic or a premium grip. Have you had a chance to see battery life?

It's a cr2 battery, which is easily replaceable. It's what I have had in my normal rangefinder. For me, a two pack easily gets me through a season or even more. The battery indicator on this one has not moved.

Back