Voice Caddie SC300i Launch Monitor

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Voice Caddie has made a commitment to personal launch monitors and the new SC300i brings a lot to the table on paper. Improvements across the board, while still hitting a price point that is palatable was the goal and the company might have nailed it.

Untitled-1-2-1024x692.jpg

The Voice Caddie SC300i is said to deliver much improved accuracy and consistency over the previous model, along with increasing battery life by 66%. Using high-performance Doppler radar technology, and calibrating atmospheric pressure sensors, the SC300i tracks essential data points such as carry/total distance, ball speed, swing speed, launch angle, apex, smash factor, and spin (spin is displayed in the MySwingCaddie app only).

While the MySwingCaddie app...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw their teaser on IG last week and it definitely looks intriguing. They already make the best "budget" personal monitor, in my opinion. If this improves upon the sc300, it should be a winner.

It looks good. I’ll wait on a few in hand reviews before I decide.

My question would be what does it actually measure? A couple things in the announcement raise warning flags.

The mention of "atmospheric pressure" sensor indicates they are using some sort of formula to estimate distance and trajectory, rather than measuring actual ball flight with the radar.

And the fact that spin does not display directly on the unit but must be calculated by the phone app indicates it probably isn't actually measuring spin either.

At a $500 price point my guess is it's another gadget that measures initial ball speed and launch angle the calculates and displays a bunch of other parameters derived from formulas. That's fine for what it is but the same limitations as other low-end ball speed monitors. Of course until someone does a detailed review (hint, hint) I'm just guessing. There's no way it can be a Trackman at 1/20th the price so it would seem likely it just measures the first few feet of ball flight and estimates the rest.

Very curious to see how this one performs as we know the last model had been known to be pretty much garbage

• Admin
Very curious to see how this one performs as we know the last model had been known to be pretty much garbage

The last model had some odd dynamics to it, but the firmware update they did shored up the measurement part of it. We still struggled with consistency though. Which we did not struggle with in our comparison of the SC200 vs GCQuad, where it fared well. I have been told this one is pretty rock solid in that aspect.

The app is being finalized (its in the app store, but still being worked on), that will be the tell tale sign I have a feeling. Based on my preliminary info, they might have something here. And definitely looking forward to testing it out in the tech studio.

The last model had some odd dynamics to it, but the firmware update they did shored up the measurement part of it. We still struggled with consistency though. Which we did not struggle with in our comparison of the SC200 vs GCQuad, where it fared well. I have been told this one is pretty rock solid in that aspect.

The app is being finalized (its in the app store, but still being worked on), that will be the tell tale sign I have a feeling. Based on my preliminary info, they might have something here. And definitely looking forward to testing it out in the tech studio.
I hope they do, golfers have been clamoring for a budget friendly launch monitor for a while. If they’ve succeeded it will be very popular I’m guessing

This is very intriguing. I’ve was just talking about the need for a putting green behind the pool and a launch monitor. She is considering my wants...

While this doesn’t fit the want for a SIM,it does bring consumers one step closer!!!

can't wait for the testing to begin.
Looking into buying sometho.g soon.

It's really exciting to see these personal launch monitors come down in price / go up in tech. Hopefully when we find our next home it will a good place to set this up inside (be it garage or basement) so that I can get real swings in over the winter.

Does it measure swing speed without hitting a ball?

With so many working to add speed, very few devices will measure swing speed with and without, and measure more advanced parameters. It would be nice to have that in a relatively budget friendly PLM and avoid buying 2 devices.

If it can be relatively accurate with spin at the price point, it's a big deal.

i didn't get very good consistency out of the sc300 that i had but if this has improved that, i'd be interested...

Excited to see how the test results go for this guy! After reading reviews on the consistency issues of the previous gen, I shied away from purchase.

i was really excited about the sc300 only to find it was pretty much useless based on reviews. sc200 is a great unit, i just felt like it overstated my speed and distances. i’ll be following the sc300i info closely. maybe that will keep me from buying a quad i can’t afford haha

So will the app show ball flight?

Looks like we might have one to begin testing as early as next week.

I can't wait to see how this one does

This would be awesome if it was as good as described. Looking forward to hearing about it in hand next week.

Really looking forward to this review. Having a launch monitor that is accurate and doesn't break the bank would be huge.

Color me intrigued, but definitely waiting for some in depth reviews and comparisons - especially after the performance of the SC300

With the price point, if this new version was accurate it could be a game changer. Add in a way to show ball flight and we are talking about an auto need to purchase.

I really like using the SC200 and looking very forward to reading the reviews.

I am excited to see how this plays out in testing. My SC300 works great. I must have got one of the good ones as I cannot say hardly anything bad about the unit I have outside of a misread once in a while. I used it normally 3-4 times a week for around a year now. Works good with my mats and on the range. The biggest thing is knowing where to place it for consistency.

I just used it yesterday practicing chips and out of over 100 balls struck it only missed 2 shots. Yardages were spot on as usual. I heard some not so good stories and was nervous about the SC300, but it has been a super faithful device for me and I have well used it. It has really been the key to getting my yardages nailed down and helped with my woods and especially my irons.

I do wonder what this "new" version will really offer that will be better than what I already have. Hopefully testing will bring out the new features. I don't see the atmospheric thing as being anything useful in my case, but maybe there were other changes that are worthwhile.

Hopefully it’s more like the 200 and less like the 300 in terms of accuracy.

There’s a niche that is open to companies to cash in on, the race is who creates a decently accurate product first to hit it and stake claim.

Back