Voice Caddie SC200 Portable Launch Monitor Review

Thanks for the initial thoughts James. Being an owner of the SC-100, it's good to see the evolution of the product. From the screen shots i can tell some different read outs which is a good thing. I use mine to primarily dial in/maintain knowledge of my carry distances & mix up my practice routine.

I forgot to snap a ton of shots yesterday on range, but here's one when I was working with the PTx 5i (26*):

eebe9b7a03871cf072baea2cb1c22fab.jpg

Was dead on the carry distance as my LM was, which was fun to see.

Just an aside, but my goodness that is a long 5i

Just an aside, but my goodness that is a long 5i

Hahahaha, yeah, I'm back on my #'s I saw at the ECPC iron wise which is fun, and mind boggling. This pic was with the Hogan PTx, followed up with the Apex CF16 5hy and I hit the same carry #. Was pretty cool to see.

Love the thoughts James. Curious to know how well it does with hitting into a net.

Wouldn't mind something like this to take to the range and help give me a better idea of carry distances. Plus it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. Can't wait for the full writeup!

Thank you for posting all of this!!! I am so intrigued!

Love the thoughts James. Curious to know how well it does with hitting into a net.

Wouldn't mind something like this to take to the range and help give me a better idea of carry distances. Plus it wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. Can't wait for the full writeup!

I use mine into a net and matt in my backyard. It's works just fine, as good as at the driving range.

I use mine into a net and matt in my backyard. It's works just fine, as good as at the driving range.
Awesome. Thanks for the info. I think that was the biggest thing for me.

What kind of shots do you do on the approach mode? I cant get mine to read those...

What kind of shots do you do on the approach mode? I cant get mine to read those...

Every shot I have in the bag, low, high, flop, pitch, etc. Not a single issue there for me, with a LOT of shots hit in that mode.

Every shot I have in the bag, low, high, flop, pitch, etc. Not a single issue there for me, with a LOT of shots hit in that mode.
Cant ask for much more than that

Great stuff, Jman. I loved the original. Great companion on the range. Amazing what the unit can do IMO.

That is exactly like mine, except I cant get mine to work with any of those lol. Maybe I have a defect unit then, but it works fine for full shots with irons/woods. Very strange, I have to do some more testing it seems.
Also, how does it read your driver? Mine seem to read the shots a bit longer than they actually are.

Good stuff Jman. Thanks for the detailed writeup.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

That is exactly like mine, except I cant get mine to work with any of those lol. Maybe I have a defect unit then, but it works fine for full shots with irons/woods. Very strange, I have to do some more testing it seems.
Also, how does it read your driver? Mine seem to read the shots a bit longer than they actually are.
Mentioned it in my rundown a few posts back, but hitting it side by side with my launch monitor it is constantly within 1-3 yards on the carry distance. Now, total distance is indeed longer, but its to be expected since it is estimated by the unit, but I also know that total distance isn't as important as carry so my unit has stayed on carry 95% of the time.

Nice write up James. I really enjoy my SC-100 and I use it all the time.

I love how you can see ball speed and smash factor on the same screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lots of positive reviews here, which is opposite of my experience and many amazon reviewers of the sc100and200.

My exp is with the sc100, it was great and accurate for 2 month then the readings started to stray. Customer service response is extremely slow, if they respond at all. No email communication, had to call in and it seems they had no idea what email is, send my unit in for exam, after two weeks of no movement I called and they said it is faulty and they will send a replacements. A month passes, i called them again and they were basically saying "crap, someone messed up, will send out tomorrow." Now if this was just a fluke I'd be like w/e everyone makes mistakes, but the huge number of these service complaints are there on amazon reviews. The entire rma process took more than 2 months to complete

The exp left a sour taste for voice caddie, if you have a good functioning unit, great. If yours fail, I sincerely hope they stepped up their service game. As for me, they will not take another cent from me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That really bites Sennamont. I'm not sure why, but I had a completely opposite CS experience with them? I essentially loved my old SC100 to death (25K+ recorded readings) and it eventually started demonstrating some intermittant instability. I could sometimes get it to reset and not waste a range session but didn't have a reliable sequence to reset it everytime so I called voice caddie to see if they knew of one. Unfortunately they didn't, but even though I purchased my SC100 off ebay, and it was well past its warranty, they offered me an $80 voucher during the same phone call. No requirement to return my defective sc100, I could use the $80 on anything they offered, including used/refurbished sc100s. They even applied my $80 to an ebay vendor as to allow me to buy my new sc200 at a price cheaper than directly through voice caddie.

I feel like I would only need this product for a week or two and then it would have no use for me.

Not sure how to ask this ... what distance does it need to read to gather its data. Seems like a matter of 3-5 feet?

That really bites Sennamont. I'm not sure why, but I had a completely opposite CS experience with them? I essentially loved my old SC100 to death (25K+ recorded readings) and it eventually started demonstrating some intermittant instability. I could sometimes get it to reset and not waste a range session but didn't have a reliable sequence to reset it everytime so I called voice caddie to see if they knew of one. Unfortunately they didn't, but even though I purchased my SC100 off ebay, and it was well past its warranty, they offered me an $80 voucher during the same phone call. No requirement to return my defective sc100, I could use the $80 on anything they offered, including used/refurbished sc100s. They even applied my $80 to an ebay vendor as to allow me to buy my new sc200 at a price cheaper than directly through voice caddie.

Yea, that sounds completely different than what I had. Like I said the amount of 1 star reviews on Amazon kind of reveals the quality/cs that mirrors mine, luck of the draw I guess. They offered no compensation for me through that ordeal.

Yea, that sounds completely different than what I had. Like I said the amount of 1 star reviews on Amazon kind of reveals the quality/cs that mirrors mine, luck of the draw I guess. They offered no compensation for me through that ordeal.
FWIW, Amazon reviews are always..... Interesting. Those who talk most are those who are unhappy, the satisfied say very little typically, because they're happy

Mentioned it in my rundown a few posts back, but hitting it side by side with my launch monitor it is constantly within 1-3 yards on the carry distance. Now, total distance is indeed longer, but its to be expected since it is estimated by the unit, but I also know that total distance isn't as important as carry so my unit has stayed on carry 95% of the time.
Remind me, the sc100 only showed carry, correct?

Not sure how to ask this ... what distance does it need to read to gather its data. Seems like a matter of 3-5 feet?

My net is ~10 feet in front of my matt(which is 4x4), and I set the SC200 ~2-3 feet behind the matt, so ~5 feet from the ball.
End result of the SC200 is maybe 16 feet from the net.

FWIW, Amazon reviews are always..... Interesting. Those who talk most are those who are unhappy, the satisfied say very little typically, because they're happy
exactly.

Captaincaution: carry for 100

Back