Voice Caddie SC200 Portable Launch Monitor Review

OK I am sold, but ... GolfSmith does not have these online yet??? WTF?

(I have gift certificates)

I really want one of these. I think this is the tool that will make me practice more!!

Had this out again on my range session to finalize some thoughts before I finish writing the review today/tonight.

I hit three MASSIVE bags of range balls yesterday and didn't have a single non-read, this is going through all modes and hitting every club in my bag, so, take that FWIW.

Again next to my Launch Monitor the numbers were pleasantly comparable, no, they aren't perfect, but AGAIN, this also isn't a multi-thousand-dollar unit.

I said it with the SC100 review and I stand by it here with the SC200, this is a very useful device that can be a really fun practice tool for a lot of golfers who want more info but not to chase numbers. Is it perfect? No. No device like this is going to be perfect, but VC has honestly tweaked and improved with this one just enough to make it a more enjoyable unit to use (particularly all data on screen and the remote is 100 times improved). Again, its an evolution, not a revolution, and that is exactly what VC needed to do, IMO.

Had this out again on my range session to finalize some thoughts before I finish writing the review today/tonight.

I hit three MASSIVE bags of range balls yesterday and didn't have a single non-read, this is going through all modes and hitting every club in my bag, so, take that FWIW.

Again next to my Launch Monitor the numbers were pleasantly comparable, no, they aren't perfect, but AGAIN, this also isn't a multi-thousand-dollar unit.

I said it with the SC100 review and I stand by it here with the SC200, this is a very useful device that can be a really fun practice tool for a lot of golfers who want more info but not to chase numbers. Is it perfect? No. No device like this is going to be perfect, but VC has honestly tweaked and improved with this one just enough to make it a more enjoyable unit to use (particularly all data on screen and the remote is 100 times improved). Again, its an evolution, not a revolution, and that is exactly what VC needed to do, IMO.

I fully agree. Mine just........works. Dunno where the bad reviews are coming from, I suspect operator error regarding device placement. Either that or expectations that come from their experience with Trackman and the like.

This has me so excited to get mine. I don't need perfection but I would love to have something that gives me a much better idea of what my distances are with my clubs. I can deal with a little variance so I think this will be perfect for me right now.

I fully agree. Mine just........works. Dunno where the bad reviews are coming from, I suspect operator error regarding device placement. Either that or expectations that come from their experience with Trackman and the like.

I don't doubt that there are some faulty units and issues out there for some, its the nature of the beast for any electronic device, ya know?

I do think setup could be part of it for some, but that is because I have seen my HS kids just grab it and set it up where they assumed it should go (about 2.5 feet behind the ball) and thats incorrect.

To the last, I really agree with this a lot, and IMO that comes with Voice Caddie naming it "Launch Monitor" as well as the expectations that with that title it will perform exactly like those 25,000 dollar units some of us use at stores/courses/etc.

Again, I do believe there are some who will have issues, but that is the nature of the beast and I would hope their customer service would remedy that (though it seems we are 1 for 2 in here on that regard).

This has me so excited to get mine. I don't need perfection but I would love to have something that gives me a much better idea of what my distances are with my clubs. I can deal with a little variance so I think this will be perfect for me right now.

You and I talked about it, for what it is, its great. Its all about what you want, and what you expect. As a practice tool, I still say these (SC100 and SC200) are GREAT little devices.

I feel like I need to get this, specifically for the practice, but as a complete unit as well.

You and I talked about it, for what it is, its great. Its all about what you want, and what you expect. As a practice tool, I still say these (SC100 and SC200) are GREAT little devices.

And that's exactly what I'll need it for. Perhaps down the road I'll get something more accurate and can do more for me but I think this will fit the bill for now. I have had some time with the 100 but just never pulled the trigger because I just felt it wasn't worth it. Improved and easier use made think it's time to get on and help me dial in some distances.

And that's exactly what I'll need it for. Perhaps down the road I'll get something more accurate and can do more for me but I think this will fit the bill for now. I have had some time with the 100 but just never pulled the trigger because I just felt it wasn't worth it. Improved and easier use made think it's time to get on and help me dial in some distances.

Its funny, I worked the hell out of my SC100 for a LONG time because of the short game benefits on the range, but sometime I got away from it when I got more focused on using the LM for review work and me thusly not practicing the same way. THis has me remembering why I used the 100 so much, its a hoot.

I like how the numbers are not that far off (+/- 1 or 2 yds) from the higher priced units. In the end my range time is to work on my swing and make sure my carry distances are still what they are. The SC-100 makes practicing fun and i'm looking forward to getting one of these.

This one should be going up next week on the homepage, for those curious.

I say it in the review, but will here too, this is an evolution and not a revolution from the SC100, and frankly that is the way it should be IMO when you have something that was dang good at what it offered before. The SC100 didn't garner the popularity it did for no reason. Here though, the addition of barometric pressure and temperature sensing as well as the ability to adjust the lofts and not use pre-set's makes a definite difference in the finite accuracy. I still come back to the iportance of reading the directions and ensuring the unit is setup within the proper distance from the ball parameters, I think its something easy to overlook and assume that one knows where it should be.

Hearing this one mentioned on THP radio today piqued my interest.

Hearing this one mentioned on THP radio today piqued my interest.
Listening to it on the radio show got me interested as well

Am seriously considering hunting one out over here to see if I can demo it

After Listening to the podcast I am seriously intrigued by this product. Think it would be awesome for practice and at a great price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listening to it on the radio show got me interested as well

Am seriously considering hunting one out over here to see if I can demo it

I should have mine with me at the U.K. meet. You can try it the.

Mine should be here this afternoon. Looking forward to range tomorrow.

Went ahead and made sure to add the link to the review into OP as well.

Will have a good read of the review later, thanks for the excellent review (bit presumptuous but no doubt justified) as always James

Thanks for the review James, it was very helpful for you to sum up what exactly consumers can expect from the SC200 in terms of it being a launch monitor. I think it could have tons of value to a lot of people as that in depth practice tool for sure!

Thanks for the review James, it was very helpful for you to sum up what exactly consumers can expect from the SC200 in terms of it being a launch monitor. I think it could have tons of value to a lot of people as that in depth practice tool for sure!
Thanks brother, means a lot coming from you.

Fantastic Review James. This is a must have for me since you are allowed to set the club lofts now. I think the practice modes would be huge for me on the range with dialing it in and not just beating balls anymore.

Nailed it and may look into one as the first gen wasn't all that accurate for me. Great job.

Great review Jman. I still use my SC100 all the time and really enjoy it. Really the only complaint I had with it was that playing GI irons, my lofts were stronger than what was pre-set into the unit so my distances were slightly off for certain irons. The ability to set your own lofts for each club in the SC200 is HUGE in my opinion.

Good review James. I never thought I needed something like this but the more I think about it, I'm starting to come around to it.

Back