Voice Caddie SC200 Portable Launch Monitor Review

That reminds me. My mission this weekend is to get to the range and definitively determine if my unit is bad or not.

Got my unit a week ago, was able to use it yesterday, I really like it. Seemed very accurate and got about 90% of the shots I hit, only ones it missed were the shorter ones.

I got this to sort out the top of my bag, to figure out my gaps, and understand which clubs I need, and do not need. Well worth the money for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That reminds me. My mission this weekend is to get to the range and definitively determine if my unit is bad or not.
UPDATE!

Well, I was going to dedicate 15 minutes or so of my range session today to getting more than 1 reading in a row. It didn't take more than 2 shots. I figure I was probably putting the unit too close as anything closer than ~30" resulted in a missed read, but every other shot was read and read really accurately. From driver down to partial SW shots, I really feel this unit was spot on with carry (I sure hope it was with an avg of 272 driver carry and 253 3 wood).

I also had a gentleman at the range ask what app I was using and took some time to give him some info on the unit and let him take a couple swing on it. He said his PW (what he had in hand) was reading really close to the distances he uses it at. I've had 3 sessions that were bad, but this one was very very good and I hope for another session soon to report the same results.

Thats great news tpluff. Glad it is working well.

UPDATE!

Well, I was going to dedicate 15 minutes or so of my range session today to getting more than 1 reading in a row. It didn't take more than 2 shots. I figure I was probably putting the unit too close as anything closer than ~30" resulted in a missed read, but every other shot was read and read really accurately. From driver down to partial SW shots, I really feel this unit was spot on with carry (I sure hope it was with an avg of 272 driver carry and 253 3 wood).

I also had a gentleman at the range ask what app I was using and took some time to give him some info on the unit and let him take a couple swing on it. He said his PW (what he had in hand) was reading really close to the distances he uses it at. I've had 3 sessions that were bad, but this one was very very good and I hope for another session soon to report the same results.

It’s a great device, I am happy with mine

It’s a great device, I am happy with mine

If my posts didn't convey it enough, I was perplexed, upset, and discouraged by my previous range sessions where I didn't get anything from the device.

Now that it seems to be working properly, I feel more motivated to get to the range and work on some things! It's funny but it's true.

I still use the original SC100 when I am testing equipment. Works like the day it arrived

Excited to add my feedback to this thread!

Other than on their website, I do not.

Even on their site I do not see any contact information

I was finally able to get out with a forecaddie to test the accuracy of my SC200. I was going to post the data but since my computer crashed and I’m on my phone I’ll post a picture of my notes.

****A couple disclaimers: This was my first time to hit balls in 1.5 months due to a back injury and my Bushnell rangefinder is 12+ years old (still seems to be pretty accurate though)****

SC200 carry distance vs actual carry distance measured with my rangefinder.

b0c3387d9f10790719516703b3d3b954.jpg

With the exception of short wedge shots the SC200 was accurate. I will also say this, the better I hit the ball the more accurate the unit was. Every time I hit the ball solid the unit read the exact yardage or within one yard. (Again, I haven’t swung a club in over a month so solid strikes were not as plentiful as normal)

I have hit my driver with the SC200 but I don’t have any hard data to see how accurate it is.

Two things I know are not accurate are short, low wedge shots and my Srixon U65 2 iron.

I’m am still going to do some more testing with all my clubs when I get back in the groove of swinging.

Picked this up today based on the reviews here. Hoping to hit the range tomorrow and give my drivers a good head to head and see actual numbers. It will be interesting to see if the numbers back what I see or what I think I see. Here's the drivers/shafts I'm going to be head to head testing:
Callaway XR, Callaway Epic SZ, interchanging the following shafts(Aldila NV, Tour AD, Aldila Rogue MSI-130), Cleveland Monster Hi-Bore XLS (Aldila NV), Cleveland HB Launcher (HZRDS black) and my wildcard, a Krank 5* LD with Fujikura Inertia all in X-Flex.

Reposting this in this thread...apparently I may have posted in the wrong thread.

405db63f4462e29b2dc7ba4a1a3ec02b.jpg

Received mine yesterday....snuck off super early this morning just to hit 30 balls and see what it could do. I’m very impressed! I didnt realize it speaks your distances aloud, so I let it do that for the first dozen or so shots. Every guy at the range was staring at me and wanted to see what it was all about. Think I just sold a few of these! Hahaha! This will be fun. More to come....

Super grateful to have won this. Will be a great tool for my range sessions.

I was finally able to get out with a forecaddie to test the accuracy of my SC200. I was going to post the data but since my computer crashed and I’m on my phone I’ll post a picture of my notes.

****A couple disclaimers: This was my first time to hit balls in 1.5 months due to a back injury and my Bushnell rangefinder is 12+ years old (still seems to be pretty accurate though)****

SC200 carry distance vs actual carry distance measured with my rangefinder.

With the exception of short wedge shots the SC200 was accurate. I will also say this, the better I hit the ball the more accurate the unit was. Every time I hit the ball solid the unit read the exact yardage or within one yard. (Again, I haven’t swung a club in over a month so solid strikes were not as plentiful as normal)

I have hit my driver with the SC200 but I don’t have any hard data to see how accurate it is.

Two things I know are not accurate are short, low wedge shots and my Srixon U65 2 iron.

I’m am still going to do some more testing with all my clubs when I get back in the groove of swinging.

The numbers for longer irons are certainly very close, and that's great. I wonder why the shorter irons have the most discrepancy? That's where distances really need to be dialed in.

The numbers for longer irons are certainly very close, and that's great. I wonder why the shorter irons have the most discrepancy? That's where distances really need to be dialed in.

I think the wedge accuracy is probably being impacted by the shorter time the ball is in the 'read window' as it climbs quickly through it. That and those shots just aren't making as much down range progress for the Doppler to accurately measure as a flatter trajectory shot would. I doubt the read window and sensor array is as robust on the SC200 as a unit costing 10-100X more. I've seen more accuracy reading my higher lofted wedges by tilting the unit back a little. I keep a few 1.5" square back splash tiles in my bag that are left overs from a kitchen remodel. They're about 1/4" thick. I use them to tilt the unit back when hitting high wedge shots, to level up the unit if the range is uneven, and to provide a dry platform if the grass is wet.

I thought about the wedge shots getting out of the window to quickly. Was going to play with tilting it next time I am out.

I was able to test the SC200 in my garage today. It was the first time using it while hitting into my net and it seemed to consistently be about 10-15 yards short. This was only using 9 iron - 6 iron. I have about 8' between the ball and net and i tried moving the unit around with no avail.

Received my SC200 last week and then we proceeded to get 6" of rain..... Hope to get it out this week and get some testing done.

well i have wanted one of these for a while now, and since i am back in the game per say think it's time. What are some of the better prices you guys have seen lately on these units.

well i have wanted one of these for a while now, and since i am back in the game per say think it's time. What are some of the better prices you guys have seen lately on these units.

If you're looking used, anything under $200 is a good price. But there's always the security of new and you can find decent deals on it there. I got a couple hits within a day for a WTB add here, plenty of units out there in THP land.

If you're looking used, anything under $200 is a good price. But there's always the security of new and you can find decent deals on it there. I got a couple hits within a day for a WTB add here, plenty of units out there in THP land.

just found a new shipped for 225 or so i went ahead and purchased

Nice! That's a pretty darn good price. Let us know how it treats ya!

Do you mind sharing the source for that price?

EDIT: Mine's coming Friday. With a bag full of new clubs, I'm looking forward to trying to dial in some distances.

Last edited:
First off, I really like the packaging this product came in. It’s a sturdy box that will easily fit in a pocket of my cart bag for easy transportation and no worries about it getting damaged. I first started off just messing with the settings. I needed to adjust the lofts of all the clubs to match my Wilson C200’s but that was easy enough with the remote. The features look cool, I can set a club and practice where it’ll give me Carry Distance, Swing Speed, Ball Speed and Smash Factor and will also store my averages for each club. It also has Target Mode where I can set a distance on the monitor and then use a club to practice partial swings to get to that distance, or I can set up approach mode where it will randomly select a target between 40-100 yards and you need to swing to meet that yardage. So Now that I’ve told you what you can read on the website, let’s get into so actually hard data when I took it to the range.

Range Time:
Got my first range session in with the SC200. It is fantastic!!!! I set up the lofts to match my set and then used my laser range finder to verify distances. This this was spot on from my driver down to my sand wedge. I really enjoy the speaking carry distances and it was great to see what my carry was for my woods. I didn’t have any problems with distances being off. Even when I lost the ball in the sun a few times I got readings from the unit, which was very helpful. It keeps an average of each club (so make sure you have the club selected to want to track). I look forward to testing out the approach and target mode with my next session. I will also be setting up a net soon to see how well the readings are portrayed there. Stay tuned for more information!

Back