Voice Caddie SC200 Portable Launch Monitor Review

i almost jumped on the one a thp'er put up in the marketplace today. 1) i'll have new clubs in december so current carry is irrelevant, but 2) i'm using arccos right now. so what would this unit provide for me that i don't get from the arccos data?

You can use the SC200 at the driving range and off a mat into a net. It also audibly tells you what your carry is, so during a practice seesion it’s pretty unobtrusive. I’m a little behind on the new Arccos tech, but I thought it tracks from where you hit your next ball.

I got to play around with my SC200 this last weekend. Its fun. I still want to do some on course testing when im not playing with a group. From what I seen, the wedge distances were questionable to me. But, the way our range is 80 yards out is hard to judge distance as it falls off and dips down into the range. A few shots and I was like man that doesn't seem like its that distance. On the other hand, I think the driver distances were good.

So far, I dig it. Sometime soon I want to drop a few balls 75 yards out and pitch balls into a green when im not playing in a group or its not busy on the course.

Haha, when I was on the range with it Friday one of the members which is up there in age seen it / heard it and goes "kids and their fancy gadgets these days"

one of these is headed my way. biggest thing i want it to do is tell me how fast i’m swinging. i’m trying to slow things down to make swing changes easier, and want the real feedback.

one of these is headed my way. biggest thing i want it to do is tell me how fast i’m swinging. i’m trying to slow things down to make swing changes easier, and want the real feedback.
Always thought the accuracy minus the misreads were solid

You're probably aware of this, but just incase you aren't as a new user, a standard SC200 won't register swing speed unless you also hit an actual golf ball. I think there's an updated SC200 version that does measure head sans ball speed and maybe that's what you're getting?

It's an accurate little unit IMO, hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine(y)

You're probably aware of this, but just incase you aren't as a new user, a standard SC200 won't register swing speed unless you also hit an actual golf ball. I think there's an updated SC200 version that does measure head sans ball speed and maybe that's what you're getting?

It's an accurate little unit IMO, hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine(y)

good to know. it will always be used hitting a ball. thanks!

I had my first session with the sc200 over the weekend. the next time I get with my instructor I want to bring the sc200 and compare its readouts to his trackman device.

the goal for me was to facilitate a reduced swing speed. my instructor has me trying to keep my swing speed at 75mph with a 7i, and about 80mph with a driver as we work through some changes. I had a really hard time keeping the 7i under 86mph even with what felt like smooth swings, and driver under 102mph again with smooth swings. my thought is that the sc200 was too high; it takes a helluva good move for me to crest 100mph (some sc200 were 105 which is usually unheard of for me). so i'm thinking maybe it was 3-5mph higher than actual.

I actually wanted to use the device to work on a slower, more rhythmic pitching motion. again, I was seeing speeds in the 40s, and a lot of missed readings, so right now I don't have a ton of confidence in its readouts for that move.

overall I found the device pretty easy to use. i'm keen on doing more testing for the accuracy of carry. stupid me left it on total distance the whole time I was practicing.

Back