Voice Caddie SC200 Portable Launch Monitor Review

I just bought one of these off Ebay. At first i was getting wild readings from it... as much as 33% off, usually high. I tried setting it at a 45* angle from the ball and target line (instead of directly behind the ball on the target line) and VOILA now I’m getting consistent and accurate feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a good idea! I’ve not had quite the wild readings you have, but that’s something to explore. I’m going to try that out the next time I get it on the range. If you have issues with the wedges registering, check a few posts back to see what I did. That is still working well for me and I’ve been very pleased with the consistency and readings.

That’s a good idea! I’ve not had quite the wild readings you have, but that’s something to explore. I’m going to try that out the next time I get it on the range. If you have issues with the wedges registering, check a few posts back to see what I did. That is still working well for me and I’ve been very pleased with the consistency and readings.

On full swings i get better readouts from directly behind, but with wedge practice it works better at a 45* angle.

I just bought one of these off Ebay. At first i was getting wild readings from it... as much as 33% off, usually high. I tried setting it at a 45* angle from the ball and target line (instead of directly behind the ball on the target line) and VOILA now I’m getting consistent and accurate feedback!

Dang that's a deal I might need to check that out. I need something to get some numbers this year

Got one of these on the way soon, should be here for my yearly shaking-off-the-rust spring range session. Really excited to get some numbers on things and get more information for my own use and contributing here. I think it will definitely help my game and club selection.

Got one of these on the way soon, should be here for my yearly shaking-off-the-rust spring range session. Really excited to get some numbers on things and get more information for my own use and contributing here. I think it will definitely help my game and club selection.

It's not going to be your GCQ, however it will give you some fairly accurate numbers and overall performance like you want. I really don't think that you can beat this for portability and just a set and swing type of launch monitor.

It's not going to be your GCQ, however it will give you some fairly accurate numbers and overall performance like you want. I really don't think that you can beat this for portability and just a set and swing type of launch monitor.
It's all a matter of what you want out of it and, also, taking into account cost/value. It's a great device and I think it serves a great use for what I need.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's all a matter of what you want out of it and, also, taking into account cost/value. It's a great device and I think it serves a great use for what I need.

Agree completely and I liked it more than the more expensive unit from FlightScope. Accuracy was closer on distance for us.

Unit is on the UPS truck and should get it today.

Since the range at my local course uses limited flight balls, I am thinking that the most useful stat for me really is going to be swing speed and maybe ball speed? Carry distance is probably not going to be useful.

Unit is on the UPS truck and should get it today.

Since the range at my local course uses limited flight balls, I am thinking that the most useful stat for me really is going to be swing speed and maybe ball speed? Carry distance is probably not going to be useful.

I am not so sure that you won't be able to use all data on this from limited flight balls. It is my understanding that the dimples used on some limited flight balls (depends on type of balls a range uses) help keep them from full distance, so for the ~7 feet of measured ball flight needed, this should work decently for most things.

I am not so sure that you won't be able to use all data on this from limited flight balls. It is my understanding that the dimples used on some limited flight balls (depends on type of balls a range uses) help keep them from full distance, so for the ~7 feet of measured ball flight needed, this should work decently for most things.

Interesting. I guess I will find out over the weekend. My range uses the Srixon limited flight range balls.

Interesting. I guess I will find out over the weekend. My range uses the Srixon limited flight range balls.

Let us know what you find out. There's probably a lot of reading out there about limited flight range balls and launch monitors.

Let us know what you find out. There's probably a lot of reading out there about limited flight range balls and launch monitors.

Yep. Will do.

Getting ready to use this last night and came across something while trying to look at my ideas for practice. Is there a way to reset or delete previous data in the device (ie club distances)? I could switch from all time data (last 100 shots) to that day, which would turn it to 0, but I am looking at gathering data over the course of several sessions.

TIA!

Getting ready to use this last night and came across something while trying to look at my ideas for practice. Is there a way to reset or delete previous data in the device (ie club distances)? I could switch from all time data (last 100 shots) to that day, which would turn it to 0, but I am looking at gathering data over the course of several sessions.

TIA!

Hold the C (Club/Stats) button on the side of the device for a few seconds to reset all data

Hold the C (Club/Stats) button on the side of the device for a few seconds to reset all data
Yes! Thank you!

I cannot wait for my golf season to start, we just got hit with 3rd winter (stupid Albertan climate) but I picked up one of these SC200's recently.
Decided to give it a try at a local VR golf place that has the About Golf 3track systems (basically 3 hi-speed cameras that will track club (path/speed/face angle), ball (speed, launch, spin) then extrapolates he data into a shot in the game). I have played these systems for years and they are quite accurate at least with regard to my game.
Enough about that, I brought the SC200 to see how it would fare indoors with low lighting conditions and limited flight to see how close it was to reading the same shots as the simulator.
I was really impressed!
Every shot (except for a skull or hosel rocket) read very close to the simulators readings, tried the driver, woods, irons and wedges, all quite accurate and well within the stated tolerances from Voice Caddie.
My set has a D, 3W, 2i, 3-PW, AW 52° and SW 56° and I preset all my lofts into the unit before going, I say this because the unit does not have a 2i setting so I took one of the Utility club spots with the 17° setting for this club.
Tried a good selection of clubs while we warmed up for our game and my friends and I were quite impressed (they both ordered one as well) but where I found the most fun was the approach mode after our round.
We played 3 games of approach mode each taking turns (game 1 SW, game 2 AW, game 3 AW as the selected club) seeing who could score the highest in accuracy points.
This mode is fantastic as it will help develop those critical partial swing shots around the green.
The swing speed and smash factor readings will help me to work on a little more speed through the ball.
Once our snow is gone I will set up my net in the back yard to work with this unit and make some trips to the range as they start to open, I'm really excited to play this year and this product is fantastic!

I cannot wait for my golf season to start, we just got hit with 3rd winter (stupid Albertan climate) but I picked up one of these SC200's recently.
Decided to give it a try at a local VR golf place that has the About Golf 3track systems (basically 3 hi-speed cameras that will track club (path/speed/face angle), ball (speed, launch, spin) then extrapolates he data into a shot in the game). I have played these systems for years and they are quite accurate at least with regard to my game.
Enough about that, I brought the SC200 to see how it would fare indoors with low lighting conditions and limited flight to see how close it was to reading the same shots as the simulator.
I was really impressed!
Every shot (except for a skull or hosel rocket) read very close to the simulators readings, tried the driver, woods, irons and wedges, all quite accurate and well within the stated tolerances from Voice Caddie.
My set has a D, 3W, 2i, 3-PW, AW 52° and SW 56° and I preset all my lofts into the unit before going, I say this because the unit does not have a 2i setting so I took one of the Utility club spots with the 17° setting for this club.
Tried a good selection of clubs while we warmed up for our game and my friends and I were quite impressed (they both ordered one as well) but where I found the most fun was the approach mode after our round.
We played 3 games of approach mode each taking turns (game 1 SW, game 2 AW, game 3 AW as the selected club) seeing who could score the highest in accuracy points.
This mode is fantastic as it will help develop those critical partial swing shots around the green.
The swing speed and smash factor readings will help me to work on a little more speed through the ball.
Once our snow is gone I will set up my net in the back yard to work with this unit and make some trips to the range as they start to open, I'm really excited to play this year and this product is fantastic!

I'm glad that you found it about the way I did. Again it's not a GCQ, but in all honesty, it will do the job and give you fairly accurate readings. Some might want more information, but for those who want simplicity, you really can't beat the SC200 for a portable launch monitor.

Finally got out for a range session recently. Quite honestly, and I hope it was just some first session bugs, but I had quite a few issues. First, I always start my range sessions with my 7 irons. I set the SC200 up to the 7 iron club and set it about a driver length away from where I was setting up to hit. It got my first strike perfectly, then not a single shot after that. I thought it might be because I was too close/far, but I was within the 40"-60" range of the device. I found this to be strange, so I switched the club to the driver and swung away where it caught all but 1 of my swings. I was feeling positive. Then I dropped down to 5 iron after switching the club selection and, after a few solid readings, I had issues where the device was changing the battery level constantly and freezing to the point I had to manually shut off the device, no remote function nor button on the device would work. At this time, I was kind of abandoning the device for the session, but decided to select the SW and swing away with my new club. It picked up every single swing and, from what I could see given power to each swing, it was pretty darn accurate.

Overall, I came away happy with the device but if I am going to use it the way I want by getting my distances on my clubs this season, I'm going to need more consistent performance. Planning on using it to help a buddy with a demo session soon to decide on some irons and wedges and I will report what I find.

Finally got out for a range session recently. Quite honestly, and I hope it was just some first session bugs, but I had quite a few issues. First, I always start my range sessions with my 7 irons. I set the SC200 up to the 7 iron club and set it about a driver length away from where I was setting up to hit. It got my first strike perfectly, then not a single shot after that. I thought it might be because I was too close/far, but I was within the 40"-60" range of the device. I found this to be strange, so I switched the club to the driver and swung away where it caught all but 1 of my swings. I was feeling positive. Then I dropped down to 5 iron after switching the club selection and, after a few solid readings, I had issues where the device was changing the battery level constantly and freezing to the point I had to manually shut off the device, no remote function nor button on the device would work. At this time, I was kind of abandoning the device for the session, but decided to select the SW and swing away with my new club. It picked up every single swing and, from what I could see given power to each swing, it was pretty darn accurate.

Overall, I came away happy with the device but if I am going to use it the way I want by getting my distances on my clubs this season, I'm going to need more consistent performance. Planning on using it to help a buddy with a demo session soon to decide on some irons and wedges and I will report what I find.

I found it to have some issues when you have the unit directly facing the sun rather than to the side of it. I put it a foot or so longer than a drivers length and extend the cradle fully not upright. Weird shots to the right, left or very low sometimes aren't accurate. For the most part I get good and accurate information from the unit.

I found it to have some issues when you have the unit directly facing the sun rather than to the side of it. I put it a foot or so longer than a drivers length and extend the cradle fully not upright. Weird shots to the right, left or very low sometimes aren't accurate. For the most part I get good and accurate information from the unit.

I'm curious to see how it does this weekend for me. It was facing away from the sun, stand fully extended, and the shots I were hitting were pretty straight with the 7 iron. That sort of stuff will come with time, I'm hoping, but the freezing is what worries me a bit. Will report back this weekend.

You mentioned 'freezing'. was that the readout or was it cold? If so, how cold was it? I think the unit is supposedly spec'd to perform down to about 15F but in my own experience both of mine began having issues below 30-35F. Especially if the air was damp and cold. (FWIW I had a SC100 before I got my current SC200). Remote control issues, non reads, automatic readouts that while they were good for my ego (330+ carry) the readouts would occur every few seconds whether I hit a shot or not. If your unit is still out in the cold you might want to bring it inside and let it heat up/dry out. I think there might be a component on the control board that is more susceptible to cold than the specs say.

Last edited:
You mentioned 'freezing'. was that the readout or was it cold? If so, how cold was it? I think the unit is supposedly spec'd to perform down to about 15F but in my own experience both of mine began having issues below 30-35F. Especially if the air was damp and cold. (FWIW I had a SC100 before I got my current SC200). Remote control issues, non reads, automatic readouts that while they were good for my ego (330+ carry) the readouts would occur every few seconds whether I hit a shot or not. If your unit is still out in the cold you might want to bring it inside and let it heat up/dry out. I think there might be a component on the control board that is more susceptible to cold than the specs say.
My unit is inside at 70* room temperature and when I've been outside testing the unit it's been no colder than 55*. Comparably, I was with @jdtox at the range in sub 40* weather and his was fine.

Got out to the range today and, again, got some unencouraging results. Safe to say that I'm befuddled by this unit to the point where might be sending out an email to them to see if I am doing anything wrong. One last session this weekend and what I'm going to do is put the unit between 3 and 4 feet from the impact and see what happens. Maybe I'm putting it too far away?

Darn, it should work perfect then. I hope they can sort it out for you and that it's simply a positional issue. I always set mine up barely inside my path and aimed down my path, so a tiny angle in to out, about 4 feet behind the ball. I'll also sometimes set the SC200 up on spacers if the hitting area is much higher, as in a thick mat.

Anyone have contact info for Voice Caddie?

Anyone have contact info for Voice Caddie?

Other than on their website, I do not.

Back