Voice Caddie SC200 Portable Launch Monitor Review

First off, I really like the packaging this product came in. It’s a sturdy box that will easily fit in a pocket of my cart bag for easy transportation and no worries about it getting damaged. I first started off just messing with the settings. I needed to adjust the lofts of all the clubs to match my Wilson C200’s but that was easy enough with the remote. The features look cool, I can set a club and practice where it’ll give me Carry Distance, Swing Speed, Ball Speed and Smash Factor and will also store my averages for each club. It also has Target Mode where I can set a distance on the monitor and then use a club to practice partial swings to get to that distance, or I can set up approach mode where it will randomly select a target between 40-100 yards and you need to swing to meet that yardage. So Now that I’ve told you what you can read on the website, let’s get into so actually hard data when I took it to the range.

Range Time:
Got my first range session in with the SC200. It is fantastic!!!! I set up the lofts to match my set and then used my laser range finder to verify distances. This this was spot on from my driver down to my sand wedge. I really enjoy the speaking carry distances and it was great to see what my carry was for my woods. I didn’t have any problems with distances being off. Even when I lost the ball in the sun a few times I got readings from the unit, which was very helpful. It keeps an average of each club (so make sure you have the club selected to want to track). I look forward to testing out the approach and target mode with my next session. I will also be setting up a net soon to see how well the readings are portrayed there. Stay tuned for more information!

good to hear, really can't wait to get out and put mine through it's paces

Use mine now almost every time I hit balls and it always manages to draw a little crowd each time. Most of the time, the first question is about how much it cost me! Hehe!
I then tell them how accurate it is and give them a chance to try it. Every guy offered the chance has decided to hit driver (bad idea) and ultimately hits a terrible shot, only to hear something like “One hundred eight hour yards.” Then they look at me, shrug and walk away...lol. This after me telling them how accurate it is....lol.
I’ve gotten a few good laughs from this situation at least three times already.
Personally I really enjoy the unit. I find it it be pretty spot on the majority of the time. I haven’t taken the time to dig into the instructions or tweak it, just kinda using it out of the box. Just ordered a carry case for it off of Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been playing with it on and off for a week or two. Pretty cool little package, my only critiques are that I would love to see a few features added in the next release. A true data logger that can be downloaded via cable or Bluetooth. Overall, for the money it's solid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For those testing, what is the success rate of getting shots to read? On my SC100 sometimes it will be like 50%, but other days it never misses.

For those testing, what is the success rate of getting shots to read? On my SC100 sometimes it will be like 50%, but other days it never misses.

Mine never misses. Seems accurate on most hits. Even picks up practice swings. So far, though, I’ve only used it on the mats. That might make a difference.

My SC200 has only missed maybe 2 shots in the some 300 I've hit on it so far.

I've been playing with it on and off for a week or two. Pretty cool little package, my only critiques are that I would love to see a few features added in the next release. A true data logger that can be downloaded via cable or Bluetooth. Overall, for the money it's solid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a lot of experience with both SC models and I couldn't agree more. Ideally, the next version should have some way to easily access and download data .

At first, I really struggled with it. It has a pretty strict area in front of the device that it will read the shot from, and I was almost always outside of that.

After I just threw my 7i down and put the device that far away from it, it's got 99% of my shots, only missing the occasional bladed wedge.

I did want to touch on one point here with this device I'm struggling over. I used it over the weekend and gave some information in the Helium testing thread, but I'm a bit confused. On the surface, it looks like I am MASHING the ball, just clobbering it. But after doing some research with Trackman optimization and knowing some of my numbers, the numbers just don't add up for me. As you can see below, I registered 2 shots (really, it was 3 in a row but only 2 pictures taken) that are pretty similar all the way around but just don't make sense to me in the given settings as much as I want to believe it. Maybe if it was total distance, I could believe it, but not carry. I'm going to get back to the range and cycle the total and carry distance and see what that does for me.
8ccbe1c9d5ff4de6532a0308ca749771.jpg
9c5d6877ca1da58cf5773c46b121f0f0.jpg

Wow, those carry numbers dont match up with what I’m seeing on mine. I have nearly identical ss, bs and smash but have the loft set to 10.5 and the unit says I only carry around 270. Apparently the loft setting on the device makes a big difference perhaps??? Hmmm.....

Wow, those carry numbers dont match up with what I’m seeing on mine. I have nearly identical ss, bs and smash but have the loft set to 10.5 and the unit says I only carry around 270. Apparently the loft setting on the device makes a big difference perhaps??? Hmmm.....

I would say I'm about the exact same carry, all around the 270 mark. I thought about that too, but I'm actually playing at 8* and it doesnt even go that far down. I'm sure there's some sort of math thing in there, I believe everything except the distance data. We will see how next session turns out.

bbf9e10f2c5aef1f61b699a30bbca54e.heic

Here ya go....not even close to 290. I need to try changing the loft assumption to see what happens.

Yup, that's why I didn't post them because I didn't believe it. At all, as much as I wanted to. Going to play with the carry/total toggle and see what it will spit out.

I Did my SC2000 no favors on my first try with it, swing was horrid. The 3-4 good shots I did hit matched up on the dot with my range finder.

Enjoying good results with SC 200 as seems the same as SkyPro that I use with Voice Caddy got a email from Voice Caddy with set up tips

Hello,
Please confirm if your Swing Caddie is setup as described below and let us know your test results.
Distance of SC200 behind you is within 4 feet. For known high hitters we recommend placing further back up to 10 ft.
At least 6 ½ feet in front of you and the net (if no net do not worry about this)*
Do try to keep the SC200 front screen especially the Dopler camera as clean as possible as this reads the ball in flight to calculate readings
Make sure the ball and your SC200 are on the same level.
Is your unit in Carry or Total when hitting.
Range Balls: Some range balls (almost golf balls, foam or practice) are made to fly shorter due to material used so readings can be inaccurate
Colored Balls: colored balls have a harder time being read in flight.
If readings are inaccurate try propping your units front side on a note pad or small book to angle you Swing Caddie’s dopler camera higher to read your best carry distance
The SC200 does not account for launch angle or ball spin so hooks, slices and other shots can be inaccurate.
Please let me know of any other ways you have your setup to further assist you. Thank you

Kind Regards,

Voice Caddie
13951 Valley View Ave
La Mirada, CA 90638
www.voicecaddie.com

Confidentiality Notice
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

“Further back up to 10 feet”.... I will be trying this as I am a high ball hitter.

Enjoying good results with SC 200 as seems the same as SkyPro that I use with Voice Caddy got a email from Voice Caddy with set up tips

Hello,
Please confirm if your Swing Caddie is setup as described below and let us know your test results.
Distance of SC200 behind you is within 4 feet. For known high hitters we recommend placing further back up to 10 ft.
At least 6 ½ feet in front of you and the net (if no net do not worry about this)*
Do try to keep the SC200 front screen especially the Dopler camera as clean as possible as this reads the ball in flight to calculate readings
Make sure the ball and your SC200 are on the same level.
Is your unit in Carry or Total when hitting.
Range Balls: Some range balls (almost golf balls, foam or practice) are made to fly shorter due to material used so readings can be inaccurate
Colored Balls: colored balls have a harder time being read in flight.
If readings are inaccurate try propping your units front side on a note pad or small book to angle you Swing Caddie’s dopler camera higher to read your best carry distance
The SC200 does not account for launch angle or ball spin so hooks, slices and other shots can be inaccurate.
Please let me know of any other ways you have your setup to further assist you. Thank you

Kind Regards,

Voice Caddie
13951 Valley View Ave
La Mirada, CA 90638
www.voicecaddie.com

Confidentiality Notice
This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

This is kind of strange. When I contacted Swing Caddie about using my SC200 with a net I received this reply...
Charles,
There are some YouTube videos on it that say it does but it's not designed to. It needs more range for the doppler to accurately record the distance. We get very few returns but when they do, people say its not accurate and then they tell us they are using with a net as a simulator not as a launch monitor. If you want a launch monitor to use outdoors on the range, golf course, large field etc, the unit will be dead on but if you are looking for an indoor simulator, look for something designed for that use.

Have a great week,
RobertS

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using with net without any problems not sure what RobertS was talking about

The more I read the response from RobertS I think he might be confused I don’t think the sc 200 should ever be compared to a simulator I guess it would fit into launch monitor definition since it gives speed ,smash and distance

Hard to believe those two work for same customer support

Anyone interested in parting with their device?

A guy next to me at the range today was using one of these. It was pretty cool and he was telling the guy next to him about how great it was knowing just distance exactly. Makes a guy ponder if you know what I mean.

I'm going to ask for one of these for Christmas .. or at least gift cards for one, Lord knows wifey will mess it uo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I thoroughly enjoy mine. I don't use it that often, but it's a nice tool to have. I'll even break it out on the course some times if I'm playing alone and it's open.

I didn't know there was a "total" measurement (vs. carry.) How does the SC calculate that without calculating spin?

Back