Voice Caddie SC300i Launch Monitor

2mph off I guess would make up for the 5 yard loss. Ish. I remember the original SC100 would have issues like that with the wedges, but an 8i? I would have thought it was closer.

It very well could be indoors vs outdoors. Trackman would be about 5 yards difference too during our testing. It was actually a 9 iron also haha. I forgot to set the iron, but its OL anyway :ROFLMAO:

It very well could be indoors vs outdoors. Trackman would be about 5 yards difference too during our testing. It was actually a 9 iron also haha. I forgot to set the iron, but its OL anyway :ROFLMAO:

I wondered if indoor vs outdoor, but I would have also thought it wouldn't matter after the first few feet. Now I'm wondering what happens if you try and launch it as low as possible if it'll give some weird numbers like previous Vector launch monitors would do.

Also, I'm "shocked" trackman would be a little off.

I wondered if indoor vs outdoor, but I would have also thought it wouldn't matter after the first few feet. Now I'm wondering what happens if you try and launch it as low as possible if it'll give some weird numbers like previous Vector launch monitors would do.

Also, I'm "shocked" trackman would be a little off.

I ended up taking 5 swings including a knockdown 9 as the last one. It was genuinely with in a few yards of the Quad on every one of them. Later this week, I will pull up the app to compare spin data and get a full overview of Quad data as well. Its intriguing though, because it seems pretty darn close.

I ended up taking 5 swings including a knockdown 9 as the last one. It was genuinely with in a few yards of the Quad on every one of them. Later this week, I will pull up the app to compare spin data and get a full overview of Quad data as well. Its intriguing though, because it seems pretty darn close.
Looking forward to more testing data. Interest is certainly peaked if this one passes the @JB test. I know the prior version was panned pretty badly, but it is good to see some improvements were made to it. I know you were certainly not a fan of the prior version. :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to more testing data. Interest is certainly peaked if this one passes the @JB test. I know the prior version was panned pretty badly, but it is good to see some improvements were made to it. I know you were certainly not a fan of the prior version. :ROFLMAO:

I struggled with consistency for sure. 5 balls hit, all were close. Small sample size, but looking forward to more.

Have no doubt this test will be worn out with different clubs as well. Not bad for the price for sure. If GCQuad would just come down like 90%, this would be a moot point altogether...

launch is impressively close. would have thought ball and carry would have been closer with a higher lofted club, though. will continue to follow along and see how the ongoing testing goes.

Can't wait for the spin comparison. If it is even close I could see one of these in my garage next winter!

I've found myself very interested in a small, portable, relatively inexpensive launch monitor and this one seems to hit the right buttons. The driving range at my home course (as well as the course itself) is on an incline. So I never get to really see what my yardages are. To dial those in more accurately I really would like a monitor to check. Count me interested.

Last edited:
So tempted to just buy one. I’ll hold off for another week or so to see how additional testing pans out.

I’ll definitely be looking forward to a full comparison with the GCQuad. I was the lucky winner of the Instagram contest and should be getting my SC300i delivered any day now. I’m sure my swing consistency is nowhere near @JB but I’ll give it my best.

Not looking forward to seeing how much variation I have in my ball striking, but hopefully the knowledge will help me get better and motivate me to practice more.

Alan

So tempted to just buy one. I’ll hold off for another week or so to see how additional testing pans out.
Ok, I’ll be the one:

@Canadan is testing.

"I'm impressed"

Big change from what I’ve seen out of this price point. I’m definitely a fan of what this unit brings.

hit it with a short and a long iron today against the quad and the numbers were close most of the time.

Big change from what I’ve seen out of this price point. I’m definitely a fan of what this unit brings.

hit it with a short and a long iron today against the quad and the numbers were close most of the time.
Great to hear! I'm really looking forward to the complete review. :thumb:

Excited by what I'm reading on this one. Addresses a lot of what is missing in my SC200. Does the SC300i allow for swing speed measurements without having to hit a ball? Looking forward to the full review - thanks!

Great to hear, but potentially bad for my wallet. It would be hard to pass on it if it’s accurate and consistent enough to actually be useful.

I am really impressed with this little thing so far. I think there are some drawbacks like many radar devices when it comes to how a range is setup. The device must be level with the ball, about 5 ft back. So if you are on mats lets say, that could be an issue because you will have to prop the device up.

But distance on the shot today with my iron said 149.8 yards (shot above Dan took a picture of). That is pretty much what I was playing for, hit it well and would have been what I expected.

Putting in some more testing over the next week and then will have full feedback.

Love to hear initial thoughts so far. The way things are going one will be headed my way soon.

I think most impressive is how simple it is to get this live and in play.

We were in the middle of the fairway Waiting on the group in front of us and I was able to get it out of the bag, in place, and ready within about 20 seconds. Pretty awesome.

I think most impressive is how simple it is to get this live and in play.

We were in the middle of the fairway Waiting on the group in front of us and I was able to get it out of the bag, in place, and ready within about 20 seconds. Pretty awesome.

just the device itself? or paired with a phone/tablet as well?

just the device itself? or paired with a phone/tablet as well?
At that sample, just the device.

I’ll let @JB speak to the efficiency of the app.

Back